Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Self fulfilling prophesy I suppose, reduce branch numbers, open hours and poorly staff them so they become inconvenient and people will use online banking.....
    "Oh, we closed the branches because no one was using them" :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  2. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    I don't trust the security of a phone, either due to bugs or loss/theft. So I don't do anything like banking or email on it, or install apps in general. (Just some handy open source apps for music and images, and TuneECU)

3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Use a good anti virus software package and VPN software and you should not have any security worries using your mobile for banking and online shopping etc.

• Useful Useful x 2
  4. Tommi Saarento

Tommi Saarento Active Member

Aug 15, 2020
    Gothenburg Sweden
    Worked a couple of hours with the TEC cam. Had to improvise a bit with the crank locating pin.
    Tolk.jpg
    Tolk1.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    I don't think you are alone on the opinion expressed above ;)

It's ok others mentioning McAfee, Kapersky or VPNs etc but for individuals already confused and out of their depth this just adds another layer...... :(

Even the help pages assume the reader has a degree in IT

6. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
  7. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    #18747 Markus, Nov 11, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
    Today was an intense Bonnie day. In the morning at 6 degrees to the office and then in the early afternoon over the highway and my favorite mountain route, the "Alpl", to the dealer of my confidence (www.gesslbauer.at) in Birkfeld/Styria. The way there was indeed very cool, because it had a maximum of 3 degrees at the "Alpl" at 1,000 m above sea level. At my dealer then a main stand was mounted on my Bonnie. From now on, chain cleaning is much easier. The cost of this was €290.-. The assembly was free of charge for me. In total I was 320 km on tour today.
    Below are a few photos.

IMG_20221111_145007_738_copy_3699x2777.jpg

IMG_20221111_145029_561_copy_2777x3699.jpg

IMG_20221111_145014_879_copy_2777x3699.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  8. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    Nooo! ;) Buggy and backdoor ridden stuff that'll leave you as vulnerable, snoop on you, and clog up and slow down your phone or computer. Whilst charging you for the privilege to boot!

Having had to suffer antivirus on Windows work PC's that halved the speed of compiling code and generally got in the way, I consider anti-virus a virus in itself as it spreads and eats up computer resources.

Fortunately, for last job I could put Linux on my PC and feel like I had control over what it did :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    Personally, I'm not out of my depth with such things, but it reminds me of the Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly. The antidote to installing unnecessary apps shouldn't be to install more, just don't swallow the first fly ;)

Personally, I'm a minimalist and try and remove/disable everything I can apart from the essentials that I actually want to use, less to go wrong.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    nice weather went for a ride

IMG_6868.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Not my experience at all and have the same products on my phone, tablet and laptop. In many years of use I’ve not had any issues.

12. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Had an issue with the Thruxton over the last week or so. Started last week, basically when I turned on the ignition the electronics came on (dials did their sweep) all good until I pressed the starter. Massive click and everything went dead. Tried a few times eventually the bike started. Anyway went to the bike yesterday and same problem, but the bike would not start. Took the seat off and did a little investigating. All seemed ok, except the nut on the live terminal on the battery was tight but did move a little under pressure. So tightened in up less than a quarter turn and hey presto bike fired up first time. Left it alone a few times and started every time I tried it started. Just goes to show how fickle these machines are lol.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I've had that - ever so slightly loose on the live terminal and the bike wouldn't start.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tommi Saarento

Aug 15, 2020
    Gothenburg Sweden
    So the bike started OK and runs now with TEC cam. Weather permitting a short test run tomorrow. Plan to run in it with the DNK tune i got for a stock bike, after that i have a dyno tuned SW to download. It was made for a decat CUP with TEC cam. I am not planning to decat but the small difference in back pressure should not do a major differance. After a couple of runs will take the cam cover of just to check everything is good in there. Idle is more "lumpy" than before, in a good way.
    Start.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    Thanks for posting this, I'm looking forward to hearing how it all goes. I'd be interested to know how it is with the stock tune because that's what I will most likely do, but any information is good information.

Enjoy:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    Maybe this thread should be what have you done with your Triumph recently, I say that only because my life rarely lets me post on the day that I get to do anything with my trusty Street Cup.

Anyway, on Thursday I checked the chain and tyre pressures and set off with mate Colin to take advantage of the grey but dry forecast and took our bikes up to Flash Bar stores.

Colin's had a rotten riding year this year. His Guzzi California decided to throw an electrical fault that confused various engineers just before the DGR. He only got the bike back towards the end of September!

Traffic was busier than we would have liked, and the forecast lied because the clouds leaked as we were riding up the Cat & Fiddle from Macclesfield, which slowed the pace a little but probably kept me within my rusty talents.

IMG_2963.jpg

When we got there we found some other gentlemen had had the same idea. Well why not?

IMG_2964.jpg

After a traditional English brunch and Hot Chocolate (always good up there), it was on to Leek, back up towards Macclesfield and cutting through some lanes to Gorstage, then back towards Congleton, pick up the new bypass (lovely tarmac and sweeping bends), then on to Holmes Chapel and back to home in the Northwich area.

It was a great ride and really cleared the mind from all the hassles of the last month or so, that's kept me too busy to ride.

I'm still glad I got my bike:)

• Like Like x 8
  17. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    Gave the Speed Twin a good 100 mile run today, along with a chain lube and general clean when I got back home. It’s going away for the winter and will probably be going up for sale next year. My ageing knees and lower back are playing up at the moment, why could Triumph have brought this bike out 10yrs ago? ATTACH=full]153866[/ATTACH]

F9FA8C3D-6489-4F7F-BF00-09F61CBEBDDA.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  18. Tommi Saarento

Aug 15, 2020
    Gothenburg Sweden
    Thanks. I will probably not try the stock tune, but lots of good reviews from people doing it.

19. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Wow, now that is super clean ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Just another run out into the sticks after giving the bike a good clean. What a great time of year and perfect conditions for riding we have at the moment. Dry roads, unseasonably mild weather, unbroken sunshine and a landscape swaithed in beautiful Autumnal colours. I got to feeling quite poetic on the way home!:joy:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1