Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    To be honest Dave, yeah I like mine well done too but when @Sandi T posts bacon there appears to be no meat so I was showing her some proper shaped stuff :grinning:.
    Tasted grand though!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. SpeedyR

SpeedyR Member

Apr 27, 2021
    South Africa
    It's crispy or nothing!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    IMG-20210902-WA0002_compress72.jpg Four of us had a ride to the last Wray Bike Night of the year. Very popular! Saw some bikes I have never seen or even heard of!:grinning:

• Like Like x 4
  4. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #16144 Sandi T, Sep 3, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    Thanks for the photo of that "proper" bacon, @Dawsy! :):joy: But what, pray tell, is that circular black thing on your plate sitting at about seven o'clock?? :eek: Love the bike photos, too, BTW. It's not always all about the food. ;)

Edit: Well, on second thought, maybe it is always all about the food. :yum:D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #16145 Sandi T, Sep 3, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    So did you send it back to be crisped up more after taking the proper bacon photo, Dawsy? And if you asked them to undercook it just so you could show me some proper shaped stuff, thank you. That was very sweet of you. ;) And if you ate it "as is" and undercooked, it was doubly sweet! :joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That looks like a fun event! A terrific photo, too. I am REALLY missing bike nights. No one around where I live is doing them these days--due to Covid I think. :sob: So what kind of bikes did you see that were new to you??

7. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    #16147 Vulpes, Sep 3, 2021
    The "circulair black thing" :laughing: as you call it, would be "black pudding". Which is not pudding at all, but in fact blood sausage. Delicious! :yum

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I'll take your word for it being delicious, Vulpes, but I think I'd need to be blindfolded to try a "pudding" made of something called blood sausage. I'm a pretty adventurous eater, but could they not have left the word "blood" out of the name? :eek: Sounds a bit vampire-ish to me.

9. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    #16149 Vulpes, Sep 3, 2021
    That's probably why it's euphimised (is that a word? o_O) to "black pudding" :joy:.
    But do take my word for it - it IS delicious... :yum

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    No I toughed in it out and ate as it came Sandi. As has been said elsewhere on here, NEVER return food:eek::dizzy:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    @Sandi T it took me until into thirties (2 years ago :joy:) to try black pudding and then I realised what I had been missing. Luvverly

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Saw my first DKW Wankel rotary and my first ever Norvin like Ogri rides :grinning: If you don't know Sandi it's a Vincent engine in a Norton frame. Lovely! Various old Brit bikes in varying conditions and some really hideous contraptions-a BMW K 1300 springs to mind:scream:.
    The bike meet was started in memory of a guy that died and raises money for Blood Bikers in Lancashire and South Cumbria.
    Good vibes all around:grinning:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    After a long outing on Monday I was rather uncomfortable in a very personal part of my anatomy and I was force to realise that seat seems to have sagged with use. Needing a quick fix for an 11 day tour starting next week I thought I'd get a gel seat pad.

That arrived today and I went for a test fide but it was awful. You are sitting on jelly and move around unnervingly under any sort of acceleration, braking or turning; it felt downright dangerous. So I replaced the gel with 1cm layer of high density foam left over from making Mrs Mouse's seat and that seems to have alleviated the, ahem, pressing problem.

A winter project for a proper solution will be to but some foam inside the seat. (I have a spare seat I can experiment with as this is the second one I've bought due to having a similar problem a year or so ago.)

Here's a picture of seat with pad I put foam in, raising me up and leaving more space for goolies. Expensive and useless gel thing on right.

1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Iron

Iron Guest

Yes, I've been trying to sort a new seat for the T140 but can't find anything that fits or looks good. So I've three seats stuck up on the shelf now. I expect I'll be making my own as well with some glass fibre etc.

So thought I'd sort the Tiger out for the road. Put some petrol in it, started up and it ran lovely. Smelled something nasty - the bloody tank was leaking all over the front rocker cover and evaporating on the hot zorsts! This is the fourth time a leak has sprunged on this tank so it's demoted to the shelf as well. I'm sick of trying to mend it.

Another tank has been ordered and while I wait thought I'd think of a new paint scheme. I've got an unused peanut tank hanging around so sketched this onto it. Only roughly brushed out but it's nice for a Tiger on yer tank....

IMG_4545.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  15. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    That looks awesome ;);)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Better late than never, right?! :):joy:

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Iron

Iron Guest

#16157 Iron, Sep 6, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2021
    As above due to existing tank leak. The tank I wanted is not available unless I want to have my trousers pulled down, so rather than sod about I ordered a sportster custom.
    Delivered in a great big box with a tank sized box inside. Outside box all ok, inside damaged and, sure enough, tank is dented. Ok not bad so I'll fill and make good. I'll be using filler anyway to cover the stamp lines that these tanks all have anyway.
    I'll also not be using the Pingel I have as it takes a standard 22mm. Aha, have one in the stash. That's handy Harry.

02.jpg

Have to weld on tabs to bolt into existing holes in frame. So ensure cut and welded at correct angle by using a length of tubing.

03.jpg

Cut required overlength tabs out of other length of tubing.

04.jpg

Position onto previous tubing and weld into place.

05.jpg

Using my 'amazing' welding skills. Weld up, shape with grinder and carefully measure four times and drill retaining bolt holes. Stand back and admire.

06.jpg

Of course there were problems in that the stopcock was a bit long, so the coils had to be moved down a tad. Which involved drilling and tapping spacers to suit. And I now require some screw in petrol caps.

So, got those ordered when ordering the tank (see, down there for dancing) and will now paint a few to match the bayonet ones I've already done.

01.jpg

I like to have a selection so the bikes look different each time I go out. :) Over...

• Like Like x 13
  18. Iron

Iron Guest

Ha, workshop skills? I wish. I cobble stuff together as well as I can without any proper tools but I jump in where I shouldn't just because I can't bear that anyone else would fuck it up. At least I can kick myself.
    But thank you Bikerman, I hope some of the stuff I do is a bit informative, a bit helpful and at least gives a few laughs cause I do stuff a few things up fairly regularly. :):confused:

• Like Like x 9
  19. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    I had a short ride around the parish this afternoon. The local farmers are taking advantage of the current warm spell to get the rest of the grain harvest in and it was glorious to just pull up and enjoy the views over the hills in the mellow early autumn sunshine. sept2021.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  20. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I did a little solo ride on Labor Day yesterday on my Speed Triple RS. My original plan had been to ride through Saguaro National Park on the west side of the Tucson Mountains but we had such a big storm the previous night that I was concerned that the roads out there would be in bad shape with dirt and gravel runoff. So I stayed closer to home and rode around the Tucson Foothills area at the base of the Catalina Mountains. There was gravel in some places but manageable and the traffic was pretty quiet since it was a national holiday. This ride marked three days in a row of riding which I've not done since we got home from our June tour. So each of my bikes got its "exercise" over the long weekend. :)
    IMG_2163.jpeg

IMG_2158.jpeg

• Like Like x 14