Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    Agree, Myrouteapp is brilliant software.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    How's that done? Is that using a PC and USB cable? Or mobile phone and bluetooth? Or something different?

3. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    I can't get the Bluetooth to work on my PC so I use a USB cable from PC to the Tom Tom and I can then share it to other riders via Bluetooth.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Or you can make the route on a PC, log on to MRA on your phone and send by bluetooth.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    A naughty little ride-out together...
    20210717_185505.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  6. TomMarshall

TomMarshall Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2019
    Bristol
  7. Iron

Iron Guest

I watched until he ran out of smoke and headed back to Gloucester. This was the finished artwork, really quite something.

00001a.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. FellZebra

FellZebra First Class Member

Mar 9, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    A few hours in the Peak District on the Thruxton R
    Not as busy as you might expect on a sunny Saturday. Happy to be able to make good progress this afternoon!
    Picture is on road up Mam Nick and Vale of Edale in background.

67A25B4E-056F-40F0-ADE3-E975D18E2EDF.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  9. Aaron Brown

Aaron Brown apprentice mad reclusive genius

Mar 8, 2021
    Austin, TX, USA
    As a matter of fact, that's the only way I've been able to get full routes (as opposed to tracks), with waypoints. And then, only if I export the route from the myroute-app website as a .ITN file, and transfer it to the TomTom Rider via a drag-drop operation to an installed SD memory card when the sat nav device is physically connected via USB cable. And then, only in my Windows virtual machine (I run macOS, which apparently is unsupported for direct file copies).

I've yet to find any way to wirelessly transfer a route with waypoints to the device and have it not end up as a brainless track with no waypoints. I know, I know: first world problems :)

At least there IS a way to do it, even if it's not the most convenient in the world. It'd be very nice if the TomTom MyDrive app actually sent waypoints to the device when you tell it to send the route you're working on to the sat nav.

I will definitely say that I like the TomTom for helping me find new winding and not-the-fastest-but-definitely-more-interesting ways to some of my favorite places. Its back road route picker is very nice for that, once you convince it that you don't want to be on the highways or the interstates or the toll roads, and you really are not looking for the fastest route there.

/grumble.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Aaron Brown

Mar 8, 2021
    Austin, TX, USA
    Since I was running a power line for the new TomTom sat nav, I went ahead and wired in a Fuzeblocks FZ-1 power distribution block under the seat, so that anything I add later on that requires power from the bike will be that much easier to wire. I've got one on each of my bikes - I add it the first time I have to wire in power for anything on a new bike. So much better than having 50 sets of ring terminals hanging off the battery, or a bunch of destructive taps into existing wires.

IMG_0423.png

https://www.fuzeblocks.com/Fuzeblocks-FZ-1-Distribution-Block_p_1.html

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    After my recent 30k/3 year service, they didn’t do a warrant of fitness, so I took it to a motorcycle garage. Rear tyre, front brakes, and fork seal fail :weary_face:
    So this weekend was fork oil and seals Saturday and front brake cleanup, fluid and pad replacement Sunday :p

A319772B-0ED1-4A50-B857-4E2DC0DF2222.jpeg

90EA122A-EDA1-44D9-8292-8F8FAD348CE7.jpeg

D2768898-A8AF-46A2-AC0D-9547E37ABB18.jpeg

5E7723B8-F0A9-425D-8D23-AB5331F7837F.jpeg

First time using my seal driver was a dream:sun:
    7E5671D4-A445-44FA-A5BF-60F860CD777A.jpeg

With 10w fork oil, I will have to reset the damping
    0F1C7534-B836-4E44-9F40-27D8DE1DBBF0.jpeg

Sintered HH replacements :heart_eyes:
    3CE75E0B-47BF-4126-80C9-36D3A4DBA23D.jpeg

With new tyres, plugs, filters and fluids, it just needs rear shoes to be new :cool:

• Like Like x 10
  12. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    I much prefer using tracks instead of waypoints, works much better IMO, especially if you go off route.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Took speedy for a run this morning, and stopped at this folly. For some reason it is called "The Owl Tower.. " :joy:
    20210718_111240.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Up early for run this morning on the Thruxton R. Quite warm when I left the house at 08:30hs, and really hot by the time I got home at 11:30hs. Loads of bikes out and about and a high police presence in Shropshire and Cheshire.
    I stopped J&S on my way home.

