Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    You’d definitely be uncomfortable much of the time in Tucson, Andy. That is, at least until your blood thinned a bit! ;):joy: Mid to high 70’sF is perfect for me for riding. I’d have been able to wear this jacket with just a tee shirt underneath. :) That’s the Baby Bears porridge of temperature for me— not too hot, not to cold.…juuuust right! :cool::sun::)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Koko55

Koko55 First Class Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Dorset
    20211011_120323-2.jpg 20211011_120333-2.jpg A lovely lunch,at the Sandbanks chain ferry.

• Like Like x 10
  3. Stephen Martin

Stephen Martin Senior Member

Aug 31, 2020
    Isle of Wight
    My bad last week I sprayed some stuff fs65 or what ever it's called on the wheels. Today nice and sunny and nothing else to do so whipped the covers of the bike and went out for a run. That's when I found out that despite thinking I had been careful it had got on the disc's. Well not being one to let a little problem like iffy brakes I carried on and with a little luck on my side made it home. Question is will a spraying with some brake cleaner see me OK or have I buggered the pads and need to replace.
    Below will hopefully be some pics of my ride.

20211012_123209.jpg

20211012_130644.jpg

20211012_130704.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  4. Stephen Martin

Aug 31, 2020
    Isle of Wight
    20211012_135213.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  5. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Try plenty of break cleaner and rinse well. If that doesn't help then I'd try removing the pads and give them a thorough clean with a stiff brush and even try filing the contact surface. That should improve them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Stephen Martin

Aug 31, 2020
    Isle of Wight
    unfortunately I am unable to post anymore pics as they are to large I've tried to resize them unfortunately even though it said do you want to replace the original and I select yes when i open it its still the same size.
    I apologise for being stupid.
    but I suppose stupid is as stupid dose.

7. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Another method I have heard of is heating the pads with a blow torch but that is for mountain bike brakes. Theory is the same surely.
    What's the worst that could happen? :grinning:o_O

• Like Like x 2
  8. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Great photos and very nice conditions for riding!
    I would so love to trade places with you! With me here in Austria we have only more between 3-13 degrees Celsius (37,4-55,4 F) with high humidity from all sides. :confused: From tomorrow we get snow up to 800 m above sea level. Biking is becoming more and more of a challenge. But: As is well known, there is no bad weather, only bad equipment!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Just been having a play around with the Dealertool software and it's a cinch to use. The throttle balancing option looks particularly useful and should negate rigging up the Motgan Carbtune balancer. The 10K service will be due shortly so the service indicator ligjt shouldn't be a problem.:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Fitted some new LED spotlamps to the Scrambler. These are 20w each, £15/pair on Ebay and replace the slightly smaller 10w lamps I fitted last year. Tried them out last night and they really make a difference. I've had an identical pair on the Husaberg for some years now so they appear to be quite durable. I think I mentioned in an earlier thread that I also fitted a LED H4 bulb in the headlamp which also made a useful improvement.

C5ADCCD0-14A0-462B-BF13-1B48F0E7F7DE.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 2
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Met @andypandy for a ride in the Derbyshire Dales today. Stopped in Longnor for a cuppa and a bacon and sausage buttie, then on to Yondermans cafe for cake…. Great days riding and it stayed dry. 109 enjoyable miles on the day. Lovely :):)

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    A bit like this but bigger.
    SausageAndBacon.jpg

And something very much like this
    TripleChoc.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 5
  13. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Some good routes out that way. When I visit relatives in Leek I take the scenic route through Tideswell, Longnor and up over the moors past the gun range and down Thorncliffe bank.

14. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    South Jersey, The 51st State
    The highway pegs came yesterday. I set them up where they felt like they'd be comfortable. I cranked them on to the point where I feared I was about to strip the threads on the pegs. The pegs moved forward with just a bit pressure by pushing on them. I loosened them and used the little, rubber, adhesive pads inside the mounts that came with another set of pegs, thinking it would make the mounts more grippy. They did feel tighter. I went for a ride. I took some bumpy roads to see if the mounts were secure. Sure enough, the pegs started rotating forward on the highway bars under the weight of my legs. I ended up drilling through the mount into the bars and putting a self-tapping screw in. They aren't moving now. I used what I had on hand. I'll swap the screws out for stainless when I get a chance.

Pegs.jpg Screw.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 2
  15. FellZebra

FellZebra First Class Member

Mar 9, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    Today I picked up my Explorer manifold from a local exhaust fabricator with the repair as suggested above.
    Thanks for the idea @DCS900

F8105BF1-4A45-41C8-A1D9-14DEEF274735.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Not satisfied with my ride in the Derbyshire Dales yesterday, today I met my mate Paul and his mate Dave for a ride out.
    We set off from Winsford towards Whitchurch on the A49 then onto the A495 towards Elsmere and then Shrewsbury. We stopped for coffee at the Armoury cafe on the river side in Shrewsbury.
    We then headed south on the A49 towards Church Stretton, then took the mountain road (Bur Way) over the moors to Bridges, then south to Bishops Castle, Knighton and down to the A470 stopping for some lunch.
    We then headed north to Builth Wells, Newtown, Oswestry, Wrexham, Broxton, Beeston, Tarporley and then the back road past Oulton Park into Winsford and a well earned pint.
    We covered 218 miles on the day in brilliant sunshine and past some awesome towns, villages and scenery. Sorry no pictures as we were to busy riding. :):)

• Like Like x 13
  17. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Nice one Steve, sounds a bit like my ride last Sunday with my Speed Triple riding mate, a good run around North Yorkshire but no pics, I think he got a bit giddy and I wondered if he was ever going to stop for lunch at one point, but then it had been a while since we were last out together.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    South Jersey, The 51st State
    Went for a backroad ride today. Some exploring. "I wonder where that road goes?" Did about 65 miles, mainly to see how the new foot pegs felt. They are OK. Not as much stretch as I had hoped. I also wanted to see how I felt on a longer ride. Coming off an 800 lb. Victory Touring Cruiser (five or six hundred miles was not an issue), the Speedy was a bit of a more bumpy ride. OK, more than a bit, but it was fun. Butt is a little sore. A responsive little bike, though. Fun in the curves. When I got home I threw a kayak on top of the Explorer and went fishing. A near perfect day.

It should get a little better tonight, he said, salaciously...

ICE CREAM!!!

• Like Like x 9
  19. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Aaack! I did it again....posted about what I did with my Triumph today in the what did you do with your non-Triumph today? thread. Sheesh....... :p:joy: I gotta start posting before it's past my bedtime. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 6
  20. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Take more water with it :);)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1