Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I opened the shed door and looked lovingly at mine :biggrin: then went back to the wine and cold turkey

• Like Like x 1
  2. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    I had a very nice ride to Southwold on the Trophy. The A47 was pretty quiet as was the A146 and the A145. Weather was pretty good but might have to revise plans for tomorrow as snow is trying to fall.

3. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Well, my son and I are going to ride the coast road from Southwold up to Sheringham. It's a little wet at the moment but the weather looks promising. My son got his Tiger XC last Monday and only has 72 miles on the clock. We will soon change that.:wink:

4. Dai-San

Dai-San Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Market Drayton
    • Like Like x 1
  5. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Today we headed off along the A12 towards Ipswich and other points south. We then cut across to Ely. We had a look around the cathedral before heading back to Southwold. Weather conditions were pretty poor, lots of black ice about.:frown:

6. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Fitted the Oxford tank protector and R&G Radiator guard this morning, would love to have take the bike for a spin along the South Bucks back roads today as the weather was dry, but the salt on the road and the very cold air would have meant a short trip and then just as long cleaning as the ride was.
    Hopefully there will be a bit of warmer weather round the corner and a bit of rain to clear the salt off the road.
    As I am still not to confident with the power of my bike I am choosing my rides carefully.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    I had a very quiet ride back from Southwold. I followed my wife who was driving the car. She wasn't to keen on the road conditions and wanted me to leave the bike behind at Southwold until the cold snap cleared. As a compromise I agreed to follow her home. Boy was it boring, we never did above 50 mph.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Very quiet day today. Washed down and polished both the Trophy and Explorer. Then went around checking all fastenings, tyres etc. all in all a very satisfying day.:upyeah:

9. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    I'm going to have a fairly quiet day today. I'm taking the Explorer out for a run. I'm going to Coalville to visit JTS Clothing, I need some new trousers and a few other bits and pieces. Then I'm off to Matlock.

10. mikep

mikep New Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Bradford, West Yorkshire
    Bought some lower handlebars (LSL in black) for the Bonne, will fit them at weekend. If standard mirrors are obstructed by elbows etc., then bar end mirrors will follow.

11. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    I had a good day out at Coalville(JTS) and Matlock. Purchased some new trousers from JTS plus a new Balaclava and a spare pair of gloves. Had lunch in Matlock before heading across to Bingham and then home.

12. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    No riding today. Just checked the bikes. All nice and secure. We have the family over for lunch so going to have a nice quiet afternoon.:smile:

13. #1413 billyandmollysdad, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
    Today, i actually took the bike out of the garage :eek: its the first time its seen daylight since the end of October i think. I have to say, i was a bit annoyed with myself, and embarrassed too, it was in a bit of a mess. I'd left it uncovered in the garage, and not washed it before i put it away :mad: so it didn't look good.
    I have taken the battery off, and stuck it on the optimate, and coated everything in gunk and jetwashed it. Just waiting for it to dry off a little, then more gunk, and some elbow grease to follow.
    I did plan to put it in my spare bedroom to do a few jobs i wanted to carry out, but i spent all the money i had earmarked to do the jobs on another bike, which went into the bedroom...
    Hopefully getting a nice new big shed soon, so both will end up in there. I think i will be riding the other bike i bought more than the Triumph this year (1985 GSX1100) So my Mrs Jane will be riding the Bonnie all being well. 002.jpg
    All clean again !
    And, an arty farty one :biggrin:
    004.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

14. ColLamb

ColLamb Active Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Preston, Lancashire
    No riding today, just dragged the TEX out of the garage to wash it, the next dry its time to polish and ACF50 everything.

The Bonnie is gleaming but time to ACF50 her before shenext goes on the road.

Then we are good to go again for the Winter with both bikes.

15. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Took advantage of the mild weather and had a trip to Cardiff on the Trophy SE. It was nearly all motorway riding, extremely boring, but very quick even travelling at the legal speed limit.

16. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Took the Tiger out for the first time in a while, roads were clear and dry so its a great feeling to be riding but not covering the bike in salty crap.

Thought I had best uncover the wife's Street Triple and try it, she has not ridden it since early October. Even though it had been on an optimate the thing did not want to start, firing just on one then two and eventually striking up and running smoothly. Took it out for a run to top it up with fresh petrol, love riding this bike even though its too small for me. Wind blast is a bit of a shock after riding the Tiger but the way that thing goes is just mental!

• Like Like x 1
  17. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham

sorry to go back to this post. my gloves came today and I am impressed,they feel pretty good considering they cost me nout,ok they aint alpinestars or dainese but they are ok.Thanks Carole Nash

18. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Just returned from Cardiff. What a difference a day makes. Motorways were terrible, loads of numpties out and about. M50 and M5 were particularly bad. Still, managed to get home in one piece.:smile:

19. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Sun was out yesterday and the road was fairly dry so took the Sprint Sports for a short run, all good :biggrin:

20. mikep

mikep New Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Bradford, West Yorkshire
    New lower bars fitted (1.5 hrs), mirrors still usable but had to fit new bar end weights until I figure out how to modify standard Triumph ones to fit. Need a shakedown run now but it was -4 this morning so I'll wait til it warms up a bit - overall the Bonne looks a lot meaner now!