Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bolosun

Bolosun Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Crewe/Cheshire
    The example I use is; they said when you are turning into a junction on your left, shoulder check over right shoulder, shoulder check over left shoulder, move to the left about 1 ft from the curb and then turn left. I said what about the house that is built right next to the road, no pavement and the road on the left is very narrow, so you could have cars parked on your side in the road you are tuning down. The first time you would see them, would be when you had made the turn and hit them. This is real and was on the way to their Sunday morning meet up. They couldn't answer me and said that was the system.
    Like I said this was about 15 years ago and not indicative of all IAM groups and how they train people. I spoke to other people who had attended IAM in other parts of the country and they had different experiences.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    A long time ago, we're talking about 30yrs ago now (may be I was too young :laughing:), I'm sure some of it could be said to be my fault. I remember fixating on "hazards" they would "teach" which I knew was leading me to miss others, I found clearing my mind of instructed "stuff" allowed me to be free thinking and far more observant. Other areas of disagreement would involve occasionally breaking the law, I ride at a speed I consider safe - sometimes below the legal limit - sometimes above. Likewise I overtake when I judge it safe to do so, which might occasionally be over a solid white, other times "making progress" might be unnecessary/pointless.
    I suppose bottom line is I don't like "rules", I hope I'm free thinking and remain self critical, I'm still able to learn which has so far kept me safe in the last 200k mls of riding.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    Thank you for the feedback, all very useful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. surlyone2

surlyone2 Active Member

Mar 29, 2022
    New Zealand
    Came home in about 20 or so miles of rain, (gentle rain, not that shit that hurts) clocking 130k end to end once on motorway, (late at night, with little traffic ..aah) give it a quick wipe over, and pristine again ... haha, at least got rid of the swastika's and oddscenities that mates ? think they're funny drawing in the mud, the blood, and the booze ! Looks that good that it may even get a proper clean .. soonish ! Blisssssss ...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    Raised the rear wheel of the Speed Twin up to remove some trapped air in the cooling system this morning after a coolant flush and change yesterday and topped it up before going out for a 50mile ride including heavy city traffic, cooling fan didn’t come on once.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    Commute for me today so a nice couple of hours spent on the Striple - on the later shift so warmer on the way there, which is nice, and the slightly later traffic isn't quite as "survival of the fittest" on the main road that makes up the majority of the journey as the 6am crowd I normally join so there's room for a little more relaxation and enjoyment.

I stopped just short of home for a photo on the way back, just because I could I suppose :p.

PXL_20220509_180146191.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    That good to know:)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    My new handlebar supports point horizontally which meant my satnav mounting solution couldn't angle the screen properly, so I bought a ball mount clamp and fitted it today. As a bonus, this lets me have the satnav exactly in the centre of the bars and it doesn't protrude as much, fitting within the side and front profile of the bars :)

2.jpg

Weather was too nice not to try it out on a ride :grinning:

1.jpg

I had also refreshed my helmet for the spring by washing the padding and removing the pinlock insert for a clear view of the countryside. :confused:

3.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  9. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Not one to brag but if the cap fits, first bike night out and Su gets bike of the night at the Churchill Arms :)

280618294_168403578950746_7150924522015714839_n.jpg

• Like Like x 20
  10. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    One huge talent, one small cap.

(That is to say, for somebody with so much talent, you don't acually do any 'bragging' so don't need a big cap!) :)

Bet Sue was well chuffed.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    Yep, the cap fits on that one :D well done Su.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    Thought you might appreciate the heads up.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    Congratulations, well deserved.:)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That photo of your bike in the meadow should DEFINITELY be made into a poster, @brown mouse. Beautiful!! :heart_eyes:

But the wash job on your helmet face shield didn't last very long....... :p:(

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  15. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That's fantastic, @darkman and Su! :grinning: But I have to say, I'm not particularly surprised as it's a gorgeous bike. And so fun to see the bike night award having watched the build on the forum. :heart_eyes::)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    @brown mouse: The photo with your bike is wonderful!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Fun in the sun!:D

20220509_121502.jpg

20220509_121528.jpg

• Like Like x 10
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Congratulations both:grinning:
    As others have said it's totally deserved as the bike is drop dead gorgeous

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    It's getting expensive as I get quicker.
    A brand new SuperCorsa lasted 2 1/2 days!
    Last time, they lasted 500 road miles and all 3 days...
    Still having fun though :D

20220511_131510.jpg

• Like Like x 12
    • Useful Useful x 1