Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I spoilt myself today. I had a hospital appointment this morning so took the tiger to avoid the nightmare of trying to park the car. When I got home I had some lunch and then went out on the Thruxton. What is there not to like about triumph bikes and being retired so you can enjoy them. :):)

• Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Steve T.

Steve T. Active Member

Dec 6, 2020
    Northern British Columbia
    Installed new EBC brake pads, front & rear, on my T120 Bonneville (2020) after 19k kms.
    What an incredible difference... it now stops! …and much more "feel"
    To say the least, the brakes were a little disappointing since new.
    I thought it was just the change from more "performance" type bikes that I've had.
    Just wondering how long the rotors/disks will last????
    If you haven't changed the pads yet - I recommend it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    "Out of stock" seems to be the way of the world these days, @brown mouse. Perhaps you'll get lucky and get it sooner rather than later.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Good for you, @Wessa! Two Triumph rides in one day! That makes for a good day, even with and in spite of a hospital appointment. :)

Speaking of retirement, today was officially Mr. Sandi's last day of his 42 year career as a school psychologist. I'm so happy for him! :heart: And already jealous. ;):joy:

• Like Like x 8
  5. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Hi there @brown mouse !
    I have one of those connections that you are welcome to have. Pm me your address and I'll pop them in the post for you.

20220525_080034.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Here's to a long and happy retirement, Steve! And soon be your turn @Sandi T *
    *Disclaimer. I no way saying you seem ready for retirement Sandi! :kissing_heart:

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    #17868 brown mouse, May 25, 2022
    Last edited: May 25, 2022
    Thanks very much for the kind offer :grinning: As I have new working grips I may hold out for getting new connector parts as I'd hoped to also use some highly flexible wire with them with the idea that would last longer. If getting parts look too tricky then I may well come back to you and take you up on your offer. Thanks again.

Edit: It also just occurred to me that I may want to use wire with a high temperature insulation. The original wire looks different to the average stuff, with two layers and doesn't feel like PVC.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    @Glenn2926: I love this sight. My wife an I will be there in a few weeks! On the 4th of June we start towards France with our TIGERs for a 10 day tour.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Today I did the last check up on our Bonnies. Tomorrow morning we start a long weekend tour to Italy to visit Venice.;)

• Like Like x 6
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Congratulation to Mr @Sandi T

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, @Dawsy! I'll pass your good wishes along to Steve. :) Thanks for that disclaimer, too. I do have to say that I'm closer to retirement sooner than I imagined I'd be when I was younger. :joy: Life goes by very fast. :heart:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I had an idea for a cheap, strong top box for the scrambler after coming across an old 30 cal ammo box, from my shooting days, in the loft. It wasn't quite big enough so I bought a 50 cal one on ebay and it works fine for me. Big enough to hold a full size padlock and chain, disclok plus petrol can and a few more small bits and pieces if need be. Easily detached from the carrier in a minute os so after opening it of course. Maybe not SOTA luggage but cheap, strong and very practical.

3EF8103B-A658-4945-8F70-860C08473CB7.jpeg 1F43E608-98CD-4416-861B-5097AFEE351E.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
    • Creative Creative x 2
  14. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire

Mont Ventoux will resonate with British cycling fans as one of the top riders of the time, Tom Simpson, from Harworth near Worksop, collapsed and died of exhaustion on the mountain during stage 13 of the 1967 Tour de France. As well as the memorial to him on the mountain itself there's also one in Harworth village. :worried:

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Don't I know it! :joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Picked up my Speedy from bike shop with new clutch lever and alternator cover after last week's mishap. Now snugly back in the garage:grinning:
    The Arrow badge on LH can, the can itself, pillion foot peg bracket and LH headlight lens !!all have slight scuffs but for the cost of replacement I will live with them

• Like Like x 7
  17. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    Must be great to have it back; hopefully it will be a mishap - free Speedy from now on :).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Fingers crossed @Mrs Visor , fingers crossed :grinning:

• Like Like x 5
  19. surlyone2

surlyone2 Active Member

Mar 29, 2022
    New Zealand
    Taped up the indicator that snapped when I dropped it, fuel up and ready for the ride Saturday for my mate who couldn't beat the rust this time. Funny how you don't actually believe that a BIG, tough bloke, that you've done so much with for so many years can fade away like an average person ? R.I.P Tonz.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  20. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Looks good too :p

• Agree Agree x 1