Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Been there, done that twice. Always love being in the high mountains.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Put my Isle Of Man good luck fairy on my TWAT:cool:
    same idea as them Gremlin bells:) 3CF761CA-2279-414A-96F7-54820B05DAF3.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. Balchie

Balchie Member

Mar 14, 2020
    NH
    Converted from floorboards to footpegs for $100! Very happy. No offense to floorboard lovers - I just like pegs. Floorboards always felt too Vespa-ish.

IMG_20201214_135517 (1).jpg

IMG_20201214_151206.jpg

IMG_20201214_151224.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  4. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    If you use your phone or computer system to post emojis, they never appear.
    You have to tap on the emoji face above the type in box ! It gives a limited quantity of emojis. More are available if you are a "paid up" member....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Great shot @andyc1 hard to tell the weather was bad, :cold_sweat:except the bikes condition :cool: some work to be done there

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @Martine, you might consider becoming a forum Subscriber. It's not really expensive and it does provide a few perks---one of which might be related to your emojis. You could always check in with Admin ( @Havit ) to see if he knows what the deal is and to find out what the benefits are of being a Subscriber.

Edit: Just saw the advice of @capt. I think he may have landed on why your emojis don't show up in your posts because when I post on my phone I sometimes tap my iPhone emojis rather than the ones provided in the forum menu then remember that those don't work right. Give it a go and see if that solves the problem!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Maybe I can start that trend in the U.S., dilli! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I think you’re too late Sandi
    DFFF7647-6D96-453C-8ECE-1D3CFB498818.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  9. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    No fairy ever getting on my bike! :p

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. Martine

Martine Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2020
    Athens Georgia
    :) Thanks for the suggestion. And I appreciate the explanation from @capt about the different emojis. Didn't want to hijack with a boring sidetrack:rolleyes: too much but the darn things did work at first on other posts but then stopped...anyway I'll just use those other ones:cool: On a waaay better topic, we went for a super short ride Sunday and I inched a tad closer to breaking in my T100:blush:

• Like Like x 6
  11. Balchie

Balchie Member

Mar 14, 2020
    NH
    While I support 2nd Amendment Rights in the US, I would never do this. People who seem to be looking for combat situations are most often those who have never experienced one. Once you've been there, you're more inclined to not want to repeat the experience.

I carry a concealed firearm if and when I feel I need to. I don't need to advertise anything.

• Like Like x 9
  12. Martine

Martine Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2020
    Athens Georgia
    and thanks @Sandi T for more info...but about that Sunday ride:) it was a chance for me to get a little more used to the new bike and I had a brief opportunity to test the brakes:worried: and was super pleased :blush::heart:. Perfect weather:sun:, country roads, and picked up a couple of loaves of bread on the way home:yum

• Like Like x 4
  13. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Yeah ones enough eh:joy::joy::joy::p

• Funny Funny x 12
  14. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Says the guy with the gay avatar. o_O

• Funny Funny x 7
  15. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    #14715 Streetgirl675, Dec 15, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    CB0863CD-037A-4A0E-834B-69CEBEE6C6BD.png

16. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    i only ever use my phone so that is probably why I don’t see it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Tim Stich

Tim Stich Well-Known Member

May 25, 2020
    Colorado Springs, CO USA
    I ended up taking the bike to Apex Motorsports yesterday, which was the previous Triumph dealership. They said one of the problems they had with Triumph was being bullied to get more indoor floor space for their bikes. The more recent place that went out of business, Pikes Peak Triumph, had plenty of space but not as many customers as Apex, who does a lot of dirt bike work. Dirt bike riding is one of the most popular pastimes around here, as we have limitless logging roads and single track trails.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Tim Stich

Tim Stich Well-Known Member

May 25, 2020
    Colorado Springs, CO USA
    #14718 Tim Stich, Dec 16, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    I happened across the pineapple old man, which if you look closely is a stock photo with watermarks. Ha ha ha. Must be from some royalty free photo CD.

I changed my profile picture to one of the actual person listed, albeit in a silly thinking man pose.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    cogito ergo sum... :p

20. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    The primary salesman at the Tucson Triumph dealership that took over the one that closed told me something similar (and he worked at the previous dealership, too). He said that Triumph has very particular requirements for not only amount of floor space but also how many units can be displayed for that amount of floor space (the key being that bikes aren't crammed together). Triumph USA also has requirements relative to the design of the space. The dealership that went out of business didn't really follow any of these requirements. Our current dealership does and, honestly, it shows. And the salesman is selling bikes as fast as he can. Now that's not only Triumphs he's selling as they also sell KTM and Kawasaki as well as used bike trade-ins. The Triumph area of the dealership is really well-designed and looks extremely professional--dare I say "enticing" (but then I'm easily enticed when it comes to motorcycles). Meanwhile, the KTMs and Kawasakis are pretty stacked up in their respective areas on the rest of the showroom floor with little attention to design or spacing. I do think it would be hard to tease out whether all of the design and showroom floor requirements are the primary influence on unit sales, though, as the entire dealership is run pretty differently from their predecessor. And the economy and other variables are at work, of course, too.

Hope things went well for you at Apex and that that's a viable option with Pikes Peak going out of business, Tim!

• Like Like x 3