Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Picked up my new 2010 Speed Triple yesterday, went to start her up this afternoon and wasn't enough juice in the battery to turn the engine over properly.
    Battery taken out and is now on charge.

I did take the left radiator cover off to look at the radiator yesterday and remembered the indicator light wire was squashed between the cover and the bracket. I have put some tape round this in case this was grounding out and draining the battery.
    I know the bike had been standing a long time before I bought it so hoping there isn't anything else wrong with it!

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Nice looking machine that. Keep an eye on your battery, you do not want to be trying to start her up with a weak one as it could knacker your sprag clutch.

3. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    That looks to be a very fine machine indeed.

4. gingergrumpy

gingergrumpy New Member

Nov 29, 2014
    north Yorkshire
    I have been making a template to mount a givi monokey rack onto my triumph supplied america sissy bar rack looks good after initial mock up, now need to make the mount plate put of 6mm alloy

5. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Just back from a day out in mid Wales on the Explorer XC. Did a little bit of off road riding but the chaps I was with reckoned that the tracks we were on, were to deeply rutted and flooded. They have far more experience than me in off road riding so I took their advice.
    The weather wasn't too good. Wet and cool. Came back home by mostly motorways. M6 was extremely busy.

6. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Stayed pretty local today. Went to Coalville, Derby and Nottigham to check out a few helmets. Only covered 82 miles.

7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Not done too many miles but managed to get out on the Bonnie for the last three days - not bad for this time of year. IMG_20141208_140607078_HDR_1[1].jpg IMG_20141208_140614866_1[2].jpg

IMG_20141208_140607078_HDR_1[1].jpg

IMG_20141208_140614866_1[2].jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I thought I would take advantage of the sunny weather too, and when the wife went out to a xmas lunch I sneaked my bike out of the shed, fired her up and off I went

map.jpg

It was about right on the mileage and the time is about right with a tea/pee stop at newlands (it was cold you know) the same at Loomies ( a bit colder) with bacon butty added and the same at Rykers ( without the bacon butty and wishing I had remembered my quilted inner jacket) then home! not quite dark and better still the Mrs hadn't got back! wish I had taken some photos too as it was such a nice day.

map.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    OK! I thought I would get away with it...just goes to show how little we know. when my wife left the house this morning her parting shot was " If its nice weather and you're going out on your bike again ( how did she know?) Why not go to IKEA and pick up ......" So I did, I went to the Wembley one, not my closest, bought what was needed. Stopped off and had the usual at The Ace Café (its still cold you know!)
    ace.jpg

then left there and headed for Newlands Corner, no tea there but a stop all the same and then carried on to Rykers, Box Hill, the usual plus chips!

Bit gloomier than yesterday and quiet roads, only 1 other bike at the Ace Cafe so a bit billy no mates.

Washed off the salt and put her away.

ace.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    A couple of interesting rides Crispey.

Sadly I've not been out today. I have an ear infection and it hurts like hell when I put my helmet on. First day missed off the bike since August 1st.:frown:

11. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Still suffering from the ear infection. So spent the day cleaning and polishing the Trophy and Explorer. Also carried out a very thorough check of all fastenings, wheels and tyres.

12. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    I've been out today trying out my new helmet. The Trophy sounds different. I didn't realise the padding in the helmet could make such a difference. It's going to take some getting used too.
    Any way had a ride over to Melton Mowbray and Grantham. The A roads out that way are good. I'm going to have a ride around Empingham Reservoir this afternoon. At the moment I'm sat in a nice Cafe in Grantham supping coffee and posting this on my iPad.

13. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Assembled the rear paddock stand I ordered off Amazon (Supplied by BSMotoparts), also got the Haynes manual.
    Will lift her rear end tomorrow and give the chain a good scrub with WD40 cleaner and then coat it in WD40 chain wax.

Need to wrap the wires that go past the steering stock as the outer sheaf has split! It pulls tight when steering is on the left lock. A know problem so I understand.

Will also look to get a replacement oil filter and change the oil in the afternoon, I already have the Mobile Power 1 Racing 10W-40 oil.

The only chance I get to do this basic maintenance is at the weekend.

14. KLINK

KLINK Member

Sep 16, 2014
    Brize Norton

Santa dropped this off under the Triumph ahead of his busy schedule.:wink:
    Said I'd been a good lad this year, having had biopsies taken from my stomach and not causing a fuss. :eek:

triumph mat1.jpg

triumph mat1.jpg

15. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Just getting ready to go to Chichester. Loaded up the Trophy with presents for the Grandchildren. We have had a very severe frost so I'm going to try out my new thermals.:upyeah:

16. gingergrumpy

gingergrumpy New Member

Nov 29, 2014
    north Yorkshire
    just been down to halfords got an Oxford hardcore 1.5 metre chain and lock to keep my mistresses locked up safe in the garage. £69.99 as cheap as anywhere I could find on the net after factoring in delivery costs.

17. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Had an excellent trip to Chichester. I'm getting used to the new helmet, very different to riding with an open face helmet. Due to the frosty conditions I stuck to motorways and A roads. With breaks the trip took me five hours. I will be returning tomorrow probably coming back via the same route.

18. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    What sort of rating do they have?

19. gingergrumpy

gingergrumpy New Member

Nov 29, 2014
    north Yorkshire
    top in ride mag test insurance rated but its all relative if you own a grinder and keep it in your garage with the bikes! I also have additional locks on the garage door + the house alarm. the hardcore will be my 1st line of defence away from the house as the Bonneville America does not have a rolling key code.

• Like Like x 1
  20. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Sounds good to me. I had an attempted break in through the roof of my garage a few weeks ago. We need all the security that we can get.