What's happening? It's like the Marie Celeste on 'ere !

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by thebiglad, Jul 1, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    For the last few days there seems to be little or no posts on the forum, is everyone on holiday?

• Like Like x 1
  2. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Awh bless ! I've just noticed you're from Kidder ! I've a pal I visit each time I come to UK, in Mason Road. Anywhere near you?

3. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Busy buying my next old car so bin braying the system to death and hell it takes some effort for the right buy....
    Wifey says I'm unsociable cos I concentrate too much on next purchase

4. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    No bike? WTF??

5. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    been viewing new flat/s. then applying for, then paying deposits etc ( I only rent ). It is a big mission for me , and the mrs of course, and takes a lot of time to get right, I dont wanna move again. plus I MOTd the bike and am having the seat recovered to hopefully make it fit more comfy than the original. which of course is more important than getting new furniture for the flat,lol.

Lol.No bike, I agree,WTF? get a project going, have fun.

6. Dodge74

Dodge74 Active Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Lincoln
    I went to Barton bike night tonight , met a bloke who'd parked next to me on a T100 bonnie , he had bored the engine out from 790 to 901 , and put Keihen carbs on it , I wish I'd took a photo of it to post up but battery on phone was dead again (iphone 5's are crap really for that) - anyhow the bike was a right piece of kit - Maxton rear shocks , front forks revalved etc etc , lovely bike

7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Very quiet Dave - must be holidays.
    Of course, some of us have been falling off our bikes! - been a week now but feeling much better.
    Bonnie was picked up from my mates yesterday by the appointed garage, so now have to wait for the verdict. (gulp!)
    He didn't know I had another bike so offered to lend me his brand new Explorer XC! As soon as my hands are strong enough we're off riding anyway and he says I can borrow it anytime. Also, my mate down the road has finally bought a bike - a 95 Trident Sprint - so I finally have a biking buddy in the village!

• Like Like x 1
  8. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Steve, glad to hear that you are on the mend. You know what they say about falling off a horse? You need to get right back on again straight away - you don't want those "doubt demons" having a go at you.

I've got a biking pal in my village but he only wants to go out maybe once a week and then only for about half an hour or so - I NEED MORE !!!!!!!!!

I'm just on the point of pulling the trigger on some new exhaust pipes from the same place you got yours. Since cutting down my existing ones they are really just TOOOOOOOOOO loud. :confused::eek:o_O

• Like Like x 1
  9. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Take a look at that TR7 Trail post big fella that should wake people up fer comment :D:D:D

• Like Like x 2
  10. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Can't wait to get going again to be honest - so frustrating to be looking out of my office window (I work from home) at the Trident sat in the sunshine! Will give it a go soon, perhaps the end of next week when hands don't feel so bruised.
    Very frustrating not to have mates to share rides with - know a couple of guys in next village with Harleys (not ideal company) but they rarely go out and one is very slow!
    Your pipes were already loud - about the only thing I could hear above mine when you were following me to Bishops Waltham!

• Like Like x 1
  11. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    I've been on me holidays,just getting back to normal.
    Got the wife's bike clean(MOT Sat) but mine's still covered in French crud.
    Just back to work and was told the CEO is paying us a visit on Monday,never seen so much cleaning :confused:

12. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    I visit a couple of music forums and they are also very quiet. Mind you I've noticed that over the past few years all on-line forum usage has fallen off. New song posts used to run into dozens a day but now we're lucky to see 3 or 4. I used to post new songs every month but I've only posted one this year.

It's a discussion that has been revisited several times with no definitive answer. If people are spending time on-line then Facebook seems to have taken over in some cases but I wonder if generally people have got bored with on-line forums. The novelty has worn off so to speak.

What I have found is that every forum seems to have a core set of members that seem to keep going whatever happens and the other members dip in and out and I think this one is no exception.

Summer also tends to see a decline in forum usage in my experience.

Discuss!

• Like Like x 3
  13. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Sorry guys but I bought a Kawasaki. I'm 4500 miles in now and nothing has broken or fallen off (the bike that is)

14. camman

camman Member

Jun 7, 2015
    christchurch dorset
    I am a moderator on a BSA forum and that also goes quiet this time of year, mainly because we are out riding, on holiday, etc.
    As I am into the older classic bikes, that type of forum gets very busy in the winter months when we are either restoring or "fettling" with our bikes.
    My newest (and favorite) bike is the the 1980 T140 Bonnie, which has just bought me safely home from a 240 mile round trip today and has taken me almost 4500 miles this year already, without any bits falling off or breaking off ....apart from speedo drive tag, which considering it was 35 years old, I forgave.

15. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    My mummy says I've got to play outside while it's nice and "GET OFF THAT FOOKING COMPUTER!!" :eek::p:D

• Like Like x 5
  16. camman

camman Member

Jun 7, 2015
    christchurch dorset
    Your mummy is very wise ;)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Thats fair say....

18. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    What did you break btw?

19. camman

camman Member

Jun 7, 2015
    christchurch dorset
    Off to Spain now to incnerate the parts of my body that I recently burnt during my daily ride outs in this glorious weather. So no more waffle from me for a week or so.:rolleyes:
    Just remembered I STILL have the old one piece paper licence so will be restricted to bicycle hire :(......oh well, i suppose i can manage to sit by the pool drink beer as it is only five days.:)

• Like Like x 1