Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Koko55

Koko55 First Class Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Dorset
    20210814_171958.jpg Fuel cap, arrived today.Waiting for the hugger.

• Like Like x 7
  2. SpeedyR

SpeedyR Member

Apr 27, 2021
    South Africa
    Nice tank pad!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Yes, but a bike colour only it’s mother could really love…

Sorry - I think white is a daring colour so probably aren’t qualified to pass critical comments.

;):)

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. SpeedyR

SpeedyR Member

Apr 27, 2021
    South Africa
    Nice tank pad!

• Like Like x 1
  5. AndyGuy

AndyGuy Member

Nov 27, 2020
    County Durham
    Getting last rides in

as she has to go up for sale

72A6F8B1-CD43-4355-9AB3-DFBD40CF4348.jpeg

CD7E482F-842E-4897-911D-D318BAD621F6.jpeg

C9B3FEBC-70EB-4F2F-A83D-8076DC5AAC8A.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  6. SpeedyR

SpeedyR Member

Apr 27, 2021
    South Africa
    Awesome winter's day called for a quick spin.
    Actually saw a white triple today, Triumphs not very common in these parts.

40A6EE72-9FFD-42C0-BBB5-7AA4909158E8.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  7. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. AndyGuy

AndyGuy Member

Nov 27, 2020
    County Durham
    unless I find some where else to live ….. her in doors said am only allowed one bike and I now want to buy the RS version

if anyone with an RS wand a retro and some cash then am the man at the moment

She still wears the trousers though ha

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria

10. AndyGuy

AndyGuy Member

Nov 27, 2020
    County Durham

Any ideas what the trumpet would be worth ? On the current market ?

11. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Congratulations on that new "baby", @Leech, and welcome to the Triumph family! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Because the weather has been so unpredictable as of late, we didn't arrange a group ride this morning and Mr. Sandi and I went for a Sunday ride today, just the two of us. As I said to him when we arrived back home, it was "like the good ol' days" when I had just begun riding and our ride outs were nearly exclusively with each other. Not that I don't enjoy riding with our usual crew but it was really nice to just be out together. :heart: It also meant we didn't have to be at a particular place at a particular time to meet up with a group which started the day in a more relaxed way than usual.

Mr. Sandi chose our breakfast destination, Coyote Pause, and off we went. It's not a long ride to this favorite restaurant (about 16 or 17 miles) but it's a beautiful one that goes over Gates Pass on the west side of town through Tucson Mountain Park. It was a glorious morning with temperatures in the 70ºsF, partly sunny skies, and green foliage everywhere thanks to our record rainfall over the past month and a half. :sun: Mr. Sandi was on his H-D Street Glide and I chose my Speed Triple RS.
    IMG_1953.jpeg

IMG_1956.jpeg

We ate outdoors in the courtyard and were the only ones sitting out there. We're back to wearing masks indoors which means we always choose to dine outdoors when the option is available. Even if we'd felt comfortable sitting indoors, the courtyard was beautiful with lots of flowers blooming and birds singing and it was very peaceful. This was our view to the east from our table under the ramada. :cool:
    IMG_1965.jpeg

I had my usual breakfast here, the Southwest Scramble with a side of fruit and a mesquite pancake with maple syrup. Mr. Sandi had Huevos Rancheros--corn tortillas, black beans, cheese, eggs over medium, and both red and green salsa. He added a side of link pork sausage. :yum Everything is still being served on throwaway serving dishes due to Covid. : unamused:
    IMG_1973.jpeg

IMG_1970.jpeg

The complex of buildings in which Coyote Pause is located also has a thrift store and a number of smaller shops that offer many different kinds of local artists' work. I may need to ride back out on Tuesday because my best girlfriend's birthday is Wednesday and I haven't yet bought her a gift. This would be the perfect place to find something special. And it's also a good reason (and excuse!) to ride again soon. ;)
    IMG_1959.jpeg

Before our breakfast arrived, I ran out to the bikes to get a long-sleeved shirt to ward off the bugs--a less pleasant side effect of all of our rain. But I'm glad I did because I spied these three very cool vehicles parked at the opposite end of the parking lot. :grinning: I'm sure there are some of you on here who will know the make and model and even the year of each of them. :blush: I don't but I certainly enjoyed looking at and photographing them. I especially liked the business logo--and cow horns--on the old pickup truck and the personalized license plate on the Corvair.
    IMG_1944.jpeg

IMG_1945.jpeg

IMG_1946.jpeg

IMG_1947.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
  14. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    MOT day on Friday last. The SpeedTrip flew through, even though it is time for some new tyres very soon. The small garage where I got the test done is run by a guy who I went to school with. It’s all his fault I got into bikes as his father used to race back in the 1970’s. We would often go off with his dad down to Brands Hatch, with us two sat in the back of the transit on his race bikes, We would pretend we were racing all the way there as we got driven through London. No M25 in those days….
    So after getting my MOT it was time to celebrate with a little breakfast in the local town…

87010A41-CCB5-441F-80D6-075D3957B78D.jpeg

EA8531FB-924B-48B9-9588-7B81F2AEE6AD.jpeg

245919D8-E213-4215-9C34-1568EE80273C.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  15. LEZ90

LEZ90 Active Member

Jun 9, 2021
    Brighton, UK
    After all the performance mods I've made the old clutch springs could not handle the new power and started to slip at max torque, so yesterday I fitted a new EBC clutch and heavy-duty springs.

It works perfectly now, but I'm going to have to build up my finger muscles as the clutch leaver is much stiffer.

Don't want to be caught in a traffic jam for a while.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  16. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    Oh , and this is a little bit embarrassing…after owning the bike for nearly two years, this weekend on a different short ride out, I discovered that my bike has cruise control fitted to it…:blush: I am the guy who just gets on a bike and rides it. I did look at the manual when I got the bike but haven’t been back to it since. …I just couldn’t figure out how to turn it off…o_O I eventually ran out of petrol and it reset itself….phew.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I think we have the exact same Speed Triple, @Oldskool. That's pretty funny that you didn't know it had cruise control! :joy: But I do know what you mean about not being able to figure out how to turn it off! I couldn't figure that one either, especially since it works just a bit differently than the ones I'm used to. I learned by doing that it just stays "on" (at the ready, really) on the dash but then resets when you turn the bike off. I don't tend to use it much on my Speed but I have cruise on both my Harleys and use the one on my Street Glide quite a lot out on the open roads on long trips. It does give my right hand and shoulder a nice break.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    Mot and service day damn the weather!! All good carried out by Taylor Brothers at Haughton near Stafford. It’s class service and workmanship at a very reasonable cost. Still piddling down as I got home.

19. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    I found the cruise control quite useful, as it allows me to text whilst riding ……;)

• Funny Funny x 7
  20. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Senior Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    Not much time today for tatting:( Took the Daytona for a quick brake test down the farm track before it goes on the road for an MOT. Brakes work but not much feel so tomorrow ill bleed them. Rear brake will lock the wheel but once again no feel in it. Biggest thing to sort is the clutch. I bled this the other day but once moving it was obvious it needs doing again as lever is too close to the bars & in an emergency stop the bike stalls as the clutch is not disengaging properly:poop::).On the positive side it ran spot on. Hopefully i can get all this sorted tomorrow then book its long overdue MOT:sweat::).
    The pic was taken a shocking 5 years ago. The last time it was out n about:(

P1000202.JPG

• Like Like x 10