Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Greywolf55

Greywolf55 Noble Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Duluth ,Ga
    Enjoyed two days of riding after several days of rain (Yeah it washed away the pollen!) 78F (26C)

April Ride 2021.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  2. Martine

Martine Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2020
    Athens Georgia
    @capt, very glad you are able to tell us about this (since that means you *can* tell us about it)! And the fact that you are concerned about your bike gives a little insight into your progress on healing, I think. Godspeed on complete healing and my sympathy to your wife on her part in the ordeal. Also glad it sounds like your friend is healing. Empathy on the nausea from pain killers. I saw your later post in which you said you're forgoing them now. Continued prayers for you and your medical team.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Further to my last.
    My Accident Claim with my insurance company hasn't ""Arrived"" so nothing has been accepted/actioned yet !?!? But get this , my mate has been informed about a week ago his bike written OFF ! Nothing known about my bike.
    And I received an email from my insurance company , I Am being held liable for the damage to my mate's Harley ... Yet my friend just informed me (SMS) his claim hasn't gone through/in yet ?????
    There shit happening without people being informed/contacted !!
    Rang the Police to talk to the Traffic Patrol officer who felt with the "Accident Scene" He isn't available until this afternoon 11:56am currently.

More to follow...

cheers capt

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Wow, sounds like a mess, @capt. I certainly you get it sorted--and well sorted--soon so you don't have to fret about that on top of recovering from your injuries. :worried:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Martine

Martine Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2020
    Athens Georgia
    Had thought I'd get in a ride Thursday...no.

Forwent a longer ride Friday for lunch with a friend instead; thinking I'd squeeze in a short ride afterwards I skipped the lunchtime deal on wine...friend acted like a jerk during lunch AND I ended up with no time to ride (really wished I'd had the wine then).

Saturday it was forecasted to start raining at 1pm so we decided (okay, I strongly coerced my reluctant and forecast-doubting HH) to pop out on a scenic ride to see my brother and be back before the rain started. HH went to pull out our bikes while I pulled on my gear; I walked outside to find my bike out and him not quite ready. While standing there waiting for him it started to sprinkle, which I declared was just a teaser. Not so convinced, HH still hadn't gotten out his bike. I couldn't take just putting up my bike and said I'd ride around the block while he got out his bike. I figured I'd show that the rain would stop while on my short jaunt and then not start in earnest until 1pm (remember the forecast).

That short, sweet, slow ride around my neighborhood was glorious...and wet. The light rain dampened my hair and mildly stung as I raised my face to the breeze and breathed in the sweet smells of rain and azaleas. Simple and delightful.

When I pulled back in the driveway, it showed no sign of slackening and HH hadn't pulled out his bike. Having enjoyed this "wetting" of my appetite for a ride, I conceded the day to the rain and happily dried my bike. I used an old towel I recalled having used on my babies after their baths. How sweet it was to use it again on one of my "babies." HH confessed he hadn't wanted to get out his bike just to have to clean it for next to nothing.
    27427451443301.jpg

We headed back in the house where we had margaritas and watched the rain pour down so heavy it overflowed the gutters and flooded the patio.

Sunday was a scrubbed clean, fresh, sunny day! Rode the scenic 15 miles to see my brother and then took the long way home. He was surprised when I told him it was 85 miles getting home from his house:cool:. Sorry no pics of the ride...got too busy riding:blush:.

• Like Like x 17
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Picked up a this beautiful 67 T120R in the van today for a pre summer check over, shame i can't keep it [​IMG]

20210413_155636.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  7. Steve T.

Steve T. Active Member

Dec 6, 2020
    Northern British Columbia
    Finally temperature is above 5C so went for a trundle into the mountains today. Since I got the bike out of hibernation it's been miserable with snow, rain and wind for the last couple of weeks
    THERAPY that works!

IMG_0275 (2).JPG

IMG_0278 (2).JPG

• Like Like x 12
  8. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Not today but yesterday morning I took the T509 out for a nice bimble around Kenilworth, due to covid I have only used it a handful of times so a bit rusty, that's me not the bike. God I love the sound and power of that triple engine, ok it ain't a fireblade or panigale but its quick enough for me. Handling didnt feel right and I thought it was down to me not riding enough so I rode back to my garage. Parked up and saw why it felt strange, a large screw in the centre of the tread on my rear tyre, GRRRRR. Oh well it gave me a chance to try out my unused tubeless tyre repair kit. I've never used one before, my old bikes from way back had inner tubes so I was quite pleased to find out how easy it was, apart from getting the needle and rubber string into the hole initially, must be getting weak in my old age, lol.
    Gonna leave the bike for a couple of days now to see if it loses any pressure but I tested it and it seemed fine. My garage is not at my house by the way otherwise I would be out there checking all the time. Nice day for riding today but need to cut the grass.

• Like Like x 10
  9. sprintdave

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Lol yes doctor i did give it a ream and lube up. Just turning into a wimp in my old age

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. sprintdave

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
  11. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Wee loop of Aberfeldy today, stopped off at Loch Na creige on the A826
    20210414_150751.jpg

• Like Like x 14
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yet another beautiful photo, @Dougie D! So when is the coffee table book being published? ;) I'd like to reserve my copy now please. :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    There’s an Aberfeldy scotch that I have. Is it from that area?

14. Ricardodaforce

Ricardodaforce Active Member

Oct 30, 2020
    Cardiff
    Today I fitted the panniers to the bike for the first time.

617844C4-9FB3-49D1-B98E-77126CA7029B.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  15. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    There is a distillery in Aberfeldy Dewars own it, I'm guessing they do an Aberfeldy scotch but not sure

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Found some cheap (brilliant condition) white panels for the matt rs. I suppose I’ve always preferred the white one secretly.
    So, fitted them and only the tank left, which is obviously on the expensive side....
    However, after looking at it (and a couple of “lemonades..) I actually quite like it as is?
    I’ve ordered a baglux white tank cover anyway (I already had the black) as it’s cheaper than a tank (£144 motolegends)
    Thoughts on ok or not?

DD355193-39CA-4836-9C20-B51BAC30D148.jpeg

370725EE-BC65-4837-AF48-BE2873C7F954.jpeg

0CF9A26E-7124-4EEB-9751-9DA9437BB131.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  17. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Very smart, the white tank cover should set the bike off well :):)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    I took today off work. In the morning I went for a Go Ape Segway session with my son. It was brilliant, my son is 14 and has epilepsy, but he's having a good spell and he was brilliant on the Segway. Then I went out on my Bonnie, they are such great bikes, really easy to ride and just a pleasure. Not fast by modern standards, and mine weighs a lot less than a standard one, but still able to get up and go. Now I'm mildly pissed as I decided to have an early drink to celebrate. Greta day!

• Like Like x 7
  19. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    4 drinks early if it's a greta day!!! ;):)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    I did say I was mildly pissed, great day!

• Funny Funny x 3