Whats The Last Thing You Bought?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by speedrattle, Oct 25, 2021.

1. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    i bought this last week :)

CW1_6607.jpg

CW1_6621P.jpg

• Like Like x 14
    • Love You Love You x 3
  2. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Vert nice :) a mate of mine Phil an ex racer just down the road from me has a couple of them.

406512748_3746945218860011_6858913445898068525_n.jpg

• Like Like x 10
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    have to say it is the best meriden/smallheath triple i have ever ridden. i thought the harrier was superb but this just seems so much more refined

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Race built bikes always have that extra bit :) hope you thoroughly enjoy it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Well, not actually bought but potential buy. Had a closer look at the new Scrambler 1200X today. I'm not a fan of the 1200XC/XE bikes, much preferring the look of the Street Scrambler but the new X version is much closer to that look. Apparently they've shortened the wheelbase and it has fewer (unnecessary?) gadgets and modes than the XE, plus they've dropped the gold Ohlins forks/suspension:grinning:. Not a fan of the TFT clocks TBH, they just look out of place on a retro classic IMO but that's what they all come with. Sitting on it also feels much loser to the Street Scrambler as they've lowered the seat height so much easier to get your leg over, not that I'm short in the leg dept. Might have to book a test ride.

IMG_2621.jpeg

IMG_2620.jpeg

IMG_2618.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  7. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    #727 RevPaul, Feb 25, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
    I bought these a few weeks ago. eBay bargain, immaculate with just over 2000 miles of dry riding in them.

IMG_3559.jpg

They're away for ceramic coating at the moment and I'll be fitting them soon:).

• Like Like x 8
  8. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Very smart:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Very nice, @Pegscraper! Let us know what you decide. In the meantime....

Life's short-buy the damn bike copy.png

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #730 Sandi T, Feb 27, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2024
    Well, I did buy the damn motorcycle! :rolleyes::joy: Here's the last thing I bought...a 2024 Harley-Davidson Street Glide. :grinning:

IMG_7682.jpeg

My 2020 Street Glide Special had just enough miles on it that after another big summer riding season like we have planned would have put me over the mileage where my trade-in/sale price would start declining. Nice rationalization, eh? ;):joy: So our January Las Vegas trip to the Mecum Auction was my last hurrah on my 2020. It has been a terrific bike. But one of the cool things is that my Minnesota nephew, Eli, bought it! I'm so glad it'll stay in the family.

Eli's "new" bike is currently at our local dealership waiting to be picked up and delivered to Minnesota by a transport company called Haul Bikes. Here are both my bikes together in the service area on Saguaro H-D. Yep, another orange touring bike.:cool: This time around I'm going chrome.

IMG_9666.jpeg

I rode over to the dealership on Saturday afternoon to put a deposit down on some parts I've ordered. When I pulled into the parking lot, who should be there but El Gordo, my Fat Boy! That bike is now owned and loved by my friend, riding buddy, and boss, Leila. :) She just had Viking bags installed and her hubby had just traded in his 2014 touring bike for a 2024 touring bike. Maybe it's contagious. :joy:

IMG_9738.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
    • Love You Love You x 3
  11. Bikerman

Bikerman I used to have 5500 posts.
    Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    Good for you @Sandi T, life's not a dress rehearsal, you've got 1 shot at it, so make it count.
    Looking forward to more great stories coming our way.
    Safe riding.:):):)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    @Sandi T: Congratulations to your new bike. Can not wait for your new stories and pictures!!!;):kissing_heart:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    Congratulations @Sandi T :party:. The orange would definitely be my choice of colour, I think it's my favourite Harley colour :heart:.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Congratulations on (yet another) your new bike @Sandi T :grinning:
    If I recall, didn't you get a custom seat for the old one? Will it fit the new one or is time for more new fangles? :grinning::joy:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    Worcestershire
    Nice one Sandi, all that chrome! Good job you're in a nice climate. Enjoy your new Harley

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, @Dawsy! Yep, another new one. But I should be good to go now for at least a handful of years. :) I see keeping the "Fast Johnnie" Low Rider ST for a v-e-r-y long time. And I'll probably ride the new Street Glide as my primary touring / trip bike until I can't manage such a big bike anymore. Of course, I say that to my ride buddies and they're like, "Yeah, riiiight."

Speaking of right, you are so right about my custom seat! In fact I just had a conversation with my nephew, Eli, who now owns the bike about that seat and about how he'd better appreciate it. ;) I got that seat not so very long ago and love it. Of course, the new 2024 touring bikes have a different tank and my beautiful Le Pera WON'T FIT! :mad: Bad news for me, good news for Eli. ;):joy: I've liked each of my Le Pera's so much that I'll bite the bullet and get another for this new bike. But the folks at Le Pera haven't even made the changes yet so I may have to wait awhile. Maybe long enough for my wallet to stop smokin'. :scream:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Jolly good show Sandi!:grinning: I may be just a few days behind you in the new bike dept, test ride booked

PS........what's with the bell ringing?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, @Pegscraper! I'm really enjoying my new Street Glide. I've about 600 miles on it to date and have it scheduled at the end of this coming week for a few tweaks--exhaust, cam, air cleaner, & tuner. That should open her up a bit. ;)

Oooh, are you test riding that Scrambler 1200X? I'll be eager to hear how you like it...and if you bought it! Remember, "life is short, buy the..." You know the rest. ;):joy:

The bell ringing is a tradition at the two Harley dealerships in Tucson. The newly purchased bike is parked under the bell and then all the employees honk the horn on a bike while the new owner rings the bell. Generally there's a lot of hooting and hollering and clapping. :grinning: It's great fun and a nice little photo op, too. :)

Speaking of photo op, share a pic or two with us if (well, probably when) you get the bike!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Well, I bought the damn motorcycle! Now for the accessories!:joy:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  20. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That’s great, @ Pegscraper! Congratulations! Have fun with those accessories. I love that part, though I have certainly learned that I have to build those goodies into my overall purchase price. ;) Please share photos of your new bike with us when you get a chance and keep us posted as you accessorize. :)