Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Likewise, been running a 8x6 plate on my Speedy for years without any trouble, even MOT guy said not to bother changing to my legal plate for test next time. He told me there's a legal dispensation for HD's so he won't fail ANY on principle (don't know if that's true).

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    Agree. I think if you have a local independent bike service centre, they will quite happily ignore the plate size during an MOT.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Agreed ......... mine has but I now always retain the legal plate and fit it for the MOT - heck it's only 2 minutes work and two nylon screws. My logic is that, quite apart from not wanting a substantial fine (up to £1,000) should I get stopped on the way home from the MOT test, the tester/station could face sanctions up to and including losing the MOT test franchise for up to 2 years. Then we'd both suffer.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    My local MOT station said that he knows that it's only on (exhaust) for 10 mins and passes it. I always change the plate though for a legal one as I don't want to take the mick.

• Like Like x 2
  5. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    My 2019 Speed Triple RS was due (well, overdue) for his annual physical and I had an appointment to drop him off first thing this morning. I don't put enough miles on this bike to have regular maintenance based on mileage but instead do it once per year and typically when I'm on winter holiday.
    IMG_5347.jpeg

It was a bit brisk this morning so I layered up including long johns and my heated vest. Fortunately my local Triumph dealer is a mere five miles from my house. :)
    IMG_5348.jpeg

I arrived just as the dealership was opening so the employees were busily prepping for the day but not many customers had arrived yet.
    IMG_5353.jpeg

This Thunderbird was sitting outside the service bay and the license plate caught my eye. :grinning:
    IMG_5350.jpeg
    IMG_5354.jpeg

Mr. Sandi drove his truck over to pick me up after I dropped my bike off. He found me on the showroom floor (still) drooling over the Rockets. ;):joy:
    IMG_5360.jpeg

Looks like this mannequin has a bad attitude. Not just one but two middle finger salutes. :eek:
    IMG_5362.jpeg

I dropped my bike off around 9am. At 1:30pm I received a call that it was done and ready for pickup. But...I was out riding my Street Glide when the call came in and by the time I got home it was too late to go get it. Mañana....

• Like Like x 13
  7. Geoff Butler

Geoff Butler Never too old for Biking!
    Subscriber

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    #16587 Geoff Butler, Dec 22, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    T595 rear brake calliper rebuild completed and ready for fitting!

New pistons, Seals, EBC pads and a last minute decision to get a new disc as well.

PXL_20211222_152839617.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  8. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    looks like excellent work!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Geoff Butler

Geoff Butler Never too old for Biking!
    Subscriber

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    A busy day in the garage with the T595 today, because of course the next few days will be family time. ;)
    • Oil and filter change
    • Flushed and replaced the coolant
    • K&N air filter clean
    • New standard NGK spark plugs (what a faff getting the air box off!)
    • New fuel filter and seals
    Happy Christmas everyone!

C544882A-9D40-4211-8BE1-FB84037E34D7.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  10. Russell Stroup

Russell Stroup Noble Member

Nov 10, 2020
    Pittsburgh Pa
    Short Christmas Eve ride, just to blow the cobwebs out of it ;) 55 in Pennsylvania today C2D30BBD-EA67-4E60-80BE-05A0CF6B8A10.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Judging by how clean your bike is I’m guessing you have not got any salt on your roads. Any ride at this time of year in the UK and the bike would be filthy. By the way your bonnie looks fabulous :)

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. Russell Stroup

Russell Stroup Noble Member

Nov 10, 2020
    Pittsburgh Pa
    Thanks Wessa! I’m a fair weather rider, definitely. I’ll ride if it’s cold, but no rain or snow for me.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Armando Morales

Armando Morales Noble Member

Mar 29, 2021
    Mexico
    Installed side racks

IMG_20211224_134321871.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  14. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    After a short, hypothermic ride at -1 degrees Celsius (30.2 F), my wife was waiting for me with hot tea and an incredible cake.:kissing_heart::heart_eyes:
    A "high-speed rider cake".
    It tastes delicious!!!;)

IMG_20211224_124419_732_copy_2000x1500.jpg

• Like Like x 21
  15. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I changed oil and filter on mrs. V's street triple today. First I noticed the dealer hadn't put a copper washer behind the oil plug. Then I had quite a job getting the filter off, as I couldn't for the life of me find my filter tool :laughing:. Fortunately the filter is more easily accessable than on my speed. Drained, plug (with washer) back in, new filter on hand tight and refill. It took 3 litres. Litte run up and down the street (brrr... ), no leakage, job done.

• Like Like x 15
  16. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #16596 Sandi T, Dec 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
    Today I took my Speed Triple on a little 30 mile afternoon ride to enjoy the sun. We're predicted to have at least a chance of rain every day for the rest of the week so I decided to "make hay while the sun shines". My primary destination was to Anita Street Market near downtown. In my opinion, this family place makes the absolute best tortillas in Tucson--and that's saying a lot in this town. Recently Anita Street Market was featured in our local newspaper--but not for a positive reason. I was very sad to see that this iconic little neighborhood eatery will likely be closing in 2022.

Years ago I went in to buy a dozen tortillas and the grandfather--the patriarch of the market who passed away in 2008--took my order. When he brought out my steaming hot tortillas, I asked him how many tortillas they typically made in a day. He replied, "Six hundred (pause) dozen. But seven hundred to seven hundred and fifty dozen on weekends". :D:yum:eek:

The newspaper article included several photos of the place including one of a spectacular mural on the north-facing exterior wall of the building. I've been on a bit of a kick to head out on my bike to find and photograph murals around town. So today was the day to view this mural which I'd never seen before today.

This photo of the front of Anita Street Market is from the newspaper article. It's a small, unassuming building on the corner of Anita & Lord in Barrio Anita.
    Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 2.20.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 12.13.32 AM.png

IMG_5563.jpeg

IMG_5566.jpeg

• Like Like x 23
  17. Greywolf55

Greywolf55 Noble Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Duluth ,Ga
    we've got an unusual warm spell after weeks of freezing temps. Took her out for a 2 hour ride , up around the lake. SO grand

• Like Like x 10
  18. Armando Morales

Armando Morales Noble Member

Mar 29, 2021
    Mexico
    A bit of off-road, on this image the road is quite decent, there were stretches with a fair amount of loose rocks and with a significant incline, 1st gear was not enough to keep it at a steady speed had to add some breaks, a bit unnerving for someone who does off-road very rarely.
    At one I was following another rider that was going at an even slower pace than me, I stopped to allow for some distance, and I ended up dropping the bike, nothing happened and I got help to pick it up.
    On the way up a rider managed to put his GS on the ditch, it took four of us to get it out.
    In the end, I really like how the tiger handles dirt roads and that is with the original tires which are very street oriented. el venado edit .jpg

• Like Like x 15
  19. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    I put Mrs dartplayer’s seat on for her Xmas tour. Weather wet today, so cooler to work, looking fine :sun: for the rest of the week.

5E685D91-0695-4E64-A439-3D67A7C96BCA.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  20. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    It's pretty cool that Mrs Dartplayer's seat is just like a rider seat rather than the usual pillion seat, @Dartplayer! I'll bet it's quite comfy for her. :) Enjoy your rides together. :heart:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1