Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I know what you mean. I really do need to get them boxes down and sort through them. I’m sure there are loads of stuff the charity shop can use/sell

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    I am applying for planning permission to build a new detached car port type garage on an existing drive. This will be linked to the house with a glazed roof to form a “summer room” ( for the two days of summer we get here. It will be linked to the existing garage, where the bikes are stored. If it goes through the planning process I will have more room for boxes…….or bikes…! However it will be a man cave type arrangement so some of my existing boxes will have to go elsewhere as I won’t want them on display… So in reality I will have more room but have storage for less boxes.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Richard Goss

Richard Goss Senior Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Newbury
    Nice 130 mile ride today via the Super Sausage. Updated route was much better than last time and even managed to stop off at the H Cafe (Berinsfield) on the way home,

IMG_2261 v2.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  4. Iron

Iron Guest

#15744 Iron, Jun 12, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2021
    Just finished a couple of bits on the Bonnie and sat around contemplating how hot it is in the garage :sweat:

00001a.jpg

00001.jpg

• Like Like x 11
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    FYI Not for here I know but le mans 24hr bikes is on eurosport 2 now.
    Worth a watch and as an added bonus, avoids football.
    Win win!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    I’ll be at the Super Sausage in the morning..! I hope your route took in the A413 from Aylesbury to Buckingham. Known locally as gods road. It’s quick and has good visibility and flowing bends. The MV and me will be seeing it around 07.00 tomorrow!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Richard Goss

Richard Goss Senior Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Newbury
    Indeed it did. Last time I let the Sat Nav pick a medium twisty route and whilst it took me via some lovely little villages the roads were more suited to a trail bike than my Street Cup with ace bars and rearsets.
    Maybe time to get an additional little scrambler type bike :)

8. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    I’m sorry, but every time I see “Super Sausage” the 13 year me giggles at the mental image of a really inappropriate super hero! :joy:

• Funny Funny x 7
  9. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Mate and I chose what we thought would be a quiet route today with being cloudy. Up through Ulpha, over Birker Fell then back down the coast for a brew in Bootle. Somebody must have closed the M6-it was mental busy ove Birker. Managed to get a snap without cars :)
    IMG_20210613_095804257_HDR_compress60.jpg
    Bleak but still pretty:grinning:
    Not the best roads for a Speedy but good to be out.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    My missus calls the cafe the “ Slimy Sausage”…..:p . The food is great. It’s a good destination and great roads..! Some nice bikes up there today …

6AC98EAF-BC78-4120-AF4B-354C25F513FA.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  11. Aaron Brown

Aaron Brown apprentice mad reclusive genius

Mar 8, 2021
    Austin, TX, USA
    Added an adjustable, folding shifter from sw-motech, so I don’t snap the shifter peg off if I drop it hard on the left.

Also added a set of pivotpegz to better distribute weight when standing up. The stock set of pegs on a Tiger really are small and slippery.

14DE8A06-F543-4424-AE16-6AD6DC2E916F.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  12. Stephen Martin

Stephen Martin Senior Member

Aug 31, 2020
    Isle of Wight
    Went out for a run and bumped into this old boy.
    20210614_160304.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  13. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    We had two folks on our Sunday ride yesterday that hadn't been out with us for well over a year. It was great to reconnect and catch up over breakfast at one of our two go-to Covid-era breakfast places, Oracle Patio Cafe. Today we lucked out and were seated in what I call the Breakfast Cabana. Nice and shady--good thing because when we left the gas station at 7:45am to ride up there it was already nearly 90ºF! :scream:

It really felt odd talking to the friends we'd not seen in so long. We all realized that our sense of time is somewhat warped now and it was strange to try to share all that's happened in our lives over the past year and a half over an hour's worth of breakfast time.

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 10.37.31 PM.png

The two that hadn't been out with us wanted to check out our buddy's new H-D Pan American before we got back on the bikes after breakfast. The motorcycles represented in today's group included the Pan American, my Speed Triple RS, two BMS 1250 GS's, an H-D Road Glide Ultra, and an H-D Heritage Classic.
    IMG_0025.jpeg

I was happy to be out on my Speed Triple today. :grinning::heart_eyes: I do think I need to put my tail bag back on, though. I thought I'd only need it during the cold(er) winter months. It's tough to stow everything I'd like to have with me in my pockets and hip bag. But I so like the simplicity of my bike with just the tail section on it. And a backpack is out for me--especially in the heat. It's bad enough having a back protector in my mesh riding jacket that blocks that nice breeze that can come through in other parts of the jacket.
    IMG_0026.jpeg

Three of us added on what we call the Webb Road Dogleg while the others begged off and rode straight home after breakfast. They did mention that it was too hot. Hmmm, wimps. On the other hand, maybe they were on to something! :joy:
    IMG_0032.PNG

Interestingly the temperature on Triumph's display was quite different and quite tame compared to the reading on my iPhone's weather app. But based on other sources, the bike's gauge was the one that was off. I wish it was the other way around. 99ºF is balmy compared to 10º hotter. :cool::sun: Time to break out the cooling vest for the season!
    IMG_0030.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  14. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    111…..and that is measured in the shade I would imagine…what it must be in direct sunlight I can’t imagine. Here, our roads would melt. We have been up to 83-84 over the last couple of days and on the back roads I see some evidence of the tar suffering already. I bet your saddle becomes a bum burner if left in the sun….:dizzy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stephen Martin

Stephen Martin Senior Member

Aug 31, 2020
    Isle of Wight
    My first bike was a C15 I also had scramble bars fitted, great bike although was always working on it. For some reason I painted the frame metallic yellow, mudguards oil tank etc metallic red, and the petrol tank metallic green. At the time I thought it was the dogs I look back now and think what the hell was I thinking. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. SpeedyR

SpeedyR Member

Apr 27, 2021
    South Africa
    Hi, getting what looks like the same mirrors from HJR products, how are you finding those mirrors? No slipping etc? Fitting to a 2015 Speed Triple

17. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    They're excellent mate - easy fit and no vibration at all. Very sturdy, no slipping either.

• Like Like x 1
  18. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    Headed off to the seaside with Mrs Mouse today. I took a slightly quicker route than I normally ride to go that way, using lots of A roads, so 'only' 2 and a half hours each way. Mrs Mouse approved as she didn't get queezy which she sometimes does on the quiet but bumpy back roads I normally like to ride.

The beech was very quiet and we spent several hours relaxing, listening to the sounds of the waves. Unfortunately there was a brisk sea breeze and it felt cold even with blue skies, so it was jumper wearing weather rather than the swimming weather which we came prepared for. We had a great day anyway. :)

1.jpg

• Like Like x 13
    • Love You Love You x 1
  19. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I love that mouse! :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Spin round the Lakes this evening, three Triumphs and two Kawasakis. Lovely!
    Roads were busy in places but still managed to 'make progress' at times :grinning::grinning:
    A Triumph threesome. The oil is not from the Scrambler but it was mentioned that it now looks like a proper Triumph!
    IMG_20210615_193641199_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1