Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Yeah, I have taken in some great routes and sights by just hanging a left or right when I felt like it, the English country side is fantastic when your not in a car!

2. Tom8336

Tom8336 Member

Mar 23, 2015
    London
    Popped down to Madeira Drive for a brew. Then set my brand new Tomtom to winding road mode for the trip back to South London, and was taken through some of the best scenery and most picturesque villages in Sussex! Very clever setting and I'll use it again.

3. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    #1683 crispey, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
    Nice pics creaky but your gonna have to get rid of that cruisey rear cluster tho (IMO)
    ace6.jpg plate.jpg

ace6.jpg

plate.jpg

4. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Cheers BB, I was just browsing the dvla site on one of my many unproductive days and found it, so, rather rashly I bought it also I'm glad you pointed them out as I didn't realise I had posted the full file size, so I've edited the pics to smaller size

5. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Cheers BB, I was just browsing the dvla site on one of my many unproductive days and found it, so, rather rashly I bought it! also I'm glad you pointed them out as I didn't realise I had posted the full file size, so I've edited the pics to smaller size

6. flapinflares

flapinflares Active Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Leiestershire
    Over 2 years since I started this thread.... Triumphless at the mo, but wont be to long. Iv owned a Thruxton, an America a Legend and a Thunderbird sport. Loved them all in there own way. The garage is not empty I have a 2012 Royal Enfield clubman café racer. bolted some extra bling on it and got a 1967 F plate for it ... I think a standard bonnie or tt100 could be next on the cards.. Hope you are all well and enjoying your biking... $_12.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I know they don't have a huge amount of go, but boy oh boy do they look great. Real period look to it - LOVELY;

How does she ride?

8. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I was looking at one of those or thruxton, I went with thruxton but I do like the look of the Enfield.

• Like Like x 1
  9. flapinflares

flapinflares Active Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Leiestershire
    They ride ok, top whack 80mph! they get there fairly quick. uncomfortable above 55mph for long periods. they are very sure footed and feel safe to ride. You don't want one instead of a Triumph but they are a good "As well as a Triumph" . The headlamp cowl is one of the things clubman owners change, a lot junk them and buy a chrome headlight and clocks from Hitchcocks. I have put a headlamp peak. alloy side panels on and changed the rear light to a lucas. just had its first mot and service. So yes recommended but I need a longer distance bike, but would like to be able to afford to keep this in the corner of the garage.

10. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Coo ... my old 5TA Speed Twin had a headlamp cowl and a peak!!

But not for long though!!!:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Clarkey

Clarkey Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Went for a cracking ride a managed 175 miles

12. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Took the Trident out on a job this morning - the sun even came out!

SAM_0207.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Looks beautiful Steve.

14. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Thanks Dave - I think the sunshine helps!

15. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Sunshine helps us all mate :):)

• Like Like x 1
  16. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Senior Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    Daytona 900 passed its MOT this mornin.....then i realised she1s only done 700miles since the 2012 mot!!!! Got it home stripped the bodywork off & balanced the carbs...now she really feels nice! Polished the panels inside & out & chucked it back together...Bored with that so checked over the pile of bits that is my Daytona 1000. Hmmm... so set to it till 8pm this evening. 50% of bodywork is back on so hope to have her done by lunch tomorrow.....then the Honda needs some love...& fresh petrol!

A cracking man cave day! Mind it might cost me breakfast for Er indoors to be happy!!??

• Like Like x 1
  17. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Sold my Sprint Sport today so just down to the Daytona at the moment. I have put the money in the bank for the moment and will just wait until the right bike turns up.

• Like Like x 1
  18. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    and I am sure it will pretty soon Steve.lol

took my old girl, the bike not the mrs, for a nice sunday morning easy ride out after brekkie,got back just in time for the motoGP . Go Doctor

19. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Met up with thebiglad at Loomies - pleasure to meet you Dave - then on to the Bishop Waltham bike show. Great selection of bikes at both locations - favourite being this Rickman Metisse.

IMG_20150517_110911974.jpg

SAM_0253.JPG SAM_0261.JPG

Dave even brought French cheeses, meat and red wine!

SAM_0260.JPG

Off he goes on his way to Yeovil - enjoy your trip Dave and ride safe.

• Like Like x 1