Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Yesterday as I wanted to put back the wheels after new tires fitted, I noticed one fork leg with oily fork joint..
    So ordered a pair and will change the guilty before putting the bike on wheels again.
    The real guilty is not the joint but me, I changed them last summer, and forced too much with a wrong tool on that one. I probably harmed the joint. That's called "experience" : unamused:
    So today will be left fork leg removal and disassembling.
    Don(t mind, it's full of snow outside and I can't ride :)

• Like Like x 7
  2. Mark9

Mark9 Noble Member

Jul 13, 2020
    Derby
    Dismantled and sorted the rear brake calliper on my M900, one ride on salted roads had caused it to corrode between the edges of the pads and the calliper body and start sticking, despite washing and blow drying the callipers on return from the ride, nasty stuff salt!.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    #15003 Ducatitotriumph, Feb 14, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    shido lithium battery and optimate lithium charger ordered for the speed rs.
    Delivery tomorrow from sportsbikeshop and £122 all in.
    Actually can't wait to see/feel the difference in lightness and power!

EDIT: 1 day later...
    Wowsa. The weight saving is incredible and you genuinely think the lithium ion battery is a joke when you get it out of the box as it's sooooo bloody light! Seriously.
    As for the cranking over, it's quite a bit quicker (but the bike started fine with the lead acid one to be fair) and all on the new charger, waiting for next weekend..... 14 deg c....
    I know that others (chargers) will work but it's got a 3 year warranty so I wanted to get the correct trickle charge into it and not "shock" it all of the time like the lead-acid chargers would.
    All in, very impressed. £122 well spent.

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
  4. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    #15004 Vulpes, Feb 14, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    Well, I got the old reg/rec out (the bottom bolt is a right bu##er to get to). Sadly the new one is slightly thicker, so the bolts are now too short. I now have to see where I can get slightly longer ones, nothing in any of my boxes the right size.
    The good news is both connections are plug and play, so no soldering needed!

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Mark9

Mark9 Noble Member

Jul 13, 2020
    Derby
    reminds me of when I first picked up a Shido battery on their stand at a bike show, it was so light that I assumed it was an empty plastic box just for display purposes:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    After trying to find Motul coolant locally I ended up going with another option that was recommended on other Triumph forums. A local bike repair shop that does all brands and has been around since 1980 had Honda Type 2 coolant in stock, and said they use it in all liquid cooled bikes they work on. It is HOAT, silicate free, and has the same protection as the magic Truimph stuff. Neat part is I got a gallon of the 50/50 premix for the same price as a quart of the Triumph branded stuff.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    You sir, are totally right. I thought the same when it arrived!

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Stephen Martin

Stephen Martin Senior Member

Aug 31, 2020
    Isle of Wight
    bugger went out and uncovered the bikes the poor old TZR has suffered some corrosion over the winter so come the better weather it looks like some parts will need to be taken off for a proper clean and polish. following advise from the forum I have purchased some FS 365 and will be upping the cleaning regime.
    the Bonneville has faired better after I cleaned and polished it more recently although I had to do some polishing last time on the wheels. I started to use a battery charger/tender to keep them topped up unfortunately I have to swap from bike to bike. the last swap 2 to 3 weeks ago from the Bonneville to the TZR so the TZR with old fuel and some months since its last start fired up on the button so well happy with that. unfortunately the Bonneville was not successful although the ignition lights came on and the pump primed when the button was pressed nothing happened except the ignition lights went out. so it looks like I either need to swap over more often or maybe even have to get a second charger so both bikes are topped up all the time.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Daytona1200Express

Daytona1200Express Active Member

Feb 7, 2021
    NH, USA
    Today, I purchased more parts from Hermys...because she's worth it!

(two key blanks, coolant expansion tank, starter solenoid, some more seals, etc.)

Thank you again, Hermys!

DAYTONA%20OCT%2010-28-20%20FRONT%20RT%20FULL%20CLOSE%201[1].jpg

DAYTONA%20MAY%2017%20'20%20CVS%20PARK5[1].jpg

DAYTONA%20OCT%2010-28-20%20FRONT%20LFT%20CLOSE%201[1].jpg

• Like Like x 11
  10. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    The weather starts to get better and better. Time to erase those white letters and rubber peaks from those tires :rolleyes:
    upload_2021-2-16_11-7-18.png

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Iron

Iron Guest

Looks like everyone is getting ready for the big release and the sun. Let's be careful out there :no_mouth:

bbbbba.jpg

bbbbb.jpg

Another one bites the dust. Takes ages to clear up the mess but it's easier than that paint stripper mess and stinging skin.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    South Jersey, The 51st State
    Looking out the window of the garage at the snow while sitting on it making "vroom, vroom" noises.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    First brief ride of the year today for me to go and get some supplies rather than go in the car. Just a few miles to the nearest Co-op to get the oil warm enough to do an oil and filter change when I got back.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Daytona1200Express

Daytona1200Express Active Member

Feb 7, 2021
    NH, USA
    I could not BELIEVE what World of Triumph sent me...I ordered a Speed Yellow seat cowl for my Daytona 1200, and all the fasteners and grommets needed...they said the only thing they did not have was the back/lumbar support..."Alright." I thought.

Everyone else I contacted said "Not available. Triumph doesn't have it anymore."...

"I'm, sure they will be sending me the Daytona 675 cowl or something", I thought. So, I waited...wouldn't you know it...I cannot believe this...at all!

I also cannot belive Triumph made this cowl for their spares as late as 3/6/19, according to the tag on the inside. Genuine OEM seal cowl, in Speed Yellow, with fasteners, under $300 USD, delivered. No paint matching needed!

Now...to find the seat pad and fasteners for that...and the threaded inserts for the sides of my used, OEM seat (which I must have reupholstered (it doesn't show, but this thing is BLUE)...and my Daytona 1200 will be a mean bike.

I will be selling the Corbin leather seat on here also, as I have no need for it.

Today, I got spark plug leads, inner and outer carb rubbers, foot peg and gear shift rubbers, fuel cap seal, fairing grommets, misc seals, a bunch of HiFiltro oil filters, bushings for the cush drive...etc...and more parts on the way. Thanks to Sprint Manufacturing for all the other parts! You are awesome, Trev!

Now....to find those other parts!

WP_20210217_002[1].jpg

WP_20210217_003[1].jpg

WP_20210217_001[1].jpg

• Like Like x 12
    • Useful Useful x 2
  15. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    PM'd!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Having sourced some longer bolts from the local bikeshop, I fitted the new reg/rec. Getting the bottom bolt/nut refitted was a right pain in the ar$e, but I wasn't going to disassemble the rear shock to get to it more easily.
    Anyway, it's on now and putting out a steady 13,8 V when running.

Oil and filter change next, just waiting for delivery.

This weekend is supposed to be sunny and 18C, so a ride is on the cards!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Oil and filter delivered just now. Job for the weekend.
    20210218_104721.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    Why 15W50 ? Do you see an upgrade over the usual 10W40?

19. XCaTel

XCaTel Senior Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Ireland
    Score ! :eek:

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I find it makes shifting smoother mate.

• Useful Useful x 3