Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Got my new OBD cable this morning from ttp so decided to re-load the TTP 3 map, what a performance!! The cable kept losing connection so had to reload at least 3 times finally got it done and did the 15 minute idle thingy then took her for a run...not so good sounded really rough although the eml went off so that was one good thing. got her home and re-loaded the map that Triumph had put on and she ran better but although I disabled the o2 sensors in the mapping the eml has stayed on. Might just go and have her dyno-ed. [​IMG]

2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Cleaned the Trident today after a ride out - bit more work required but not looking too bad. IMG_20150402_164109173.jpg IMG_20150402_164115539.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Creaky

Creaky Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Nottinghamshire
    Good colour. That's coming up really nicely. Is it all original paint on the engine as well?

4. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Senior Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    Finally got around to messing with the Daytona 1000. More WD spent loosening all bolts. Air box is bloomin cracked in 2 places(seen new one on ebay for £68 is that good??). Petrol in it is RED! Rust red so back in the garage in a mo to get the carbs off.

5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    "What have you been doing today?" - Nothing, absolutely bloody nothing ! Pissing it down all day. This rain is really getting on my tits :(:mad::oops:o_O

6. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Had my first proper ride of the year.
    Met my mate with his Tiger Sport at the Museum of Army Flying at Middle Wallop(can recommend the breakfast)as it's half way for both of us.Then a quick ride over to Loomie's,just a coffee this time.It was packed until the Harley riders left ;)
    Then a boring ride up the A34,180 miles in all.

7. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Went out for a ride with a pal to a coffee shop and back. Beautiful sunshine, blue skies and as cold as f*** !!!!!

Looks like another beautiful day today so I guess I'll be out again. "Just testing something Wend, just testing.........."

8. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    She's looking great !!! Well done.

9. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Went out for a quick run once the relatives had left. Came back 2 hours later and got a tongue lashing from the missus. WHY???

10. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Who knows mate? Mars, Venus etc

11. Clarkey

Clarkey Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    My conquest carbon bits turned up image.jpg lower chain gaurd
    image.jpg And exhaust heat shield
    And my gilles rearsets have turned up with my nitron shock
    Yet to be fitted pictures to follow

12. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Did about kms round trip ballade on some beautiful bitumen with fab views in 25° of superb sunshine.

Warm weather, hot tyres, plenty of petrol and exhaust noise - can't be beat !!!

13. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Not like! :jealous:

14. roadrider

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Had a new front tyre fitted with a nice ride back to scrub it in :)
    Took a Tiger Sport out while it was fitted :D

15. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    whats the tiger sport like, i sat on one at the NEC bike show and it fitted me perfectly as I have high bars on my Sprint

16. roadrider

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    It seems a good solid bike,bit on the heavy side but quicker than you think,looked down a couple of time times and was surprised by how fast I was going.
    Didn't handle as well as my Speed but was more comfortable,that's the trade of I suppose.
    Did a quick motorway blast and I could sit at 90 without a problem,thought there was a lot of wind noise my head felt fairly stable.
    I've been looking for a half faired Speed Triple that I can put luggage on and the Tiger is probably as close as I'll get.

My mate went from a Sprint to a Tiger Sport and love's it.He did nearly 400 miles on Friday,I did 400 miles one day on my Speed and I was knackered.

17. Clarkey

Sep 28, 2014
    Took the 1050 out for a quick spin after work lovey to feel the sun at last
    The 1050 speed triple is a BEAUTIFUL thing

18. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    clarkey, personally i think the 955i is a better looker but I do love all speedies and know where youre coming from

roadrider,thanks for the review, sounds perfect,now all I need is that lottery win tonight. I am in a couple of Sprint forums elsewhere and a lot of the guys ( hey we are all getting on a bit) have changed to the Tiger Sport and like them,just a couple prefer their Sprints

• Like Like x 1
  19. Clarkey

Sep 28, 2014
    Got round to fitting my gilles rear sets and nitron shock ,can't wait to try them out tomorrow image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  20. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    It's 25°, blue cloudless skies and I'm off out for a very nice country road ride.