Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Aaron Brown

Aaron Brown apprentice mad reclusive genius

Mar 8, 2021
    Austin, TX, USA
    Rode my new tiger 900 rally pro home :)

I think I might very well like how she rides better even than I liked the 1200.
    Arrived home just in time to miss the hail-bearing thunderstorm, which is always a bonus.

D14A5BAA-09B7-4251-BEAD-FED9688CD188.jpeg

FD237ABB-534E-4C29-A554-BEE8D2F5E7CF.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  2. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    :grinning: Totally under stand @Sandi T
    One cool outcome of the night was the guy that brought me and Speedy home, and refused to take anything for doing so (hero). He is a mate of the other guy that was with me and has his own business restoring bikes mainly Vellocette classics. Makes most of the parts himself and regularly rides them all over Europe. They look stunning
    https://www.velocetteclassics.com/

• Like Like x 7
  3. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    That's not filthy, filthy is when you got riding in the Peak District in January. ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Out and about in sunny Buckinghamshire!

SAM_0159.JPG

SAM_0161.JPG

SAM_0166.JPG

• Like Like x 13
  5. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    • Agree Agree x 6
  6. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    @TonyG I love the colour of your bike.

@TheBeardedPunk must be nice to be helping your little brother into biking - hope you have lots of fun together!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    A trip to Wales for @Helmut Visor and I today - he rode his Nightstorm. First stop was Bronllys where we had two coffees at the Honey Cafe to wait out the rain that hadn't been forecast (but it IS Wales so.....). We were planning on going to Crossgates but the weather looked stinking on the high ground so we went through Abergavenny and onto Baffle Haus at Pontypool instead. It was PACKED with bikes being directed to spots to park. There were lots and lots of two strokes there that I think must have been on an organised meet and which sounded amazing when they were all kicked into life together and went shooting off down the road and then lots of people who had been on DGR. @Helmut Visor got to park in the main part, where there were lots of Triumphs and classic bikes; the Striple got directed to the front part near the road where cars park. I cannot believe the best bike in the world didn't make the cut to the main bit ;). Helmut got a few photos (after the two strokes had departed).

All in all it was a great ride, I am still working at improving each time I ride as you'd expect from someone new to it but I think I am doing OK. I am certainly enjoying it.

IMG-20220522-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20220522-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20220522-WA0002.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  8. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Nice clear photos. The smoke must have cleared nicely after the two strokes :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 7
  9. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    It was hazy for a while :laughing:.

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Thanks Dawsy and Mrs Visor, it's a very striking colour and actually doesn't photograph very well.

• Like Like x 2
  11. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    Yup, did that in January riding up to the Flash Bar with my brother, took ages to get all the salt and crud off that time as well.

12. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    #17833 RevPaul, May 22, 2022
    Last edited: May 24, 2022
    Done my first DGR. Started at Tatton Park ended at Jodrell Bank and it was great; wife and daughter came to spectate and take pics, then out for Dinner at the Bear’s Head in Brereton also great.

Full report with Pics to follow: I know it didn't happen without pics as proof, but just now my aged frame needs a coffee and rest.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Thanks, not standard, it was a Jack Lilley dealer special and they said it is a McClaren car colour. It's a bit deeper and darker than it comes out in the photos.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #17835 Sandi T, May 22, 2022
    Last edited: May 22, 2022
    What a good guy he seems to be, @Dawsy. And isn't it amazing that there's nearly always some sort of silver lining to all the negative stuff that happens in life. Or even just when out plans don't go as, well, as we'd planned! Thanks for sharing the Velocette Classics web site. Very cool!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @Aaron Brown
    Congrats and welcome home to your new bike, Aaron! It's looking good...and you on it, too. Please give us an update or two on how you like it when you get a few miles on it. Have fun!

17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Glad DGR was such a success, @RevPaul, and how cool that your wife and daughter came out to support you. :) Looking forward to that full report complete with photos.

19. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Looks like a super fun day out, @Mrs Visor! It always fun to come upon a biker event as there's so much to see and such a great buzz in the air. :grinning: I laughed out loud at your comment about the best bike in the world not making it to the cut to the main parking area. :joy::joy::joy:

I suspect you are doing way more than "OK" with your riding from your ride reports and the courses/trainings you're doing. :) I've found that I still--and will forevermore--work at improving each time I ride. It's one of the things I enjoy about riding motorcycles--we can always improve and hone our skills no matter how many miles under our belts.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  20. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Picking up your new bike, the most fun you can have with your clothes on!:grinning:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2