Edit: photo failed TP load….

• Like Like x 6
  15. Daffy

Daffy Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2020
    Attleborough Norfolk
    The pond was very busy yesterday, so I decided to go for a ride to try out the new suspension settings as you do :p
    20210717_145946.jpg 20210717_145926.jpg 20210717_143606.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  16. Aaron Brown

Mar 8, 2021
    Austin, TX, USA
    #15896 Aaron Brown, Jul 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    I like tracks for the case where I'm going to a single destination, and I don't want it to potentially reroute while I'm riding (for traffic, accidents, road closures, etc).

I also like tracks for when I'm following someone else's potentially complicated or strict path (like one of the Backcountry Discovery Routes spread across the USA, where you *really* don't want to end up off the track).

For longer planned trips like a week-long excursion, I prefer to set waypoints for where I'm going to stop each night, and then allow for rerouting between the waypoints (for side jaunts, or as road conditions change).

TL;DR - I think there's a case for both :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Richard Goss

Richard Goss Senior Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Newbury
    Busy at The Super Sausage this morning.
    Even had to detour on the way home because apparently there was a car race on.

IMG_2299(2).jpg

• Like Like x 8
  18. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Wow, Richard! I'd say "busy" is an understatement! Looks like a beautiful day for both a motorcycle ride and a car race. :cool::sun::)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Richard Goss

Richard Goss Senior Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Newbury
    And that was at nine o’clock. I never did get breakfast as the queue was too long ☹️.
    Nice roads but a lot of Sunday drivers ☹️.
    They even had a parking attendant LoL

• Like Like x 2
  20. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #15900 Sandi T, Jul 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    Today's planned ride was a bust due to rain. Disappointing but we'll take rain whenever we can get it here in our drought-stricken desert.

Yesterday I rode my Speed Triple and met up with two riding buddies. We rode to both the Harley dealership and the Triumph dealership. It's always fun to see if my Triumph generates any interest when it's parked in front of Tucson H-D. Those two purple parking spaces to the left of my bike are reserved for combat wounded veterans.
    IMG_1153.jpeg

Today I came out to see another "outlier" parked right next to me. :joy: I chatted with the owner for a bit. Turns out he had sold most of his extensive MC collection fairly recently at the urging of his wife. But now that he's done that she wants him to buy a touring bike. Evidently some friends of theirs have started doing motorcycle touring and she wants to join them.
    IMG_1159.jpeg

Tucson H-D currently has a unique bike on the showroom floor, a 2021 Electra Glide Revival, the first release in what they are calling their Icons Collection. While interesting to look at and I like the idea of reviving iconic models, this bike is NOT for me. And I felt even more strongly about that after sitting on it. That seat is useless--for me anyway.
    IMG_1150.jpeg

This was sitting on the counter at the Motorclothes Department checkout counter and made me laugh. :joy:
    IMG_1142.jpeg

One of the riding buddies I met up with today has been jonesing for a Softail Street Bob for some time now. Our dealership rarely has one in stock but got this one in recently and it's in the color he wants, too. I'm not sure why he doesn't just go for it. He certainly has enough encouragement from all of his friends who love spending OPM (Other People's Money). ;) He test rode this model and loved it back last fall when I test rode the Low Rider S that I wound up buying.
    IMG_1149.jpeg

After leaving Tucson H-D we rode over to Arizona Kawasaki--KTM--Triumph which is a short six mile ride south via Interstate 10. I left a little before my buddies because one of them had to do something at the dealership with a service concern (fob-related). I lucked out and got the only sliver of shade in the whole parking lot.
    IMG_1163.jpeg

We were hoping that AZ-AAK had gotten one of the new Speedmasters in. No such luck. But we had fun looking around nonetheless. My two guy buddies had an especially good time looking around! I told them they were like little boys in a candy store. ;) The friend on the left is a "Harley Only" guy but he found the Triumph lineup pretty interesting--particularly the Rocket 3's. :) The friend on the right used to have a 2013 Speedmaster and is a Triumph fan although he doesn't own one at the moment. He in particular was hoping to see the new Speedmaster in person. Hmmm, the Speedmaster or the Street Bob??
    IMG_1177.jpeg

IMG_1169.jpeg

This was what drew my eye today. It's just so darned cute! I wish now that I'd sat on it "for size".
    IMG_1164.jpeg

IMG_1166.jpeg

• Like Like x 13