Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    My only concern with that idea is a possible conflict with the visibility of the indicators.
    Can you still see the orange/amber light of the indicators in contrast with the close proximity of the bright white lights?

Could be a bit like looking into a low sun and not seeing other detail near it.

2. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    You can still see the indicators unless you're looking directly into the main beams but as they're wired to dip with the headlight it's not really an issue cos you're not going to have main beam on with oncoming traffic or anyone in front of you.
    Unlike the SS, the 1200 Scrambler has a separate DRL in addition to a low and high beam headlight. With the DRL lit the headlight is off and the main beam switch works as a "flash" switch. Turning on the headlight low beam dims the DRL significantly and the main beam switch then switches main beam on permanently. An unusual setup I've not come across before.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Boothman

Boothman Senior Member

Jul 26, 2023
    Wigan
    Pulled the Tiger out and did a check over the levels etc - topped the tyre pressures up, but everything else was all good. Still SORN but fingers crossed the weather will pick up soon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tony Rokins

Tony Rokins Active Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Reading, U.K.
    Not today exactly, but the wife offered pay for a custom paint job for a combined Christmas and birthday pressie. I've also added some SC project carbon fibre end cans.....

20240209_172800[1].jpg

• Like Like x 16
  5. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    Gorgeous colour!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    I went out three times on the Street Triple last week on my rest days from work; got cold, got wet, bike got filthy etc etc etc, got it cleaned again. Still had excellent fun. Literally rinse and repeat :laughing:. I only took photos last Friday, when I called in at the Baffle Haus for a lovely coffee. I am praying for a warm, dry rest of the year!! PXL_20240308_120726673.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  7. Samz

Samz Elite Member
    Subscriber

Aug 7, 2016
    York uk
    Fitted a JTech tail tidy to my recently acquired Speed Twin 1200.
    Good points: comes with a number plate light, no need to use the original one. Does what it says on the tin, tidies up the back end a lot! Cheaper than others available.
    Bad points: although the over all quality is good the central bolt hole didn’t align and had to be enlarged for the bolt to fit through.
    Over all pleased with it.

87A35F79-CE6A-43A1-8945-EC1C7AAA8F83.png

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. -Error-

-Error- New Member

Oct 25, 2023
    South Wales
    How good is this place? I'm so glad to live 10mins away from it! One of the best bike cafes in the country, and there's a second venue incoming!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    Agreed, been going for a few years now. Always welcoming and friendly and always some interesting stuff to look at :). I'm only about 30 miles from it so it's a nice little ride there and back or a stop on a longer route.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    • Like Like x 8
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    That looks like a lovely view. I will have to check that out one day as it is only 37 miles south down the A49 from me. :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    It would be gorgeous sat out there in the summer heat with a nice cool drink.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    That looks like a lovely view. I will have to check that out one day as it is only 37 miles south down the A49 from me. :)
    That sounds positively wonderful, maybe the next time you guys are up this way we could meet for that cool drink. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    Yes; we're only about 55 miles away from there - not far!! :)

15. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Ok, sounds like a plan when the weather improves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Visor79

Visor79 New Member

Feb 1, 2024
    England
    I took my new Speed 400 out for its first proper run. 104 miles in the Yorkshire dales. Ran like a dream and shows 84 mpg average fuel consumption, while gently running in.

• Like Like x 7
  17. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    Took the tiger out and did the lakes loop Seascale -greenodd-bowness-grasmere - keswick and back home. nice 110 mile run and thankfully at this time of year traffic wasnt too bad.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Your photos gave me a flash from the past,
    thanks for the memory reminder.
    I went there some 30 years ago for a family meal get together when my first in-laws, and wife, were alive.
    Cound straight and the A49 were a bit of a racetrack in those days and I never saw a speed camera despite spirited riding/driving.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    What a beautiful spot, @Mrs Visor! Glad you got a dry day to ride...finally.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    #19860 Pegscraper, Mar 27, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
    Miles clocking up now on the new bike and first service booked.
    Much as I liked the Street Scrambler, (I've had 2 and loved them) I often thought a 1200 version would be my ideal bike, enter the 1200X which feels just like a big piston SS:grinning:. The X is more road focused than the off road specced XE which has much longer travel suspension which isn't what I wanted.

Likes so far are:
    The engine, obviously.
    The suspension has more travel than the SS and with the 21" front wheel is a much better ride on bad roads, which is most of them round 'ere!:mad: Slightly slower steering but no big deal.
    Very similar looks and riding position to the SS, good!
    Did I mention the engine?

Dislikes:
    Not a big fan of the instrument binnacle, it just looks a bit out of place on a retro classic IMO but on the plus side it does have much more functionality with lots of info available via the easy to use nav buttons.
    The traditional one piece seat is a much better design than the daft two piece item on the SS.
    Can't think of any more.

IMG_2661.jpeg

• Like Like x 10