Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Martine

Martine Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2020
    Athens Georgia
    CMA Ride for the Son 4 May 2024  Woodville GA.jpg

This past Saturday I rode with a local chapter of the Christian Motorcycle Association on their annual, nationwide "Ride for the Son." We left Athens and toured through the beautiful farmland of the Piedmont. As we wound our way to a lunch stop at a total dive roadside BBQ place in Woodville, GA, we stopped in little towns along the way a couple times to pray together for all good things.

Woodville is home to about 300 people and a tiny BBQ restaurant that's open only three days a week. Wish I had taken a pic of the BBQ place but it didn't occur to me because I'm out of practice of posting; just picture a rambling, roadside shack that looks like a strong wind would scatter it and add the alluring aroma of smoked pork.

[​IMG]
    In the South BBQ is synonymous with pork; whereas in Texas BBQ means beef. And in the South mac-n-cheese is a vegetable. They brought out big cups of ice and put pitchers of sweet tea on our table. After lunch of a luscious pulled pork sandwich and tender, stewed collard greens for me, we headed back toward Athens with various riders dropping off along the way toward their homes.

I'd gotten a few spatters of rain on the way to our meetup point in the morning, so when I arrived most folks already had on raingear. I resisted putting on my rain jacket but unhesitatingly put the raincovers on my saddlebags (priorities, you know). I finally acquiesced and pulled on my rain jacket just before we headed out, but I eagerly stripped it off at the first stop. Turned out to be fine call since we made the whole ride with no more rain (we must have gotten out of Athens just in time because a group behind us got drenched). Coming home was a little dodgy though because a couple miles from my home at the end of a great day, the sky looked like it was ready to let loose. I made it home and got the bike in the garage in time before the downpour. I think the holdoff of the rain gave each of my riding partners time to get home as well. A great day with great people.:)

• Like Like x 13
  2. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    This Saturday taking my bike for MOT. Weather looks promising, so a blast to Buckinghamshire through the B Roads. Also excited to properly test the bike with BSD ECU flashing ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. TRIPLE X

TRIPLE X Senior Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Downham Market, Norfolk
    Nice warm sunny day for a rideout around Norfolk and Suffolk. Post rideout drink required. 20240506_164755.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  4. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 Noble Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
    IMG_2625.jpeg
    had a little breakfast run over to Arnside yesterday. Just nice to go out and come home dry.

• Like Like x 6
  5. PhannieNL

PhannieNL Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2023
    Netherlands
    Didnt put a letter in the mailbox a few days ago for mothersday. So i deliverd it myself. 6457788D-4DBB-4BAB-9AA3-2BAA87CD81A9.JPG

• Like Like x 10
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Wow I like the colour, very nice :blush:

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Had a lovely evening run over the Snake Pass, then up to Holme Moss and back over Strines. The warmer weather certainly wakes up the flies, had to brush my teeth when I got back!:laughing:
    Regarding the riding modes I've been experimenting with, I've found the ABS is quite intrusive and will activate with "spirited" riding on dry roads if the surface is anything other than perfect, which can be a bit unnerving TBH. ABS isn't adjustable other than being disabled at the rear and reduced at the front in OFF ROAD mode which lights up a warning on the dash.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Yes my 765 is the same, abs on or off and no option of level selectable.
    My mate just got a 2017 765 and he already has a 60 plate Ducati. He tried telling me he was going to tone it down a bit and was somewhat surprised when I told him that wasn't possible.
    Eh, but, my significantly older Ducati has four levels or something :rolleyes:

9. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    I used rain mode around the city, on the Speedmaster, as it was less snatchy.:party:

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Dartplayer

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    #19950 Dartplayer, May 12, 2024
    Last edited: May 13, 2024
    Beautiful clear days and sunrise and sunsets, at the moment as winter sets in and we have solar storms/lights.
    Day started at 4’c/39’f and climbed to 17’c/63’f, so perfect with blue skies :party::sun:

Aurora (Solar light)s over our local Puketutu Island:eek:
    IMG_5436.jpeg

Trip up to Leigh Sawmill cafe, for Mother’s Day ride through the twisties :p
    IMG_5423.jpeg

We arrived early, so enjoyed the warmth before being asked in before noon opening
    IMG_5435.jpeg

IMG_5432.jpeg

IMG_5425.jpeg

quick refreshment
    IMG_5426.jpeg
    meals were great in the grotto
    IMG_5440.jpeg

IMG_5438.jpeg

Afternoon clouds forming
    IMG_5427.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Looks like a great trip @Dartplayer and I love the picture of your sunrise, absolutely stunning.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    #19952 Eldon, May 13, 2024
    Yesterday, I took the wife out for a ride to Seaways on the street twin.
    One of my mates wanted a blast so we arranged to meet there around 14.00

Sunny weather certainly brought the bikers out

20240512_150640.jpg

Things didn't quite go to plan as my mates 765 lost a gear linkage bolt so ended up stuck in fourth o_O
    A friendly farmer came to his aid with an M6 bolt to get him on his way by which time he was over an hour late: unamused:
    I started getting a little concerned and planned to ring once the hour late had passed but he bet me to it, how did we ever manage before mobile phones?:neutral:

And here's a new beastie I bought at the car boot sale, before the ride, for the grandkids:heart:
    20240512_121559.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  13. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Packed the Street Triple up to send it off, ready for 4 days at Almeria next week :D
    Trying out race shift this time and also put a woolich box on it which, apparently, removes the speed limiter.
    It is in there somewhere...

1000014564.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  14. Dod

Dod New Member

Dec 30, 2023
    Scotland
    #19954 Dod, May 13, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Dartplayer

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Cheers @Wessa, I’ve never seen Aurora lights this far north before. Must be the perfectly clear days over the last week. Some guys posting night fishing pix showing the lit sky :party::scream::heart_eyes:

IMG_5447.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  16. TRIPLE X

TRIPLE X Senior Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Downham Market, Norfolk
    Nasty rainy day so best place to be was in the garage. Finally got round to replacing a warped front brake disc on my Speed Triple 1050 RS and fitted a complete set of new pads. I was expecting the disc bolts to be hard to remove as Triumph usually use red threadlock on their encapsulated fasteners, but was surprised that blue had been used so they came undone with little effort and no heat required.

• Like Like x 5
  17. TRIPLE X

TRIPLE X Senior Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Downham Market, Norfolk
    Just gave it a damn good clean

20240517_154445.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    That is looking fabulous :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 Noble Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
    IMG_2640.jpeg IMG_2639.jpeg IMG_2643.jpeg IMG_2642.jpeg IMG_2641.jpeg IMG_2644.jpeg
    lovely run out for breakfast.
    Over Fleet Moss towards Hawes, then towards Garsdale and over the coal road to Dent Station. Through Dent and over Barbondale for breakfast at Casterton golf club. Returning home via Bentham, Lythe felll road to Slaidburn, Gisburn, Elslack, Crosshills and back home.

• Like Like x 11
  20. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    • Like Like x 8