Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    I think it works....

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Steve T.

Steve T. Active Member

Dec 6, 2020
    Northern British Columbia
    Anything with an R3 would be a coffee table book!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    20210416_151739.jpg Went on a 120 mile shopping trip...

• Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    You are a lucky boy sir.
    Bike, sun and a good place, all in one shot. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    The long way 'round, eh, Vulpes?! ;):sun::cool: Lovely photo--even lovelier bike. :)

image.png

image.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Well, it was the quick way there and the long way back actually @Sandi T ... and thanks for the compliment - I'm very fond of my bike! It was an expensive shopping trip though... o_O

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    But worth it on every level, I'll wager. ;):)

8. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Absolutely! (and the wife will be pleased...)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    So much the better, Vulpes! :D Perhaps I should send Mr. Sandi out on a shopping trip. :) Although if it involves a ride I'd rather go with him. :sun::cool: Did the shopping trip involve diamonds, alcohol, or chocolate? "A girl's best friend" and all that. :blush: Well, I guess that saying just includes the diamonds part. Personally, though I'd include the last two. And motorcycle parts and gear would also be on my "best friends" list. :joy:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Well, the trip involved a bike for her actually (look for my thread in "Lounge"). and as she's not got her license yet I had to test ride it for her - what a hardship... :joy:

• Like Like x 4
  11. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    They look great. Cant quite make out the logo and looking for some for the GS. What brand are they please?

12. Ricardodaforce

Ricardodaforce Active Member

Oct 30, 2020
    Cardiff
    hi

they are Givi Canyon 709 bags.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Wow, that is SOOOO exciting! Way better (at least from my perspective) than any selection or combination of diamonds, booze, and chocolate. I'll look for your "Lounge" thread--I'm so curious what bike it is. And, boo-hoo, so sorry that you had to test ride it. ;):joy:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    End of a week in vacation. In France we can't go further that 10 km (6,25 miles) around home (lockdown restriction).
    Made a circle on the map and found out that I could achieve a pretty good ride within the restriction.
    Yesterday's one was up to le Mont Revard and down through la Feclaz.
    I achieved 70 km in a 10 km circle, mostly alone on the roads :). Also went from 15°C down to 0°C in 20 minutes.

upload_2021-4-17_8-58-13.png

Le Mont Blanc is somewhere hidden by the clouds in the left of the picture.

• Like Like x 13
  15. Baldrick174

Baldrick174 Active Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Boscastle, Cornwall
    Took the T595 for MOT yesterday. Failed on stiff spot on the chain. Garage had chain in stock so I gave them the go ahead to replace it. They then came and told me that the adjuster was seized and they couldn't do it there and then. Decided to bring it home and see what I could do. Pulled up on the driveway then plumes of smoke coming from under the tank. It has now got an oil leak somewhere near the front lower part of the engine (oil on exhaust and front of belly pan). When it rains, it pours and that is in beautiful sunshine. Off to the mancave now.

• Like Like x 6
  16. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    Today I checked the rear tyre pressure.

OK, I guess I should make this a little more interesting ;) so lets got back two days when I was to meet up with a couple of friends I hadn't seen in ages. I set off early to take a scenic 3 hour ride to the meetup and had a lovely time until 20 miles to go when I heard and felt a thrum, thrum, thrum from the bike; bugger. I pulled over, prodded tyres which seemed OK, panniers weren't loose, couldn't spot anything wrong so set off again but as soon as I got to some speed it started again. I was on an empty road but could see an isolated garage ahead so limped to there. By now it was obvious that I had a flat and could hear air escaping from around the valve. I have tubed tyres so was surprised the air lasted about a mile of riding. Then I saw a guy in blue overalls push a motorcycle onto the forecourt and it turned out the garage was also an MOT station and dealt with bikes too! So 2 hours later I had a patched inner tube and tyre and was riding through the Lincolnshire Wolds with my friends :)

Before heading home at the end of the day I though I should pull in to a garage and check tyre pressure and was shocked to find it was 1.0bar (14psi) I inflated it to my usual 2.7bar and couldn't hear any air escaping so carefully set off. A few miles later at the next garage the pressure was essentially the same as what I inflated it too so continued home checking it a couple of more times by feel. Once home I over inflated it and today found the pressure unchanged, so it seems the repair is good. I can't believe the tyre was originally given such a low pressure so perhaps a bit of muck got in the valve causing a slow leak and was dislodged by filling it? Or the patch hadn't cured properly?

As I have spare space in my panniers I have now put my spare inner tube, electric pump and pressure gauge in it. It's what I do for touring, but will now do for day trips too.

• Like Like x 9
    • Useful Useful x 2
  17. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Quick spin out during a spare hour or so to give new gloves a try. Seem pretty good :)
    Local roads and lanes finally called at Roa Island where the local RNLI station is.
    Lifeboat station on left and the ancient Pixel Castle on the island ahead (apologies for crap photo!)
    IMG_20210417_151211775_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  18. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Crap photo? Looks cracker to me :cool:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Me and the grandson had an epic day today. We started with a new helmet from J&S. And then off to Ma Bakers for a bacon butty.
    FBE445A0-D8F9-4364-A37D-A53CA09CD0D3.jpeg
    then we set off for the Ponderosa via Ellesmere and the A5 to Llangollen before getting to the ponderosa.
    386EE9A4-884D-462D-AD37-82D8292DC905.jpeg
    Back in the road to Chester over the moors and then down to Oulton Park.
    7F1B21A7-937E-43C6-B60D-DA53EA621967.jpeg
    We then took a long route through the back lanes for home. Cracking day out and quality time with my grandson...

• Like Like x 17
    • Love You Love You x 1
  20. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Looks like a cracker day was had! Was your grandson riding pillion or does he have a bike? I have a pic from the exact same spot :)
    20180712_081921.jpg

• Like Like x 9