Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Trying out one of my Christmas/birthday money purchases.
    IMG_20220122_151326121_compress76.jpg
    My garage was originally built to house my 5 or 6 cycles before I got back onto motorcycles, so it's a bit tight for space. To get the Speedy out, I need to move three bikes and a lawn mower, position a ramp at the door and do a twelve million point manoeuvre back and forth.
    Saw these and thought my troubles were over .
    Not a chance! No way on earth can I get the bike on the centre stand with the dolly underneath so I put the back wheel on a bit of wood the same height. It worked but it is such a faff positioning the dolly so the stand doesn't clash and I burnt my finger on the exhaust while fannying about. Even when on the dolly it is not that manoeverable.
    What a waste of money

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. Bolosun

Bolosun Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Crewe/Cheshire
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    #16724 Mrs Visor, Jan 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    Today I had my first ride on my Street Triple and it is AMAZING, I LOVE it!!! I just went out for a few hours with @Helmut Visor for a non - challenging ride to get used to the bike. It certainly feels very different to the Gladius and SV650 which have obviously been my only big bike experiences, but brilliant, and hopefully it shouldn't take too long for me to feel fully comfortable on it. Sensible behaviour today was very definitely the name of the game but I get the feeling it is going to be a huge amount of fun once I gain some more skill and experience!

IMG-20220122-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20220122-WA0000.jpg

• Like Like x 17
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. Bolosun

Bolosun Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Crewe/Cheshire
    That goes with out saying :cool:.
    Or you could use what you have with one of these

5. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    As I don't actually have a Triumph at the moment I thought I'd crack on with the rear carrier for the new Street Scrambler arriving this week. When the old SS was recovered, the rack I'd knocked up for that one was missing. The Mk2 rack is slightly bigger and will fix directly to the frame. All was going well until the finishing coat of satin black reacted with the zinc primer and looks shite so I'll do what I contemplated doing in the first place and get it powder coated along with the engine bars from the old bike which have a few scuff marks onthem.

D2D81DA0-CAB4-4932-81E2-3559B8492B3E.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  6. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Looks fine for in a straight line :grinning:

7. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    It’s like déjà vu from just over a year ago when my other half passed her test and jumped a Street Triple (675). She was very excited, too.

And that Aprilia looks nice!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    I woke up really early this morning full of excitement that today was the day I could ride it :laughing:. First bike I rode after passing my test was the Herald 125 though....returning it to it's rightful owner.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Your first big bike is always something special. It’s a great feeling.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I laughed at your "twelve million point maneuver" comment, @Dawsy! :joy: But not at your dilemma. I sometimes have to move 3 bikes to get to the one that I want especially if Mr. Sandi is riding and depending on the configuration at the time. But living in the desert I don't need to worry about moving a lawn mower. Maybe a rock mover... Sorry you paid good money for a gizmo that doesn't work for you. That's always a drag. :( Perhaps you can resell it at not too terrible a loss?

11. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I'm so excited for you, @Mrs Visor! Thanks for the photos and we're all looking forward to many more as you ride that Street Triple of yours. You must be soooo happy! You've worked hard and for a long time for this. Excellent! :grinning::heart_eyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Cheers Sandi. I could sell it but I would struggle to word the advert without using the words "piece" "of" and "shit":confused:

• Funny Funny x 7
  13. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    You really have a fantastic bike there! One of the best. I still say its the best machine Triumph make.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    I’m going to have a similar conundrum this year as I’ve just built a garage and conservatory in front of the bike store….. So I will have to spin the bike around in the conservatory, put a ramp in place and then ride down the ramp through some narrow 3/4 height double doors, past my car, through the garage out onto the drive where I will have already had to move the other car… a quick pop to the shops is going to be out of the question…But putting a positive spin on it, once I get it out it’s gonna be ridden a long way to make it worthwhile….

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    Or pave over the lawn and then you can get rid of the mower making more space :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    It has been proposed @brown mouse but Mrs D wasn't impressed with my cunning plan :confused:

• Funny Funny x 5
  17. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire

Great stuff!! Dip your bread Mrs V. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2020
    UK
    Yep, bought mine a few years ago, it now sits up against the wall behind the trophy.... Mine's worse because the centre stand impacts with the locking handle, so I can't even lock it when the bike is on it. Which is a laugh trying to get the bike off as it rolls away from me. So it was back to the multi point turns. Although I've painted lines on the floor to help me line up the front and rear wheels before I start the multi point turn to back the bike in. At least I can now do it, mostly, on the first attempt.
    I still think it was a great idea, just poorly implemented.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Senior Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    #16740 STIFFLER, Jan 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    Just fired the Daytona up, ran it for an hour to blow the cobwebs out. Even though i know i have not yet got the carbs bang on she fired up 2nd prod (last fire up was maybe sept/Oct?) so well chuffed! She`s a little fluttery for want of a better word as you take her off tick over but after a long ish lay up im not surprised.
    Things change as we all peddle along & now my wife cant go on bikes anymore i`ve decided to go the classic car route so Daytona is gonna be up for sale. A rare bike which is lovely to ride. She still needs a little fettling but ive done all the hard stuff:oops::) In the for sale section at £1500.

Image.jpeg

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0559.JPG

• Like Like x 13