What you drinking tonight?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrOrange, Jan 14, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Depends how many you've had, could be Hic Hogshwill Hic:confused:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    In the little town next to mine,

IMG_0416.JPG

there's a small brewery and pub called 'Schalander'.

They have some of the finest beer on tap, that I ever tasted...

FullSizeRender.jpg

And there I'll get pished tomorrow evening with a friend, talking petrol all night...
    That's life!
    :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Yeah, sure.
    We keep it just as the Japs do it with their Whisky: we drink it ourselves :D
    (But to be honest, I buy wine from the area not to far away from where Ade is skiing right now:
    South Tyrol (Italy, but German spoken). They have improved to very high standards in the last 40 years...
    ...when I was 10 the wine there was still to my disliking :confused:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    It was condensation. At least I only had the typical headache the next day from talking too much...:D

• Like Like x 1
  5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    It's Italian! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  6. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    The Germans produce vast quantities of excellent white wine - have stayed many times in the Mosel Valley often at the guest house of a wine producer and brought many bottles home! Not easy to get here though and when you do it can be expensive. :):)

• Like Like x 1
  7. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Had some of this over Christmas with my step son.
    Brewed by Robinsons in Stockport (one of my favourite breweries).

img_0948.jpg After a few we tweeted Robinsons to demand that they consider more Iron Maiden brands:
    "Bring your daughter to the Porter"
    "Run for the Pills"
    "The number of the yeast"
    No reply as yet! :):)

• Like Like x 3
  8. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Shows how much I know about grape juice/vinegar :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

My brother in law is a wine expert, can tell you all about the nose, the terroir (pronounced ter-waar), which wine to have with which dish, the best years for your sabernet cavigne etc, etc........

He couldn't change the wheel on his car when he got a puncture !!!! My sister in law had to do it for him !!!!:eek::D:D:D

I know which type of person I would rather be. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. desertspeedy

desertspeedy Senior Member

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    HA HA good one Winglad, actually the reference to refueling meant drinking the pint while taking a wee, the urinal makes a fantastic bar table, lol and defueling is taking the wee. Saving time and multitasking so more time was spent riding.
    CHEERS
    PS The only pee my Harley would run on was the byproduct of drinking Newcastle Brown. That stuff is my favorite aviation gas :).

• Like Like x 2
  11. desertspeedy

desertspeedy Senior Member

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Ginger beer mixed with Gosling's Dark Rum = a Dark and Stormy, toss in a slice of lime and you have a winner!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Tonight I shall mainly be drinking Abrachan to celebrate #1 Son's birthday - Abrachan is a really really nice triple-oak-matured Scotch malt from the famous Clydesdale whisky house of McLidl. Such a pity #1 son is way down in Blackheath and not here to enjoy it with me. Still, looking on the bright side, all the more for me then.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Yup, cheap as chips. It's blended, like JW Black Label or Chivas Regal, and only half the price of the Chivas. The JW is probably a smoother, more complex, tipple, but at £17.99 the Abrachan is great value imo. Def needs a second opinion though, so looking forward to your feedback DD.

• Like Like x 1
  14. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Feeling a wee bit thirsty
    IMG_2348.JPG

15. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    my missus who works in advertising did a job for lidl which included their whisky range, needless to say any opened bottles couldnt be returned so we accumulated a few. My memories are that they were slightly of the less smooth variety
    with vague hints of bracken, a distant memory of anything classy and the nose was tickled by mouldy haggis. All in all put it with coke or any other mixer and it'll get you as pissed as a £100 malt would!

• Like Like x 1
  16. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I remember years ago on a whisky tour in Speyside.

An American asked the Head brewer fella, "should you add water to a single malt or not?"
    His reply was great " if you think it tastes better - yes, if you think it tastes worse - no. What you like and how you drink it is up to you. Just drink whisky and enjoy it. "

• Like Like x 4
  17. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    #57 Rich Bryce, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    ...and preferably spring water from the same region so as to maintain the 'integrity' of the distillers art, and definitely not fluorided tap water which just kills the essence of good single malts.

#1 Son caters from time to time for the Whisky Society (or some such) in one of the London Guildhalls and gets to slug a few samples himself. One of the very best he reckons was a limited edition Japanese single malt that retails for well over two grand a bottle. That was a small slug.

Then again he's happy enough with a bottle of Lidl single malt. Like father, like son.

• Like Like x 1
  18. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    It's all a personal taste thing! I will drink and enjoy certain blended whiskies as well. If you like it drink it, and if it's cheap that's a result coz you can get loads more for your money!
    And if we took what people said about products to heart we'd all be riding bmws

• Like Like x 1
  19. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    That is what I like about them. They do nothing halfhearted.

You guys know the movie 'Angel's Share?'

20. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Here you go! It is a great movie!

• Like Like x 3