Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Change of route home from Chichester. My daughter needs me to drop off some presents at Southwold. So it looks like it's going to be a long day.

2. Clarkey

Clarkey Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    This is what I use for security image.jpg
    Check out there website

image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. gingergrumpy

gingergrumpy New Member

Nov 29, 2014
    north Yorkshire
    tiger 800 filled up with petrol ready for a trip to A1 moto at york tomorrow, 6k service due so I am taking advantage of 25% reduction in service rates until the end of January ☺

• Like Like x 1
  4. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Just got back home from my trip to Chichester. I had to return home via Southwold so covered 372 miles today. Weather was fine this morning but started to get wet later on this afternoon. The new jacket and helmet performed very well. The Trophy was faultless as usual.
    All Christmas presents delivered.:upyeah:

5. gingergrumpy

gingergrumpy New Member

Nov 29, 2014
    north Yorkshire
    Result ! 6k tiger 800 service completed by A1 Moto for £135, free coffee 2 hours later clean bike presented ready to ride home and get dirty again. Went home the scenic route Via Helmsley roads full of cra-, conditions on the cold side of cool.
    Well done to A1 Moto.

6. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Very quiet day today. Spent the morning cleaning and polishing the Trophy and Explorer. Then a quiet warm in front of the fire.:upyeah:

7. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    I had a great day out on the Explorer today. I took a trip up to Matlock and Buxton. Thw weather was pretty good and road conditions fair. I'm getting used to my new helmet as well.

8. gingergrumpy

gingergrumpy New Member

Nov 29, 2014
    north Yorkshire
    just got a pair of leather car seat head rests off an Audi a7 for £10 now going to fabricate some bracket's to make a riders backrest for my America

• Like Like x 1
  9. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    That sounds like an interesting project.

10. gingergrumpy

gingergrumpy New Member

Nov 29, 2014
    north Yorkshire
    one of a few mods to complete over the winter ready for a grand tour of Europe next year other mods will include an alloy mount plate to allow use of a givi rack/top box on the short triumph rack.

• Like Like x 1
  11. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Took advantage of the mild weather and had a trip over to Lincoln to see the Christmas lights. Enjoyed the recently dual carriageway A46.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Took her into Triumph M40 (Hughenden) on the A40 near Oxford this morning, just asked them to give her a once over to check everything was in order since I picked her up last weekend.
    The guys fixed the following:
    - Updated the mapping for the Arrow exhausts, this was never done by the dealer that sold me the bike, despite promising me it had been done. Engine runs smoother now and less popping from the cans
    - Connected the two hoses that were not attached to the fuel tank (Fuel breather and drain), they were just hanging lose behind the engine!
    - Rear plate light is not working, they found the wire cut! So it hasn't been working since it was installed, they didn't thread the wire through to the connecting block and couldn't be bothered to do it properly so just cut the wire. So how was the dealer that sold me the bike able to give me the MOT certificate with this fault!
    - Drive chain adjuster is seized in at the rear wheel, will need taking apart and sorting out soon as chain is too slack. Dealer that sold it to me said chain was perfectly adjusted
    - Tick over is running high @ 1,500 rpm, they adjusted the throttle cable but it seems is is to tight in the engine area.

So, it is booked in for next week for an hour slot, I would rather pay a premium for a Triumph dealer to do the work properly than take the bike back to where I bought it as I have no confidence now that they would do things properly.

I am very impressed with Triumph M40 Hughenden), they worked fast, and gave me excellent advice. The cafe was also very good, had a burger and coffee for breakfast, and will try the Game (Deer) Burger next week.

• Like Like x 1
  13. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    I'm glad that you have found a dealer that not only identified the faults but can fix them for you. Are you going to let the other dealer know about the faults? I would be seeking some financial recompense.

14. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Shame you have had to deal with these issues, I would keep the receipt and go back to the guys that sold you the bike, the hoses missing on the tank are serious in my opinion and a major safety issue. If they issued you an MOT with the number plate light cut then you have a point of negotiation as you could report their MOT testing to the department of Transport. If you get no joy then name and shame them.

Once the issues are sorted I'm sure you will find out what a great bike you have.

• Like Like x 2
  15. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Hughenden are my dealer. Good bunch of guy's Rob and George are spot on and Bruce in the spares department will always go the extra mile.
    You do pay more of a main dealer but sometimes you get what you pay for. After a couple of bad experiences they're the only people who work on my bike.

Agree about the cafe,good grub.

• Like Like x 1
  16. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Another local run today. Had a trip to Northampton and Wellingborough. I kept well away from motorways and used mainly A and B roads.

17. flapinflares

flapinflares Active Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Leiestershire
    #1377 flapinflares, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
    $_12.jpg Hello again all :upyeah: Well I started this thread in Jan 2013, I owned the America then, since then I sold all bikes to retire from biking an got an mx5 mazda. That lasted a couple of weeks and it was e-bayed and a Thunderbird sport was the new steed . had that a while then sold it and empty garaged for a short while. I have had a few classics in the past but what next? At the mo I have the Royal Enfield clubman (cafe racer style) 2012 reg EFi. Its quite nice to polish I have bolted some bling on it. alloy side panals headlamp peak, a 1967 F plate. Alls well. hope some of you remember me. a mate of mine has a newish thunderbird. Its very nice.. watch this space lol. Flapin:upyeah:

$_12.jpg

18. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Welcome back. Nice looking motorcycle,:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Spent the afternoon out on the Explorer riding around the Peak District. Stuck mainly to B and minor roads. Did a little off road riding as well. The weather was pretty good if cold. I only headed home as it got dark.

20. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Just getting ready to do another trip to Chichester. My misses has found:rolleyes: a couple of presents that should have gone last week. I'm going on the Explorer and might do the round trip today. If not I will return home tomorrow. It rather depends on the weather conditions and traffic.:smile: