Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    I hope the ride goes well; it's always a shock to realise we are all, in the end, frail humans - even the larger than life ones. Condolences.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Congrats to Steve, his guitar will love the extra time :p
    I am working out when I can do the same, but family and work not ready for me to stop yet :worried:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Patchinko

Patchinko Senior Member

Feb 1, 2018
    S.W. Hants
    Hey Sandi, how ya doin?

Remember the pedant thing in the "this made me ĺaugh" thread a while back??

Well here goes....

I think you are confusing jealousy with envy.

Jealousy, The definition of jealous is disliking when someone wants something you have. An example of jealous is a husband who dislikes other men looking at his wife. Resentfully suspicious of a rival or a rival's influence.

Envy, envy is the desire to have a quality, possession, or other desirable thing belonging to (someone else).

Your welcome buddy:kissing_heart:, all the best to Mr T, I am quite envious of his situation, he's a lucky guy.

Love and best wishes Patchinko:p

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    Congratulations Mr Sandi, I’m not jealous:confused:, I’ve only got another 3 years to go:(.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, @Dartplayer. :kissing_heart: I'll relay your congrats to Steve. And you're right his guitar--guitars actually!--will definitely love the extra time they get. :) I hope that you can work out your retirement to be at least close to when you yourself would like it to be. These past couple of years in particular have really been a reminder that life goes by all too quickly and is short even if we live to a ripe old age.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks for getting me back on the correct vocabulary track, @Patchinko! And, yes, now I do remember that exchange on that thread. You are right; it is definitely envy that I'm feeling. I ran across a verse in the Bible yesterday (Proverbs 14:30) that says of envy, "A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones". I don't think I happened on that particular verse coincidentally. :joy: And I certainly don't want rotten bones--bones that have been broken are bad enough for me. ;) So I'll focus on simply being very happy for my beloved hubby as he enters his retirement years. :heart: Love and best wishes back at ya, Patchinko! :kissing_heart:

image.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    A very low Howden Reservoir this evening. Unusually, the place was completely deserted, just me and the bike. I just layed on the grass for a while listening to birdsong and felt quite in touch with nature! A moment to savour :).

205E15E3-D1F7-40BA-8411-6FF18A43F4D3.jpeg DD030DC0-2A9E-41F8-B01E-A9D0298E5FD2.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  8. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Glad you were able to get most of the damage fixed, @Dawsy. Bummer on the other parts but perhaps the bit of silver lining is that you won't be OCD about any little stone chip like some are (um, that would be me...) or scratch.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That's about the same for me, @RevPaul. I might possibly be able to squeak by with two more years but it would be squeaking. Time will tell. Thanks for the congrats for Mr. Sandi. I'll pass them along!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire

Hang in there Sandi, your time will come! Best wishes to Mr Sandi:). I retired in April 2020 and I only realised the other day, it's 2 years already! Where did that go!:joy:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #17891 Sandi T, May 25, 2022
    Last edited: May 27, 2022
    Thanks, Pegscraper. You're right...my time will come. Time goes by fast plus I am only working half time these days so I can't complain. And working in the public schools, as of today I'm on summer break and on vacation for two whole months! How are you enjoying retirement? I'm guessing that you love it since time is going by so quickly for you. :grinning:

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire

Well, it's, erm........BRILLIANT!!:joy: although the first 18 months, in and out of Covid lockdowns and restrictions were a bit of a PITA. 2 years on and my body clock still thinks I've got to go to work and wakes me up around 7am, so I just turn over for an extra hour ZZZZzzzzzzz lovely! Retirement also brought me my first Triumph (retirement present to self) so absolutely nothing to dislike about it!:grinning:

• Like Like x 6
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    :):):):) :heart::heart::heart::heart:

14. Aaron Brown

Aaron Brown apprentice mad reclusive genius

Mar 8, 2021
    Austin, TX, USA
    Today I cursed at just how bad the Bluetooth integration in the tiger 900 is. It’s so bad that I deleted the triumph app from my phone, unpaired the bike from everything, disabled Bluetooth in the bike, and turned off all the dash widgets related to it.

feh.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • WTF WTF x 1
  15. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That looks and sounds divine, Pegscraper. I feel the need to find a place like that around where I live. The only problem is there's no water and precious little grass. Perhaps a little spot on Mt. Lemmon tomorrow is in order.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @Aaron Brown
    Wow! Well, so much for technology, Aaron. But take heart, perhaps it's a sign that you need to do what @Pegscraper just mentioned in his recent post in this thread...."listen to birdsong, feel in touch with nature, savor". That said, I know how absolutely infuriating it is when supposed "technology" gets the better of us! :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Aaron Brown

Aaron Brown apprentice mad reclusive genius

Mar 8, 2021
    Austin, TX, USA
    meh. I’ll just go back to using maps from my phone on road, my gps off road, and voice commands to my phone via my Sena 50s. All of which work flawlessly :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    Looks like a hosepipe ban is the next headline in the papers…
    What a lovely place just “ to be”.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    Wow @Pegscraper that really is low for this time of year. Beautiful place to just "be". I love trail running so much because it gives me the chance to just immerse myself in nature and my surroundings.

• Like Like x 3
  20. surlyone2

surlyone2 Active Member

Mar 29, 2022
    New Zealand
    Noted the sign doesn't mention " No Street Scramblers " .. remember to pack the wire snips from now on ! Heh, heh, can still remember feeling quite in touch with nature a couple of times .. damned irrigation ditches hiding in long grass at the side of the road. Maybe it was that '59 Bonnie getting it's own back for being treated unkindly ? " Such is youth " (to slightly misquote Ned Kelly a little)

• Funny Funny x 4