Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Geoff Butler

Geoff Butler Never too old for Biking!

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    Finished the jobs needed to get my T595 back on the road and the bike is now ready for a new MOT and some drier British biking weather.

PXL_20220109_124600457~2.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  2. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Still a good looking motorcycle.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yes cracking looking bike. I must admit I had a special place back in the day for yellow bikes :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Stephen Martin

Stephen Martin Senior Member

Aug 31, 2020
    Isle of Wight
    Right I have no idea if the link below will work but assuming it does its my first attempt to start the bike since October 12th.
    I'd sprayed the bike with fs365 in the video I say fs65

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1bevWtdo19Nngd5L9

• Like Like x 4
  5. Stephen Martin

Stephen Martin Senior Member

Aug 31, 2020
    Isle of Wight
    well the link seems to work after stopping the vid I cut the choke right off and she ticked over just fine. i polished up the wheels with some solvol sorry cant spell, they didn't come up to bad but will require more effort come summer. in the mean time I've made up a mix of grease, oil and wd40 and wiped it over the wheels. see if that works any better. ive also just remembered i did clean and polish the bike before using the fs365 the dirty marks are mould from the fs365 the rubber gaiters are very bad don't think ill be using that again.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Try acf50 mate that works really well for me.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

It's hitting the mid-60's today. I'm getting out and running a couple errands on her.

Pic or two to follow.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

#16668 Golgotha, Jan 9, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2022
    Popped into one of the usuals w/the Mrs. for a quick refreshing sparkling mineral water with organic lemon wedge and spring water ice. Had to hit the pet store today to get the specific high-end cans of cat food that the new edition will only accept. Spoiled little prick. Near perfect riding weather. That'll be about it weather-wise for this entire week.

The bike behind me is a hand-built “FrankenHarley” made out of 3 or 4 different types of Hogs. Really cool cat too. There was another group of older HD dudes that were kind of douchey. I could tell they had a bit of Triumph hate. I've gotten that at this joint from time to time.

Last time I was there the FrankenHarley guy got into this other Harley dude's face who was talking shit about Triumphs behind my back. Basically told him he didn't know what he was talking about and to shut his yap or pay the price. I caught the tail end of it when I came in from the back patio to order another refreshing beverage. FrankenHarley guy's in his 70's too, and hasn't owned a car in over 10 years. Still works and rides everywhere rain, sleet, snow or shine. The guy he jacked up was in his 40's, relatively fit, and had 40 or 50 lbs on him. Dude's hard-fuckin'-core. No fucks given.

3E4826B1-5DCE-4F04-9C5C-B385F5A8E085.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  9. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

Got this in the mail. At $37 shipped these guys are certainly making an absolute killing of these little bits of plastic. At any rate, today's the day… double feature- Get these two things installed and FINALLY get my tail tidy on. General consensus online is that each install is easily accomplished in minutes, so they'll probably take me 2 hours each.

First I'm going to swing by a buddy's shop real quick to see about getting these spacers 3-D printed for shit's and gigs. Always good to have a back up or two.

0-1.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Despite the sometimes very low temperatures, I have already covered several hundred kilometers on my "Siberian Tiger" in 2022. Today I gave him a "cat wash", which was accompanied by an intensive "oil care".

IMG_20220101_104218_201 (Copy).jpg

IMG_20220101_104224_851 (Copy) (Copy).jpg

• Like Like x 11
  11. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    I tried one of those once but the cat hated it.

• Funny Funny x 7
  12. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    I saw a glimpse of the picture, then read about very low temps and Siberian tiger and thought it was ice…

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Armando Morales

Armando Morales Noble Member

Mar 29, 2021
    Mexico
    #16673 Armando Morales, Jan 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    Took my Tiger to the dealer for the 10,000 kms service, should be ready later today.
    EDIT: picked it up , all A OK

• Like Like x 10
  14. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

#16674 Golgotha, Jan 13, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2022
    Not sure if this is the right room for this but-

Ordered a retractible gas cap from NewBonneville.com 4 days ago and they just got around to telling me yesterday they're not in stock and won't be for another month so I'm going to have to wait. No offer to refund the sale… just a "you'll get it after we get it."

Upon doing discovery it was revealed that this is pretty much their MO. They take people's money for items they don't have, despite their website claiming the contrary. Then they take weeks, sometimes months to sort things out. So the month that they said I'm going to have to wait will probably turn out to be 2 months, or more. There's people out there complaining that they've been waiting since AUG. Also- they do not respond to calls or emails. Their outgoing message claims they're "on the other line supplying other customers with overly wordy assistance."

Serves me right for not checking their online reviews beforehand. There's quite a few bad reviews. They suck.

We should actually add a dedicated "Hall of Shame" room to the forum to out dishonest venders, buyers, and sellers like this. That would probably get unscrupulous outfits' attention.

They're out of Texas. US buyers beware.

https://newbonneville.com

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    In the uk, if you pay via credit card, you can start a process of getting your money returned?
    Is that an avenue available to you by any chance?
    Either way, thats a bad way to treat customers.

16. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    today I've rode the Triumph, and it was freezing (literally) but enjoyed every minute.

• Like Like x 10
  17. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Doesn't it have to be above £100?
    I always buy large electrical items like TVs etc that way to ensure my guarantee is honoured.

18. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    I took the opportunity today to ride exclusively in temperatures above 5 degrees Celsius (41 F) to the office and back home for my 130 km (80.7 mi) total commute. ;)
    This means I have already ridden my first 500 km (310,7 mi) of 2022.

• Like Like x 11
  19. Geoff Butler

Geoff Butler Never too old for Biking!

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    #16679 Geoff Butler, Jan 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    The good news is that I rode my T595 for the first time in 5+ years today, having completed lots of work to get her back on the road and she still rides like a dream. :cool:

The not so good news is that the journey was to get a fresh MOT and she failed. :( The top yoke conversion and Renthal 758 combo allows the switch gear to gently nudge the fairing on full lock and that’s a fail. Who knew!

1962DB63-E11A-4E65-B4D6-8E8EA7205EA1.jpeg

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 Noble Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
    Bought it. That’s what I did with my Triumph today.
    Tiger 900 Rally Pro. To be collected on or after 1st March.
    Bring it on.

• Like Like x 15