What's it worth?

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Richard Bowling, Oct 3, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Richard Bowling

Richard Bowling New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Durham
    Hi,
    It's my 93 trident 900. 21,600 genuine miles. Is in superb condition and is mechanically excellent. Don't know where to start really. Sprag clutch mod done, Hagon rear shock and fork springs done, valve clearance done, tasteful cosmetic upgrades such as hugger, Corbin seat and Daytona exhausts. Everything that can be powder coated has been (including the frame) runs perfect and starts first time. Full mot.
    Don't use it much, so considering selling. Hopefully you guys can help with a valuation. As the bike is that good, if it's not worth much I'll just keep it.
    But I do think it's up there with the best, ridden tridents out there. I have not seen one as good ( not to say there isn't any)
    Thanks in advance,
    Richard

File_000.jpeg File_003.jpeg File_005.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Me too. spent a lot of money wont see it back, enjoying every minute...

Keep It.
    o, nice.

3. mixifix

mixifix Active Member

May 7, 2013
    mansfield
    Yes keep it use it more

4. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Tridents are hard to value realistically as owners know how good they are, whilst those looking for an older bike don't want to pay too much. Sadly they are not as valuable as a comparable 900 Thunderbird despite being, arguably, a better bike.
    Had mine from new ('95) and it has now done over 50,000 miles - not a lot by some standards, but it has seen little use since 2012 due to illness and had a Daytona 955i CE for company for 12 years.
    Like you, I have recently harboured dark thoughts about selling it, but I had a ride out on it yesterday (around 70-80 miles ish) and rapidly decided not to go down that particular path. Will hopefully get myself better instead - eventually!
    If your Trident was parked next to mine on a nice sunny day, we would have to issue sunglasses to all who passed!

DSCF1016.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  5. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    That has to be the best colour scheme for the Trident..even better than the British racing green which looks great..i would keep a hold of it,maybe you will use it more in the future..i would love one of them but I've already got 2 bikes and my wife just wouldn't understand if i got another :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  6. DreadySteve

DreadySteve Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Bournemouth
    Damn that looks good!! Keep it keep it keep it :)

7. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    #7 thebiglad, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    What's it worth? A lot more than you will get for it, imo. If I made an offer for it the likely scenario is that you would be offended by the figure proposed, I on the other hand would be valuing it as a 23 year old bike - albeit in good condition.

I would agree with the others, save yourself a lot of heartache and frustration and keep it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Volksrat

Volksrat Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Peterborough
    I agree with Biglad, I'm looking to buy a Triple very soon and I'm surprised just how 'cheap' they are.

After buying my Bonnie for £4600 I can get a very tidy Sprint / Trident for around the £1600 mark !!
    This price honestly doesn't reflect the quality of these bikes, however, it is the price of a 20+-year-old bike...

9. Richard Bowling

Jan 17, 2016
    Durham
    Thanks for all your honest feedback, helped confirm what I already thought. These are such a good bike, just have something about them.
    Thanks for your kind comments on the condition, a lot of work gone into her. Stevethegoolie, yours looks great, original! Like the fly screen, debated whether to get one for a while.
    Any other feedback welcomed, hopefully help a few other trident owners as to what there bike is worth.
    Cheers guys,
    Rich

• Like Like x 1
  10. om15

om15 Active Member

Sep 5, 2016
    dorset
    I had exact same model in this colour scheme, completely regret selling it for a Bonneville, the Trident is my favourite Triumph model.
    Hard to price for the reasons given above, the going rate appears to be £1,500 to £1,800 ish, due to condition of yours I would think that someone who wanted the bike would pay £2,200.
    Agree with the comments, if you have the space and don't need the money for another bike hang on to it.
    I really, really wish I had the space.
    om

11. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    The screen on mine is a Puig which I found on ebay. If memory serves it was around the £30 - £40 mark and was from somewhere in Wales. Sorry I can't be more help - just put it down to me age and the fact I bought it over a year ago!:confused:

12. Richard Bowling

Jan 17, 2016
    Durham
    No problem Steve, had a look and found one, might buy one. Does it do a good job of wind protection? Om, thanks for your comment, if you ever do 'have the space' get in touch!
    Cheers,
    Rich

13. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Seems to keep the breeze off quite well, Rich. Definitely 'better than nowt', as they say in all the best circles. Certainly as good as the GPZ type of handlebar fairing as per my avatar (it got scratched so I tried to respray it - black orange peel effect duly installed!!:oops::eek::(:mad:). I just makes life that bit more comfortable.:):cool:

14. om15

om15 Active Member

Sep 5, 2016
    dorset
    if you ever do 'have the space' get in touch!

I'll move house and give you a call!