Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

I looks like you fitted those great mods only so you could hang or stow your cap.

The upside is of course a nice looking bike with storage. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

That is literally the main reason I got it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Jugg

Jugg Senior Member

Mar 22, 2021
    Aberdeen
    Got the daytona all stripped down ready to pull the engine out for a proper strip down tonight. Bagging and tagging all the wee bits takes so long. Hopefully pull the engine out and onto the bench tomorow night if I get a minute

• Like Like x 11
  4. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

Took her out for a 75 miler yesterday up to my go-to guy to say "hey" and get some prices before the rain set in. The screen really compliments the bike. I'm quite happy w/ it.

If you're in the RTP AO, Motorcycle Innovations in Wake Forest is a great spot for HD and Triumph work. He doesn't do warranty stuff, though.

Also- Put a subtle graphic on the screen. Looks pretty cool I think.

0-6.jpeg

MOTO1.jpeg

0-11.MOTO2jpeg.jpeg

0-3.jpeg

0.png

0-4.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  5. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    At last a few spare days, ever since i built Su the Daytona i was unhappy with the pinstripes i had done and today i used my new Mack lining brush and some one shot enamel too redo them with the help of some tape :) Looks far better and Su is happy.

20210922_141315.jpg

20210922_141323.jpg

20210922_141308.jpg

20210922_141331.jpg

• Like Like x 19
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Jugg

Jugg Senior Member

Mar 22, 2021
    Aberdeen
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Thats a really interesting showroom. Not far of being a museum or exhibition hall of a very diverse range of bikes.

If you couldn’t find something to like there then you should just take the bus!

Thanks for posting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

A very tidy job.

I shall keep my eyes peel to try and see it on the road.

I’ll wave like a mad thing to let you know it’s me.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    Balanced the throttle bodies and installed new plugs and air filter, the throttle bodies were miles out surprised as they were done 3k miles back by a triumph dealer, new Air filter is now the oldest part of the bike, 2012 T100, new air filter manufacturer date19/11/2006??
    Was talking to a tech whilst picking up the parts, chatting about bonnevilles I said I was leaving off doing the valve clearances until 15k, interestingly he said that most people who bring in their bonnevilles for the 12k "big service" valves rarily if ever require shims and are 99/100 well within tolerance, but they see a lot of fuel filters full of water and contamination and it's definitely worth doing on schedule. I've seen a few guys on various triumph forums with big mileage who've never done the fuel filter.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

It’s easy to overdo bolder greens like that. You really pulled that off well.

One of those old school, cozy bike shops you can just hang out in for an afternoon and shoot the shit. Almost a pub-like atmosphere.

• Like Like x 2
  13. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    Getting hard to find shops like that, they're all like bloody boutiques these days, I miss the whiff of castrol R, fags and bullshit.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Iron

Iron Guest

Not the easiest of things to do. Nice job, looks the dog's do das. :)

15. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    Today I started to properly fix my Speedmaster seat problem. I stuffed a layer of foam into my old one, under the parts where my weight is. This looks like some mutant duck head...

1.jpg

The cover fitted back on pretty well without fixing, so I went for a two hour ride to try it out. I found the bike now accelerates, brakes and corners way better... or perhaps that's just because I don't have Mrs Mouse on the back which I did for the previous 2000 miles ;) Seriously though, no particular numb bum or squashed testicles so it's looking promising.

May do some more experiments to optimise comfort. I have that useless gel cushion I could cut up and put under the foam where Triumph has some plastic honeycomb matting I believe is intended to have a similar vibration dampening effect. Also time to invest in an upholstery staple gun and an air compressor so I can fix cover properly again.

• Like Like x 12
  16. Iron

Iron Guest

Issues with compressor and initial clear coats but sorted now, phew. At least I didn't have to take everything off. Went with 2 pack rattle can. Once cured polishing to do.
    Methinks a new compressor is required, maybe get something that can handle sandblasting cabinet too. :) Watch out rusty stuff...Over.

01.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  17. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

Back out and about. Hit the local bike pub for some refreshment… and finally took a hit.

Rolled over a curb on my way out and heard a blood-curdling metallic “zinggggg.” Checked out the keel and I was annoyed for like 2 seconds then realized the sump guard simply did its job.

0A90FE5F-153A-4983-B761-B384A4A2EEFB.jpeg

B51E4F3C-2B86-4049-93C1-31C067E6B606.jpeg

Money well spent.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Very nice :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#16239 Cyborgbot, Sep 23, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2021
    Seeing that tank and saddle, I was thinking that the forum has many extremely skilled people ranging from upholstery, painting, metal bashing, welding, mechanics, metalwork, leather-working, electrics/electronics, etc. All the talent to homemake an entire machine.

If everyone were to get together they could build an awesome bike of amazing engineering and quality.

Sadly it would look awful on the basis one individual would to make chopper forks, another would do a STriple type frame, another a psychedelic colour scheme with white walled tyres, mirrors like Micky’s ears, etc, etc.

Since we can’t often agree on what day it is, it would be nearly impossible to agree on a design.

The result would probably be uglier than a mix of these…

C5E7CD5D-0384-41CA-A08F-EC9F48C81D11.jpeg C5537BD7-DE81-404F-B2C4-F25A2E1DE5CA.jpeg 7D3AD1B8-57E6-407D-B20C-3A0802364DED.jpeg C3D00B69-F355-4831-AB42-0785B21F7C70.jpeg C7CAAAAD-2C74-4B61-BBB4-A6E3688C28CA.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    A camel was a horse built by a committee

• Funny Funny x 4