Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i always go out for a run with my mate on Fridays but only occasionally take photos as i feel guilty stopping! but managed to sneak a couple today. we did the brilliant Callander loop which has become a favourite of mine recently.
    Can you guess what was in the white box? (I'm not clever enough to remove it and replace it with the background scenery) I have Photoshop elements and if anyone can explain how to do it in baby language it would be appreciated!)
    20220527_150357.jpg

Stopped of at the Chattan tea room in Birnam (near Dunkeld) on our way home
    20220527_153817.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  2. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    A naked wild Haggis dancing a jig? An overflowing bin? Mad Steve the streaker? (And no, I am not clever enough to help you, sorry!!!).

• Funny Funny x 7
  3. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    No parking sign (not clever enough to help either)

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Yeah it was a wheelie bin, if I was on my own I would have moved it before taking the photo!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Has to be an obligatory wheelie bin? I'll remove it for you if you want

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    It's unusual for a wheelie bin to be in the middle of nowhere,normally they would have a permanent bin at a layby. I wouldn't bother removing it as its not a great pic anyway but it would be handy to know how you do it, Do you use Photo Shop?

7. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Yeah I have photoshop. I dont use it for minipulation, thats an art on its own. I use it more for general editing and blending multiple images with different focus points or exposures. I reckon I could do a half decent job of removing unwanted objects.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I used to use photoshop when I was editing the videos I made when riding my bike ( my son showed me the basics for that) I remember seeing a video a number of years ago on how to remove objects from photos and there was numerous steps you had to do and it looked really complicated.. I'll just make sure if I'm taking a photo I want to keep I'll look out for bins etc before snapping!

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    E7D2EEB2-35C9-403E-8F89-3428A1C98368.jpeg
    Beautiful ride to the beach!

• Like Like x 8
  10. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I'm glad the mystery was solved before I made my guess because my guess was that your mate was on the side of the road "watering" the grass, @Dougie D. :joy: I've been a runner and a cyclist too many years, I guess, and those have left me thinking that roadside modesty is somewhat a thing of the past. :rolleyes: That really would have been a terrific photo of your muscle-y Rocket 3 and your mate's gixr. It's still a good one. Perhaps you could add a caption to that looming white space? It does look a bit like a scroll. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @MattGaydon
    Wonderful photo, Matt! I love all those jet streams. :heart_eyes: Is there an air force base nearby or something?

• Like Like x 2
  12. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    I don’t think so although there are a fair few airports based around here and it’s not far from Gatwick and Heathrow.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Bolosun

Bolosun Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Crewe/Cheshire
    To remove the object there are a few ways of doing it. There are now apps for your phone that can do it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    This was a few days ago but I installed a sw motech centre stand to the speedy. @tcbandituk had one lurking and never fitted. Good man!
    Made a mistake with a couple of spacers which I only noticed at the end so pretty much had to start again but hey-ho!

20220524_140133.jpg

20220524_140142.jpg
    Edit: one of the nuts looks like it's wrong. It's not meant to actually have a nut on it as the plate is actually threaded but I loctited the nut on anyway.

• Like Like x 8
  15. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    No photos today, so I have posted my route instead, with "home" obliterated. I had intended to go on from Builth Wells to Abergavenny and back via Monmouth and Ross on Wye, but when I got to the roundabout just past Bronllys the road to Abergavenny was blocked by a Police car - looking online now it seems it had just been closed for an accident, so hopefully all involved are OK.

I set out at about 0800hrs with lovely quiet roads, the route from Canon Pyon all the Way to Crossgates is particularly stunning and I had a lovely ride, even missing the sheep all over the road, which is a bonus. I got cold, so stopped for a coffee in Builth Wells where there were lots of rat bikes and Harleys and people wearing cuts about; a bit of internet searching shows me that this https://nobullbeerandbikes.co.uk/index.html was on. I had then intended to go on to Abergavenny to have another coffee and maybe something to eat, but after turning around for the blocked road I went to the Honey cafe instead for another caffeine hit and a slice of toast and marmalade (I know....my rockstar lifestyle is out of control :p).

All in all, a very enjoyable 140 miles covered and home around lunchtime to jabber at @Helmut Visor about what a great morning I had and clean my bike :D.

Screenshot 2022-05-28 at 15.18.07.png

• Like Like x 6
    • Love You Love You x 1
  16. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    Aha, take that........I phoned the council and they took it away

20220527_150357.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
  17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    What are the apps called please, @Bolosun??

18. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Even just from the map it looks like a wonderful ride, @Mrs Visor! :) Glad you had a good day out. It's so amazing to me that at the end of May you got cold. I rode today and wasn't a bit chilly (or even cool) even once. It'll take riding up Mt. Lemmon's summit at 8,500 feet to feel that again for the next 5 or 6 months here.

I checked out the link to the No Bull Beer and Bikes event(s). Pretty cool! And also cool that you happened upon it while just out and about on a solo ride. My youngest brother and his wife and two sons were on vacation a few years ago in South Dakota (they live in Minnesota). They were driving to the Black Hills and the Badlands and "happened" upon, of all things, Sturgis! It was a surprise to them but they got a kick out of it nonetheless. I think it's awesome that, when riding, there seem to be surprises and serendipitous discoveries regularly. Thanks for sharing your day!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    It was only 46F when I set out and 62F when I finished (I think, I use C so just converted...) and Crossgates is slightly cooler as you climb to it. It is actually unseasonable cool at the moment for May. I crave the heat so am once again envious of you!!! That said I do really love the scenery I get to ride through and we wouldn't have that without or climate so I guess I can't have everything :laughing:. Some more heat would be lovely though, a nice hot summer!!

This was certainly no Sturgis, but interesting all the same!!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Chris Heath798

May 13, 2022
    Lincolnshire
    Getting on fairly nicely with this restore, took the sprag cover off to inspect it, feeling the worse but pleasantly surprised it works, no movement one way and moves the other, happy boy. Engine from being weather siezed after 3 weeks of of penetrant then light oil now turns quite freely, again happy boy IMG-20220512-WA0004.jpeg

• Like Like x 7