Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Bike now off SORN and taxed from 1st May. :) Watch it snow!!:(:(

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Cheers mate!!

3. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    You're welcome!! :D:D:eek::oops:

4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Back wheel going in for new tyre this morning.

Trip preparation continues....................................

Dave

5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Work related trip to Oxford this morning. A34 full of lorries and road works but a more pleasant run back through Wallingford and Pangbourne with very little traffic.

6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Trip into Winchester - usual parking spot by the Law Courts (no I wasn't required to attend).
    Parked next to this fine Daytona - anyone on here? IMG_20150501_131125656_HDR.jpg

7. cav

cav Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Germany
    Public holiday today went for a 200 km run three Triumph Tigers
    two BMW GS and me and my Speedmaster. Wasn't really on the limit on
    the bendy roads. Still a good time was had by all.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    My Nitron shock arrived on Thursday, exactly 14 days after I placed the order.
    Now, to fit it this weekend, just need to work out the best way to get the weight of the swingarm...

On the drive into London this morning, a Volvo driver didn't like me filtering and decided to sit across the central line for both lanes! Just wish I had the Screaming Banshee horn fitted, but due to some logistical issue with the UK distributor, they appear to be having issues. Their head office in Florida has offered to ship me one from there, but depends on the shipping cost.

I will try to get pictures uploaded of my effort to install the Nitron shock this weekend :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Lovely new tyre on the back wheel - now I've got some tread !!Unfortunately for me, the last days have been rain, rain, rain.:(:confused::eek::cool::oops::rolleyes:o_O

10. cav

cav Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Germany
    Went and filled up after yesterdays little jaunt,did a little fifty km round trip on my own.
    what a difference. Yesterday scraping footpegs bum twitching like a rabbits nose trying
    to keep up and today nice and casual must be getting old.

11. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Fitted the Nitron R3 this morning...well, I say morning it took me from 10am to 2pm!
    Paddock lifted the rear wheel, another paddock for the front. Used an axle stand under the forward joint in front of the rear shock and removed the rear paddock, not the best solution as there was no real support and it was a bit of a balancing act!
    The old shock came out without a problem apart from the remote reservoir, that took a bit longer. Cleaned all the bearings and fed the new Nitron into place, like a glove :) routed the pipe for he remote reservoir differently but used the original fittings. Also, wrapped it in an R&G shock sock.

Took it for a 20mile test run and it is a totally different bike, I didn't realise just how much sag I had with the original shock, I feel like I am sitting 2 inches higher. The handling is so much more definite, and so much more controlled.

(Thanks Clarkey for the tip on detaching the reservoir)

• Like Like x 2
  12. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Please do!

13. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi HT, if you need any help posting pics, just let me know and I'll walk you though it.

Dave

14. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Well done matey. The bike looks really 'clean' at the back end so I'd like to do the same - can you provide more details please?

Dave

15. Which track Jim?
    Haven't started looking for this year's first yet - see how I feel but after maybe 1 more I might consider promoting myself from Novice to Intermediate :eek:
    I've done 4 at Oulton now but that's over 2 years and 2 were rained off...

16. Sun came out so kitted up and wheeled the Bonny out for a trip to a mates in Oswestry and back (30mls from Chester).
    Then took all the kit off again cos I couldn't find my gloves ANYWHERE! I even looked in the fridge (I know but I was desperate)
    My daughter found them in the end - the dog had them - luckily not to eat, but to sleep on.
    Eventually on the road an hour later than planned which meant I caught a couple of very light showers - but not enough to wet my jeans or dirty the bike.
    Quick polish up with a duster on return and back in the stable like new :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  17. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    thought I'd go for a quick jaunt to Newlands Corner this afternoon, whilst drinking my tea I thought that I'd never been to Wessons in Horam, might be a nice ride! Anyway 65 miles and 1 hr 30 mins later I arrive and its closed!! Really fancied a cup of tea, So headed home via Rykers at Box Hill, 55 miles and 1hr 20, thankfully open so had a cup of tea and a chat with a bonnie se rider. So all in all my 45 min, 40 mile jaunt to Newlands and back turned into a 145 mile, 3 hr jaunt for a second cup of tea that I could have had at Newlands!! The tea is 20p cheaper at Rykers though, and bigger!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Senior Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    Actually got the(Daytona 1000) SOB to run right! New jets oil/filters airbox & of course fresh petrol & hey presto she runs a treat. 15mins with the carbtune kit & carbs balanced at last.

• Like Like x 1
  19. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Had a nice ride to the Cotswold Airport(Kemble) for a nice but slightly pricey breakfast while watching helicopters and light aircraft doing circuits and bumps.
    Nice ride back but the traffic was a bit heavy.

20. Creaky

Creaky Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Nottinghamshire
    Been exploring the local lanes late this afternoon so as to avoid the bank holiday traffic on the main roads. Sorted myself an approximate route, copied the map, highlighted my intended roads and put it in my magnetic tank holder. Set off and then as it was such a nice run I followed my nose, got lost and then had fun discovering unknown villages as I made my way back onto my original course!

So pleased with the Thruxton it's quite happy pottering through the villages and rumbling along the minor roads but then has plenty of go when you need to make a bit of progress on busier routes.

With the lighter evenings I'm enjoying slipping out for an hour or two after rush hour and taking advantage of quieter runs whilst everyone has their tea.

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0180.JPG

• Like Like x 1