Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    wow. Good idea?
    suzuki mirrors he's using.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Good idea?

Definitely! ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    I gave it a wash and polish along with the other non Triumphs

all3.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  4. Koko55

Koko55 First Class Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Dorset
    20210910_143522.jpg 20210910_143538.jpg Went for a ride,and ended up on the East cliff Bournemouth.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

You are too clever by half.

Awesome.

Thanks for posting.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

That looks like a nice place to ride.

7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Had a ride on the Thruxton today. One of my favourite routes down the A49 to the Raven/Midway, then over to Chester before heading home. Only 60 miles or so but nice roads and countryside :)

• Like Like x 6
  8. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I took my Speed Triple out for a short solo spin on Saturday afternoon and decided to hit my two dealerships so I could chat a bit with folks I know and also get a cold drink in the AC in between a few miles in the heat.

I started out at the H-D dealership and pulled in to park next to this Kawasaki Vulcan. There was also another non-H-D in the motorcycle parking area, a Victory. I'm not seeing many of those around anymore. I've heard it's quite difficult to get parts these days.
    IMG_2168.jpeg

IMG_2166.jpeg

This old guy was parked in the breezeway indicating that it probably belongs to a dealership employee. But I'd not seen it before. Snapped a pic thinking of a few members on here who might find it interesting. :)
    IMG_2175.jpeg

Tucson H-D doesn't have a whole lot of new bikes on the showroom floor but they did have some that I liked. I love to sit on bikes and just get the feel of them--even if I'm not particularly interested. Actually, sometimes over the years that has made me interested! Anyway, I figured I'd take photos of the bikes I sat on and post them in this ride report.
    This one is a 2021 Fat Boy. I got to ride a bit older version of this bike for a couple hundred miles in the Texas Hill Country and really liked it a lot. You'd think it would handle like a lumbering ox with that big back tire but it was actually quite a sweet ride! My cut-to-the-chase litmus test on a bike is whether I'd own it or not. This one is a yes.
    IMG_2176.jpeg

This is a 2021 Heritage Classic. Both the Fat Boy and this Heritage are in H-D's "Softail" lineup. If I could only have one bike, this one would be high on the list of contenders, perhaps even at #1. I've test ridden this model a couple of times since they put the new Milwaukee 8 motor in it and made a major (and very welcomed) change in the chassis and suspension. It handles great both around town and on the open road. One of my best riding buddies has one that he's put over 40K miles on and he absolutely loves it.
    IMG_2179.jpeg

This is also in the Softail family and is the Street Bob. My first motorcycle was a 2010 Street Bob that I really liked. While this has the new M8 engine and the new chassis, I'm not as big a fan of what they've done to the ergonomics and looks of the updated model. But it would be a fun little bike to bomb around town on.:grinning:
    IMG_2183.jpeg

After sitting on all the bikes that interested me and downing a big bottle of cold water, I hopped back on my Speed Triple and rode the five miles to Arizona Kawasaki, KTM, & Triumph (AZKKT) or, as some of you know me to call it, "Triumph World". I hadn't been there in some time so was curious to see what was new at that dealership. When I pulled in I was the only vehicle in the parking lot. Yes, it was hot but, geez, it was a Saturday afternoon. :rolleyes: I have to say I wondered where everyone was.
    IMG_2185.jpeg

After catching up with the salesman, Bruce, who I've known for years, I decided to do the same thing here that I did at H-D, sit on bikes of interest. All of the bikes of interest to me happened to be Triumphs--not a Kawi or KTM in the place caught my eye.

This was the first bike that caught my eye, the new Speedmaster! I've been hoping to see this bike for some time and Bruce said that they'd just gotten it the day before. It's a beauty! I felt really comfy on it, too. I'd love to be able to test ride it but they really don't/won't do that at this dealership unless it's pretty much certain that you're going to buy it. Hmmm, maybe........ ;)
    IMG_2190.jpeg

Thought I'd check out the new Speed Triple RS. Fortunately for me (and my pocketbook), I like my 2019 version better. :joy:
    IMG_2195.jpeg

I've not sat on, much less ridden, a scrambler like this one. My concern is always that exhaust. How in the world can you keep from burning the heck out of your leg at stop lights?! :eek::scream: I think this particular bike is pleasing to the eye overall (love the paint job) but when push come to shove, scramblers don't really move my soul like some other bikes do.
    IMG_2199.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    And finally--and of course--I had to sit on the Rocket 3. Now THIS bike moves my soul! :D

IMG_2197.jpeg

On a different note, someone (@Dougie D, I think?) mentioned that he thought we could upload more than ten photos in one post now. But I got shut out when I tried to add the Rocket photo which was #11.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Thank`s for the pictures!
    In my Triumph collection a ROCKET 3 ist still missing. I think this will not change for a while depending of sudden wealth. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    In the morning I drove my TIGER back to the office. Like every Monday, the weekly commuters from all the provinces were racing to Vienna. At 140 km/h I sometimes had the feeling I was parked on the motorway! They race like maniacs. Especially VW buses and delivery vans from construction companies. :dizzy::scream::eek:

12. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i'm sure there was one post where they had posted about 15 pics,but i can't remember which thread it was in. maybe they had reduced the size of the pics

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    10 pics is actually the maximum. You need more threads to post more then 10 picture. I had the same problem in the past.

14. Whenu

Whenu New Member

Jul 3, 2021
    Far North, New Zealand
    Went for a blat yesterday up to North Cape, stopped just before there to get a photo, Cape Maria van Diemen in the background.

241556457_4614420288581576_1152528673879701104_n.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  15. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    WoW! What a sight!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ducatitotriumph

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    #16176 Ducatitotriumph, Sep 13, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    NEW 1200RR.
    NOT BAD.
    And, no matt bloody black at last…..

FD3C9C22-B06F-4DFB-B4E3-B8EDA9353C8A.png

download.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    May be aiming for a more direct competitor to the Tuono?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ducatitotriumph

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Wouldn’t surprise me if someone makes an upgrade kit for the RS to match it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Armando Morales

Armando Morales Noble Member

Mar 29, 2021
    Mexico
    Took my tiger into her first service, this Rocket 3 R was on the dealership floor, while the service was being done I got my second vaccine dose, went to lunch at the mall, and saw the F1 Redbull that is traveling through a few cities, then went to pick up the bike, nice experience with the first service.

After picking up the Tiger I went for rides on Saturday and Sunday
    1. It was my first ride with dry weather, I started to ride with a relaxed grip on the handlebars, finally being able to feel comfortable on the twisties.
    2. above 120km/h I can not hear the helmet communicator, so I decided to replace the stock windscreen, ordered a replacement from calsci.com,
    3. I like how the RPM limit increases as I ride, it is indicated by a yellow color on the screen, I'm up to 8000rpm now, more than plenty.

original_fd3c0009-4ef4-49b7-88c8-f49eedfab76c_IMG_20210910_110226089_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210910_144216666_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  20. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That's a thought, Dougie. Thanks for the idea. I typically just pull photos from my MacBook Photos program and don't check the size. I have had photos that wouldn't load so usually just open them in Preview, make them a bit smaller and then do a screen shot, then post.