Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

Well, that phone box contains bookshelves, so one might hope there would be a workshop manual for your bike in there :grinning:.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    Strangely I also found a phone box in the middle of a tiny village in the country today. It had a telephone inside! Dont think it had been used in years as it didnt smell of piss

IMG_5171-2-2-2.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 5
  3. Iron

Iron Guest

Looks like ye olde posh Zumerzet village folk look after their phone boxes better than those people of the Corn. Books only but quite well painted. I like the original peely patina'd one with the beaten track through the undergrowth though.

4. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Today Tigger was taken out for a quick spin - first time since it’s big service.

Before starting out, I noticed a squeak (real one this time) when wheeling it out of the garage. On hands and knees checking the brake pads (first guess at the problem) I noticed the ABS sensor was rubbing against the metal disk on the wheel. Turns out what I thought was a washer was a spacer. That was fixed quickly (and cheaply) by reinstalling properly.

The ride was awesome. Riding Tigger was like riding on a cloud - it was precise like a skate on ice, and absorbed quite significant bumps and potholes (that I couldn’t avoid) with aplomb. Virtually no vibration through the handle bars. A totally new experience.

I have had this bike since new and it has never been like this!

Since manufacture it’s had mismatched forks and (for a long time) buggered bearings that no professional mechanic found (but may have caused).

No wonder it was as wild as a mustang on acid before.

I‘m delighted with the transformation.

It’s now like a lamb on diazepam.

• Like Like x 13
  5. Iron

Iron Guest

See, gotta do it all yourself. You do it at your leisure, it's a lot cheaper and you do it properly cause it's your beloved. Simples.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    out for coffee nice day for a change

IMG_4534.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  7. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    Nice weather, new jacket.
    Perfect for after work ride. 250 km on Wednesday evening, 100km yesterday just after getting my second jab.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    You know the rules @Hubaxe , pictures or it didn't happen :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    Then officially for internet world it didn't happened. :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    283E1F18-8C02-4EBC-A99E-8A22E52047EB.jpeg Weather crap so took the car for a full English :):)

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
  12. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Where's the tomatoes and fried bread?

13. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I don't do tomatoes or fried bread, they are bad for you....;):):)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
  15. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep….

16. Iron

Iron Guest

#15816 Iron, Jul 4, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2021
    I found myself short of a useable or working motorcycle today so had to go out for a walk instead. I seem to live near some sort of magic Goblin wood.

aaaf.jpg

aaag.jpg

Found the Somerset Dragon lurking in the woods

aaaj.jpg

So, immediately shot home and got me spanners out.

IMG_2565.JPG

Phew, much better :no_mouth:

• Like Like x 16
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    Went on my first and probably last group ride of more than one other person. Started out great as it was six of us, a Honda cruiser, my Street Cup, a Thruxton, one Daytona, and a couple older Bonnies. I was invited to the ride, showed up and no one could decide where to go, so they all looked to me to decide. I had no idea who was riding or their skill level. We then proceeded to ride, first part was through populated rural areas and some city riding to get to the mountains. I stayed in back at first to see how everyone was doing, and these bellends were doing 70mph through neighborhood streets. I let them go. We finally met up at the mountains and I was forced to take lead in the twisties, since no one else wanted to. This route went through unpopulated very technical roads, where I ride best. I constantly had to shut down and wait for everyone including the Daytona so they wouldn’t miss a turn. These same riders that were tearing up the streets couldn’t ride the curves. I was so frustrated from not being able to focus on my own ride because of all the attention I was paying on everyone else it was the worst ride I’ve ever had. If I ever get daft enough to go on another group ride and this starts to happen again I’m leaving. I guess I really enjoy the alone time my bike gives me. Lesson learned, and it really shows it’s not the bike, but the rider. I think I’m going out for a ride alone with the voices in my head. Sorry for the long rant, I guess this will be what I’m NOT doing with my Triumph again. Ever.

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Aaron Brown

Aaron Brown apprentice mad reclusive genius

Mar 8, 2021
    Austin, TX, USA
    I'm with ya. I detest group rides, and very much prefer riding by myself, or at most with one or two of my good friends whose riding skills I know well.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  19. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    95% of my biking is on my own. Not a fan of large groups at all. I have to laugh at people, full leathers, race rep bike with all the stickers, bling bits everywhere, loud exhaust and normally revving and showing off to others... on closer inspection they all have huge chicken strips! All show, no go. Probably very fast in a straight line :laughing:

• Like Like x 5
  20. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    Totally agree. Two or three is the magic numbers, four at most if they are similar minded riders. Group ride with people I don’t know….never . Been there and done that and agree with all your thoughts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1