What you drinking tonight?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrOrange, Jan 14, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Started off with a couple of Fischer Noel, now consuming a couple of Leffe Blonde, then onto a bottle of Fitou - a very pleasant evening.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hobnail

Hobnail Senior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    USA
    Contemplating why one serving size is 12oz, but the bottle only holds 11.2oz of Guinness. One of these fathomless questions?

IMG_6265.jpg

IMG_6266.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Been gigging tonight, a lot of fun as always... even managed to cadge a lift, so had a few points of ipa! I’ve come home now and in honour of Rabbie Burns, I’m have a large glass of this fine single malt whilst waiting for my ears to stop singing... it’s lovely and smooth, real tasty!

610005C4-1745-4A80-985C-0B606828D62C.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  4. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    They must've decided to round up from 10 oz.. I'm pretty amazed and happy to read that a Guinness only has 126 cal. That truly is fathomless!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    No!

Fluid ounces are volumetric not weight or density. The widget gasses up 11.2 to 12 fl Oz.

My WAG.

(Wild ***** Guess)

• Like Like x 1
  6. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Several Hobgoblin variations and a large scotch! À tout à l'heure !

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hobnail

Hobnail Senior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    USA
    320 ml = 11.2oz. My guess is they bottle in Ireland and this is the standard size. However, I recall 330ml tins in UK. And, Yeah.. Low cal beer. They used to have an advert stating such, with the byline "We don't believe it either".

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Hobnail

Hobnail Senior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    USA
    Yeah, it's been a while and my memory gets mixed up. Was back in Birmingham two years ago on business. They wouldn't take my old pound coins! Everything changes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hobnail

Hobnail Senior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    USA
    #1609 Hobnail, Feb 2, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    Enjoying a free 32oz from our local grocery store. I showed up with my growler to be filled (64oz) since they have a good selection. Thus began a comedy of errors. I requested a taste of an IPA called Witch Slap as with a name like that, well.. The little cup that was proffered was 100% foam. Maybe the keg is getting empty, I offered. How about this other one, Sierra Nevada Celebration? ( a safe bet for me). They set up my old Pokro Brewing growler (as a side bar, these folks used to have a great brewery until an untimely divorce ruined the business… Sad face. Message here is not to let marital strife get in the way of good beer). The automated fill system pukes out a a dribble and quits. That keg is indeed empty. The little girl running this circus carries a new keg from the cooler, struggling across the store. Ouch. Connects it and the manager now gets involved starting the pour process “sans purge”. I grimace. New kegs need to breath or the result is volumes of foam. My growler is filled with 64 oz of foam. The manager is perplexed at the result and aborts the automated process. She opens the little cage confining my bottle and loosens the seal. Immediately a shower of wasted beer is distributed to the area in general and her face in particular. She turns to me dripping Celebration. Her face says it all, “We are not amused”, but everyone else is, as this little sideshow has attracted an audience. She states the bottle will be filled from the tap. This exercise results in even more foam, spills and copious paper towels soaked in Celebration. To add to the now a qualified fiasco, a party group appears wanting two growlers filled with the same beer, and a taste to boot. The manager has had more than enough, sets my bottle to the side and states she will give me a 32 oz extra to make up for the 2/3 filled grower and long wait. I count it as entertainment, but don’t refuse the brew. I wish this merry band a great weekend and better times ahead.

Back safely at home, the Celebration is lovely. Cheers Triumph pilots.

IMG_6322.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. BurgerBobber

BurgerBobber Member

Jan 27, 2020
    Houston Texas
    Non-alcoholic today.

15806142158998367863870125457201.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    I hope that's a knee and not a head :joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I'm adding in another form of rehab and therapy in addition to physical, fritter, and pet. Life's short--drink up! So what if I've been on ibuprofen and acetaminophen for two weeks now?! Priorities...;)
    IMG_7436.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. Hobnail

Hobnail Senior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    USA
    Excellent choice.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Ahhhhh.... My 1st actual proper "cocktail" since my bicycle crash two weeks ago. A Hendricks Orbium gin and Vya vermouth Gibson. :yum Things are looking up! :blush: Plus I've heard this concoction has special medicinal qualities. ;)
    IMG_7438.jpeg

IMG_7440.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  15. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

It’s ALL medicine :grinning:
    The only time I’m pain free is when I’m off my face with alcohol :imp::yum:p

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I’m not normally a regular drinker but tonight I think I might have to partake in a few snifters.....I’ve just been offered a new job! :grinning:
    Haven’t had a paid job for almost 2 years (through choice) and have been looking around for the last few months for something as the ol’ bank balance was starting to look a bit sorry for itself.
    A big bonus is that it’s a 5 minute walk from home to the new office. :cool:
    Now, what shall I start with......:p

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That's terrific, @freck! Congratulations!! :grinning::heart_eyes: I didn't work for one year and when I went back to work, even though part time, it has been really nice to get regular paychecks again. Looking forward to seeing a photo of what adult beverage you've decided to celebrate with! ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    W*rk is a needs must activity. Congratulations on the new job, which I hope provides enough for you to again take time out....

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Oldfart

Oldfart Senior Member

Oct 25, 2019
    Staffs Moorlands
    Sadly it's now gone up to £30 in Sainsbo's:(

But never mind we're 2-0 up :):)

Oldfart
    IMG_0582.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  20. Oldfart

Oldfart Senior Member

Oct 25, 2019
    Staffs Moorlands
    Yes, its rapidly become a favourite, wish I'd bought a couple when it was cheaper.
    BTW still waiting for the son to open the Pot Still I gave him as a present!

Oldfart

• Like Like x 3