Whats The Last Thing You Bought?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by speedrattle, Oct 25, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    And availability. Time to fit a new set of tyres to the car. As the OE ones had given such good service I wanted the same again. 5 month waiting list. :scream:

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    wtf …. My car tyres are getting to the point for renewal, maybe I need to look at ordering them now. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    The OE ones were Pirelli P Zero. I went with Michelin in the end and even then they had a real problem finding the front ones for me.

4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

I ran them and loved them. Then two years ago I couldnt get them, after ordering, I was told they had a four week lead time.
    So I changed my order to Angel GTs.
    Love these even more, now on my 2nd set and they are first class.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Geoff Butler

Geoff Butler Never too old for Biking!

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    I used to be a Pirelli P Zero only fan for my Audi A4 Quattro and TT Quattro and they are great tyres but then I discovered Hankook Ventus tyres and have never looked back. Great grip in the wet too!

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Yes thanks Wim. Been home now since 22nd Sep and got my appetite back. Trouble is the day I came out of hospital, the wife went in. She's out now but in lot's of pain. She rang Salford hospital yesterday which is the only NHS hospital in the UK that deals with her problem. She was told that as her condition is judged to be "stable", triage will take EIGHT weeks and treatment SEVENTY SIX weeks. :mad::mad::mad:

• WTF WTF x 2
  7. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Good to hear you're feeling better Andy.
    Not so good about the mrs. though. Here's hoping treatment will be possible sooner.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Plus early bikes never had traction control :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    Mine too!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. speedrattle

speedrattle Senior Member

Feb 19, 2021
    appalachia usa
    [​IMG]

eagle eye LEDs. cheap 12 volt, super bright. im replacing the inadequate pilot bulbs in the headlamp of a 69 BSA i just rewired. this one has an amber circuit too, so it can be used as a micro turnsignal.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    This talk of tyre shortages has just reminded me of a similar situation in '95 when the Kobe earthquake hit Japanese tyre production. I desperately needed a front tyre for the Fireblade just before the TT holiday but couldn't get one to match the rear anywhere. Can't just remember what was on the back, could have been a Bridgestone but I ended up with an Avon something or other and I was lucky to get that. The initial relief of actually finding a front soon wore off after I rode it and it felt feckin' horrible! The worst TT I ever went to.:mad:

• Like Like x 4
  12. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #252 Sandi T, Oct 6, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
    We're having the same issue getting tires here in the U.S. as what many of you have reported, at least in my part of the U.S. And what I've bought recently is also right in line with those of you who recently bought tires. I've had to buy not one but two sets in the past two months--one set for my Speed Triple which had just shy of 8,000 miles on them and the other for my Street Glide Special which had about 12,500 miles on them. So a double whammy! :eek: I put Michelin Commander 3's on my Harley and Road 5's on my Triumph. And I'm loving them both! Well, all except for the wait times and the prices. :scream: I also had to get a new battery for Speedy. And while I was hemorrhaging money I figured I might as well finally get a new seat for the Street Glide. The one I've had on it is the same touring seat that I've ridden since 2014 on three touring bikes and 40K+ miles over that time period. One our last road trip I felt myself getting rather squirmy and realized the padding was pretty much done for. I wound getting the same model I've had, a Le Pera "Daytona Sport" with a back rest channel. Luckily Le Pera hadn't changed anything about the backrest setup so I can just use the one I've used for trips and didn't have to spend more to get a new one. I did go with their vinyl materials over leather this time around and I chose a new stitch pattern. I've got about a thousand miles on the new seat and it DEFINITELY has more padding! So much so that it puts me up and forward a bit from what I've been used to for the past few years. :joy:

Anyway, my layout has been more than I'd bargained (or budgeted) for recently so I'll be laying low on this thread for awhile. I'll just peek on to see what others are spending their $$ on. ;):) Why do things seem to come due at the same time??

IMG_1961.jpeg

IMG_1960.jpeg

IMG_1959.jpeg

IMG_1442.jpeg

IMG_1643.jpeg

IMG_1645.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  13. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    #253 Iron, Oct 6, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
    Marvellous, officially old man now..... :relieved:

1.jpg

Hopefully it looks just as smart on me....over

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Does it come with the Byro's? :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I like these overcoats, they look a lot more "I know what I'm doing" than a pair of grubby overalls. You do, however, need at least 3 pens and a 6" steel ruler in the top pocket to achieve full graduation. :p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Granville, F f f f fetch your c c c cloth!:joy:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Just purchased this DealerTool as my machine is coming out of warranty very soon, my dealer rang me to say my bike was due a service soon, the charge for an annual service (oil and filter change, plus check over), wait for it £240, the dealer is excellent and can't be faulted in any way, but the price come on, the 12,000-mile service due next year is a whopping £750 and if the valves needed re shimming that's another £150 on top, £900 for a 12K service. Back to the DealerTool, can I get the software to install can I heck, I'm running windows 10 as this is compatible, but hell can I get it installed no way, anyone had the same issue.
    http://dealertoolcouk.ipage.com/downloads20.htm

thumbnail_IMG_1626.jpg

18. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Which bit can't you instal, the Dealertool program or the drivers? I intended to buy a cheap laptop with W10 to run Dealertool but tried it on old W7 32bit machine first despite it not being a supported OS and it works fine.

19. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    To graduate you need a slide rule ;)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Pegscraper, both the program and the drivers, I am running an Asus VivoBook 15 with W10, it does have Ryzen5 and Radeon graphics for downloading/uploading GoPro videos, I have tried all ways to no avail.