Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @Dartplayer, just checking in to say that I hope your dad continues to get well and that he's out of the hospital. :heart:

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Thanks Sandi, stable but still in care

• Love You Love You x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Well not today or yesterday.
    But get ready for a good laugh... Although it was far from funny as it occurred.

On Saturday last the 25th. I rode to Kalgoorlie with my Cousin Alistair (Ali) we got as far as 6 or so km east of Southern Cross.. and number three cyl (RHS) spat out the spark plug :(:confused::mad:.

To say Ali was Peeved off :rolleyes: is understating the situation :p:D.
    Before the ride he asked questions of me about 'roadside assist' and did I have it. No was my answer.

We got the plug back in (loose but in) and rode back to Southern Cross.
    Where we spent an hour getting help from several fellow travellers !! An hour or so later we headed off to Kalgoorlie in the dark of night.
    Got there about nine pm. Had our weekend in town , no riding , plenty of walking :);).
    Headed home Monday... Planned a sto in Kellerberrin a good friend lives there , he was the head mechanic at JCS about 20 yr ago.

Well here comes the bit where a laugh is in order ...
    Got 500/800 metres from Derrick's (mech) and the Triumph Adventurer spat number 3 again, this time it vanished o_O:relieved:: unamused::eek:....
    So a new plug free of charge and a borrowed plug spanner :grinning::grinning::laughing:.

Ali has done another 1,000km he's in Geraldton WA now ;).

This experience explained why I have travelled for 40yrs all across Australia without 'roadside assist' I carry a few tools and So Does quite a few "fellow travellers" help is only an ASK AWAY !!
    To say Ali was was Impressed with the fellowship and assistance that was freely given :cool:;):heart: is saying a lot
    Ali has experienced Biker's mutually supporting each other in England He's never seen helping Hands like this before....

Cheers capt

• Like Like x 11
  4. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I'm guessing that the sheer size of Australia means you could be waiting several hours, possibly even days for "roadside assist", hence travellers preparing for DIY assistance where possible. Obviously there's the potential for breakdowns where recovery is the only options but a few tools and basic spares can certainly get you out of the sh*te!:)
    I carry a few tools, a spare plug, some cable ties, torch etc on the dirt bike as my roadside assistance policy is just that, road only and not some dirt track in the middle of open moorland!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    Commute again for me today, pretty wet roads this morning and the odd rain shower to keep me refreshed ;). There was a big diesel spill coming out of a filling station that continued for about 15 miles so I am guessing a HGV must have had more than just the usual over - full problem. Anyway, it’s the hilly, twisty section to my commute which I usually really enjoy. Today I just found it a bit anxiety - inducing with the road a rainbow and the constant smell of diesel :worried:. The steepest hills were the worst, especially where there were some temporary lights on a steep downhill section, think the slope and the time spent waiting had provided optimum conditions for tank emptying o_O.

Dry roads and a great ride back this afternoon though :).

• Like Like x 5
  6. robert moore

robert moore Nobby

Jul 4, 2021
    Malvern Hills
    Went for a mid afternoon jaunt from Malvern round Brecon and circled back….and got back in time to miss the rain. Next time I shall leave earlier in the day to enjoy the twisties and views and ride through the middle taking in the scenery.

5E2EE446-1AE7-4A95-8FB7-C94EBBC5621D.png

• Like Like x 7
  7. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I've been naughty in France last week, apparently.... received a €45 speeding ticket in the post today... :joy:

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Absolutely disgraceful, bringing shame on the forum and the whole Triumph name into disrepute like that.
    Admin, this member should be banned and sentenced to 3 years on a Harley forum immediately! :cool:

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    That seems a bit harsh mate... :laughing: Only 10 miles over the limit, m'lud....

• Funny Funny x 7
  10. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Apology accepted:grinning:. So what's the situation with your licence? Do you get any sort of endorsement?
    Us lot here in the UK don't get licence points for offences in the EU but we're expected to pay fines or appeal. I guess not doing either could get Interpol knocking on your door!:eek:

11. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2020
    UK
    I thought the sharing of our info went with brexit so it's not easy for eu countries to get our details and send speeding fines through the post anymore. I think there is still a way but it's nowhere near as automated as before. Here's an article I read about it https://www.driving.co.uk/news/roads/brits-will-escape-speeding-fines-eu-due-brexit/

12. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    Good news! After filling up at the Shell Garage (my prefered blend) in Davenham, I thought I’d take the longer ride home West on the A556 towards Chester to see if the Shell Garage at the crossroads with the A49 had reopened (it looked nearly finished last week): It has :)!

Bad news:(. It's about 3p/ltr more expensive than just down the A556 at Davenham, or just up the A49 at the Esso Garage in Weaverham. I guess they’ve got to fund the refurb somehow.

Anyway just thought I’d let those who ride this area know you can get fuel more easily again. Enjoy the ride.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yikes @Mrs Visor! It sounds like today's ride was quite a "growth experience". :eek: Glad you stayed safe.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    #18594 Vulpes, Sep 30, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
    We don't have licence points here, so no worries there.

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Bad luck mate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Tommi Saarento

Tommi Saarento Active Member

Aug 15, 2020
    Gothenburg Sweden
    Maybe last ride for the season but hope for some god late summer days in October!
    Ramberget1.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  17. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    One of those things, Steve - just take it on the chin. Can't blame anyone but me... ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    That's all you can do really and the best way to look at it. A friend of mine got a speeding ticket last year, caught by a camera he didn't even see and has only ridden his bike twice since as he's now paranoid about getting caught again and potentially losing his licence. If we thought too deeply about speed traps and all the hazards that go with motorcycle riding I reckon we'd never get on them! :)

• Agree Agree x 7
  19. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    @Helmut Visor and I both went to a local bike meet on out Triumphs (Helmut's is filthy because he went to Ride To The Wall yesterday!). To cut a long story short it used to be primarily a bike meet, turned into a car / bike meet where the bikes got pushed into a separate car park out of the way, the atmosphere went downhill and very few bikes came. For various reasons, the person who used to organise the "car" side has taken that elsewhere so this is back to being mainly bikes, with cars welcome - but car owners who dislike the "car scene". It was great - lovely atmosphere, music, a pizza oven man making mini pizzas, lots of interesting bikes and Zoe Cano https://www.zoecano.com/ there chatting to people and selling some of her books. I bought her latest book and a copy for my stepdaughter (Helmut's daughter) who has just passed her test; both signed.

There were some great bikes there - my favourites were the rather lovely blue and white Daytona (I have a real soft spot for them) and the Indian FTR which had been heavily styled / modified, it just looked fun (as did the Grom in Reposl colours, ridden by a 17 year old lad who had come with his Dad on his Tracer). Helmut was rather taken by the Aprilia Tuono Nero and the Indian too.

@Sandi T - photos :heart:.

PXL_20221002_125334488.jpg

IMG-20221002-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20221002-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20221002-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20221002-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20221002-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20221002-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20221002-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20221002-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20221002-WA0012.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  20. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    That "Gypsy" bike looks a proper oddball.
    Fuel tap at the front of the tank and a regulator on the cylinder head next to all the heat.... umm......does look well though.

• Agree Agree x 1