Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    It would be nice to know what the limiting factors are (if anyone knows?), I've been drastically reducing the size of photos I've posted on the (not bikes) photo thread. If the originals are from my dslr then they're often 25-30MB, I've been using FastStone Photo Resizer to knock them down to approx 2meg. It would be nice to load them at better quality, but then those with slower broadband are probably going to curse.

2. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I find any pics over roughly 5,5MB are deemed too large...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. SpeedyR

SpeedyR Member

Apr 27, 2021
    South Africa
  4. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

I’d not kick them out of bed for farting. But then,I’m not too fussy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    I think a full fairing would have been a lot nicer

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Rode from home to Dumbarton today ready to ride up to Glencoe tomorrow. Bit wet through Cumbria but cleared up. No impressive photos today but hope to get some tomorrow :grinning:
    IMG-20210913-WA0004.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  7. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Up the A82 tomorrow? The "Glen of weeping" always gets to me. Very ominous scenery. Love it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Aye that's the plan. About 210 miles for today.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Iron

Iron Guest

Painting and 2 Pack lacquer all done

01.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  10. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Armando Morales

Armando Morales Noble Member

Mar 29, 2021
    Mexico
    Yesterday I did some slow maneuvers practice and managed to drop the bike while trying to turn to the right as slow as possible.
    I have been concerned about purchasing the triumph crash guards, but they did their job.
    I may need some touch paint to prevent the scratches on the guards from getting rusted.

• Like Like x 8
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Jugg

Jugg Senior Member

Mar 22, 2021
    Aberdeen
    Put the recently sealed tank back on my t595 and filled it with petrol, no leaks so started her up first crank after sitting for 2 month

• Like Like x 8
  13. Iron

Iron Guest

#16193 Iron, Sep 17, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2021
    New tank has had a good coat of 2 pack epoxy primer. Then sanded so that filler primer sticks to it. Primer coats. Sanded. Matt black then started Triumph Tiger and Made in England. Still to finish this side and do the other side, clear coat and polish. I know the bike runs ok but can't get out on it until the tank is done. Where's this year going?
    And now I hear the dreaded Plague is in our street. Should have red crosses painted on their doors. That bloke shouting "Bring out yer dead" will be up here soon. Come along, crack on....

01.jpg

• Like Like x 20
  14. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

I think I’ve previously said you are a very talented fellow. Good to see you still are.

Awsome.

Sandbags might help keep the plague out.

Oh, no that’s flooding - not sure what to do with the plague…

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Uhmmmmm .......... Iron - are you saying that you HAND PAINT the logo and tank emblems? Cybergot's epithet of "talented" is a serious understatement anyway but it is in completely the wrong league if that artwork is hand painted.

Over. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

@Adie P I didn’t want to be too effusive or @Iron would think I fancied him or something. But you are quite right about the talent - have a look at some of his other post with WWII (and other) art work.

Some examples were photo realistic (too much so), others were a genuinely amazing abstraction of what war, the services and the soldiers were about.

Bizarrely it is interesting to find someone talented in finer artistry as equally capable in bashing metal to conform to how it should look on a proper bike.

Enough already. It’s bad enough that a former forum member thinks me and @Dave49 have a thing. I don’t want to given them ammunition that I’m two timing.

Me and @Dave49?!? Really - hell, the offspring would look ugly and be politically inept. Just like…

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON

Me and @Dave49?!? Really - hell, the offspring would look ugly and be politically inept. Just like…the salmon and the trout? Sorry ..... sturgeon. o_O:eek:

• Funny Funny x 6
  18. Iron

Iron Guest

01.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. Iron

Iron Guest

Thanks and yep, all hand painted - takes bloody ages. But I'd only be bored otherwise. Over, over....:no_mouth:

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    There's me thinking you'd slapped a transfer on .......... RESPECT!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1