Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    No, but a hydraulic lift would be useful......

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    • Like Like x 1
  3. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    Yep, that looks good. A real pity I don't have a garage and nowhere to store it.....

4. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I don't have the money to buy it - so we're even :(:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    this one helps slightly for us old buggers, easy stored and only 70ish quid

lift.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    That's not bad at all, considering that you can get both wheels off the floor at the same time. Do you have info about the seller, please?

7. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Hey Biggy, heres the link they were prompt and very helpful OH and free postage

• Like Like x 1
  8. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Got it MOT'd
    Front tyre's getting a bit thin and the exhaust was marked as "noisy" :rolleyes: but went through OK.

• Like Like x 1
  9. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Its actually amazing how unbalanced it can look, I must admit I haven't tried taking a wheel off and seeing if that upsets the balance but you can use it as a centre stand with both wheels on ground, so I guess if you took a wheel off youd have to prop it. and maybe loosen nuts first. I used it today to clean the bike it made things easy to reach.

10. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    well I went down to Loomies with a pocket full of change to buy all those teas, had a great ride down, took the a3100 from Guildford then a286 onto a 272, first time I have been that way, its a nice ride. sat and drank tea for too long basking in the heat of the sun then had a chilly ride home

11. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Just got home from my trip to the West Country and West Wales. I've had some great rides and stopped in some pretty good B&B's. The bike performed beautifully as usual and I covered 1061 miles in the last five days. I'm having tomorrow off and then on Friday I'm off to Chichester to meet up with my misses. Of course I will take the scenic route and avoid the motorways where possible. The weather doesn't look to promising but we shall see.

• Like Like x 1
  12. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Crispey thanks very much for the linky. There seems to be a far amount of variations - which one have you got please?

Dave

13. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Hi Biggy this is the one I have PRESS I bought it as it looked as though it would fold flatter than the other similar one, I only have a shed, no garage [​IMG] should you get one just be careful when assembling the release pedal, it is quite easy to strip the thread if you over tighten the retaining screw.

14. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Well fortunately I have a shed - 5mx5m - but just a dirt floor at the mo', waiting for a flood of euros to come in so I can concrete it. Then extend it until it becomes 9mx8m - then we'll have some fun !!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Had an excellent run to Chichester. No problems what so ever. Very glad to be with the misses after a two week break.
    We are off to the local chippy for a fish supper.:)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    I have been doing my 30 mile commute into London every day for the last three weeks and she has been purring along perfectly.
    Last weekend I installed a new chain and sprockets, I have opted for 1 less tooth on the front and one more on the rear, this has increased the torque nicely and made London driving a lot smoother, as I was never going to get near the top speed on the original sprockets, losing that element is not a problem for me.
    I opted for the DID 530 ZVMX standard 106 links chain

Another addition is the Scottoiler V system which I installed myself, (to keep the new chain and sprockets in tip top condition) took all of 1 hour as it was the first time I had removed the tank and air box to access the inner workings, necessary to fit the vacuum pipe.
    I now need to run it for a week and keep adjusting the flow until it is right.

Yesterday I booked her in with the Triumph guys at Hughenden M40 near Oxford for her 12k full service, the expensive one where the shims get checked (and replaced at £5 each if needed!)

Also queried about handlebar risers, my 6ft frame isn't the best suited to the standard height bars. For the decent 30mm up and 25mm back (towards the seat) it may be near £45 quids, ouch!, but would make the ride much more comfortable.

At last the weather is getting warmer and I so looking forward to some weekend riding on the A-roads

Oh, one last addition, I bought some Motorbike gear from Lidl, yes, the discount supermarket, they have a motorbike top and trousers for absorbing sweat and keeping the skin cool for wearing under leathers. I tried them on and yes, it is pretty much fancy Lycra but I have to admit there was some perceived cooling effect. I also looked like a character in Tron with all the patterned material, looked quite futuristic. About £10 for the top and same for the bottoms.

17. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Had a real freaky day out today. Gale force winds, hail storms, rain and sunshine.
    Got clobbered by a branch blown off a tree. The visor and helmet took the full brunt of the impact. I was doing 50 mph at the time and I was nearly knocked off the bike. I managed to maintain control and after stopping found that my jacket had been ripped open on the left shoulder and upper arm. The armour was visible through the jacket. No physical injuries to myself but it was quite a shock all the same.
    I rather think that my helmet will need replacing and I might also replace the jacket. Oh the joys of riding.

18. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Blimey that was a rough day - hope you're alright?

19. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Took the Sprint Sports to work on Friday and noticed that the bike sounded a bit different and when I got to work I found that the right hand silencer had cracked all the way around the weld from the pipe, There was no way I could weld it as it was pretty much buggered ..... Had a quick check on the system at work for a replacement..... £65 .... bonus it was on the heritage parts deal. Oh well then how much for the left hand silencer then??? £325 :eek: .. Maybe not then.
    So just ordered the right one yesterday it turned up in the parts delivery today and fitted it to the bike tonight. Job Done ;)

20. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Absolutely fine. Just getting ready to go to JTS to sort out a new helmet and jacket. The wind has dropped and it's nice and sunny but cold.