Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. FellZebra

FellZebra First Class Member

Mar 9, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    A quick ride out into the Peak District which included my 50,000th mile on my Explorer.

0D1198AA-1C5A-46C6-89E7-1C578AAEF230.jpeg

EF6834CC-CF58-420E-894E-3FB1422F2D3F.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  2. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Thanks @brown mouse, yes sorry to 'jump in' but I was in the garage pondering my problem so was 'what have you been doing today'...
    To be honest I can't see that 0.7 mm would make that much difference but I think I will try to minimise that as much as possible and see if it helps.
    I didn't check before hand so no idea of pre tyre change values. I did check wheel axle bolt torque and did it to 110NM, although specified torque maybe this was a little too much so going to check that too. Thanks for your advice.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Hi @Iron thanks for your advice, I agree not the best photos. I would like to get one of those chain alignment tools that you showed, is that what their called? Thanks

5. Iron

Iron Guest

Chain alignment tool is correct :)

6. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Lots of these fake policemen appearing in villages throughout Scotland, this one has been standing just as you come into Braemar for a few months now
    20210805_140302.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    @Iron, forget the last comment I see there are plenty online, on the Speedmaster the drive chain is on the right , will I need a different tool to the one you showed or could I just turn it over? The sprocket attachment knob would be on the inside?..unless Im just being thick..

• Like Like x 1
  8. FellZebra

FellZebra First Class Member

Mar 9, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    Thank you. It did have a wash yesterday!
    It’s definitely no garage queen but I like to keep it looking reasonably tidy

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yes noticed loads of them when we were in Scotland last month..

10. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    #16030 Kinjane, Aug 5, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    My Speed Twin adjuster bolts have just over 1mm of difference between them. However with the aid of a cheap spot laser and straight edge I can easily get both wheels (and sprockets) back into perfect alignment after disturbing the rear wheel.
    The rear sprocket teeth run bang in the centre of the drive chain, which is exactly where they should be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Hi @MadMrB, I have just been looking at these Profi chain alignment tools any good?...I have a 2020 Speedmaster and was wondering if they are compatable with the sprocket, it looks quite similar to yours in terms of mounting bolts quite near to teeth and cut out sections.

12. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Thanks just looking at some laser ones now, expensive but accurate. My only worry is finding one compatable with Speedmaster rear sprocket, there doesnt seem much room to place it as mounting bolts are close to teeth and lots of cut out sections in the sprocket.

13. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    You could do worse than getting the rear tyre off the ground and spinning the wheel backwards looking for an air gap between either side of the rear sprocket teeth and the inner links of the rear chain. If you don’t, just move the adjusters until you do.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    #16034 brown mouse, Aug 6, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    I have same bike (2018 Speedmaster) and always do rear axle to 110Nm. I've had rear wheel out 5 times to change tyres in the 30,000 miles I've done. I would strongly suggest you stick to the torque specified in the owners manual.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    I found that there isn't really enough room to get alignment guides clamped on to the sprocket because of the gap to the wheel hub, I was trying to use the same one as Iron showed in his post.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Senior Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    Blimey, Gotta say im impressed with Trevor at SPRINT manufacturing!! I ordered the fuel pipes pm yesterday & they have just arrived at my door at 10.30am. Top job that man!!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. XCaTel

XCaTel Senior Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Ireland
    Fitted bar end mirrors to the Daytona

IMG_3362rot.jpg

IMG_3366.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  18. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Senior Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    Daytona 1000, still full of surprises & not nice ones! As the old gal is nearing an MOT & while the coolant was draining i thought id have a good check over the bike. Torque wrench in hand i checked all the handle bar & fork pinch bolts top to bottom. Not one was correct & some bloody scary loose. Hmmm , previous owner was a t!t so check engine mounting bolts...1 was correct, others nowhere near 95NM! Scary as ive done a few hundred miles & some rather errr briskley:eek:. Tomorrow ill do all the rear end swingarm etc.
    Sprint Manufacturing sent my fuel pipes really quickly so 10/10 to Trevor. So carbs off AGAIN:) fitted the pipes with new clips, rubbers were fine.Is it just me or is the airbox & its inlets a complete PITA to line up the two bolt holes? Ive had this thing apart more times than ive been to the toilet in my life(thats what it feels like) yet can never line these buggers up 1st time:confused: Side fairings are now back on & hope (if im allowed man cave time) to finish & run it up the farm track tomorrow.
    BEER time, cheers:grinning:

• Like Like x 5
  19. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Hi there and welcome!
    Madmrb isn’t on here anymore but I’m sure he would say a thanks and welcome too. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  20. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Senior Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    cracking day in the man cave & Daytona 1000 is now ready for an MOT:)....passing the mot maybe a different story:p

Image (1).jpeg

Image (3).jpeg

• Like Like x 14