Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    How does Data tag work exactly?

2. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Up early getting ready for another weekend trip. I'm off to Penzance. Weather seems to be pretty reasonable for the weekend.

3. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Found a nice B and B with secure parking in Penzance. Just been to the local hostelry for grub and a pint:wink:. Got the maps out and sorting out routes for a day of touring some parts of Cornwall. On Sunday I will be heading over to Plymouth.

The ride to Penzance was excellent. Stopped a couple of time for comfort breaks. The weather improved as we got closer to the West Country. Roads were pretty busy and I lost count of the number of Ginsters trucks that I passed.

4. wombal

wombal Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Derbyshire
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Sprint is all done, replaced the airbox and fuel tap and bike put back together and test run completed. Bike is running really well.
    Haven't put the Daytona back together yet as have to get the valve clearances done as well as balancing the carbs and then both bikes are ready for next year :biggrin:

6. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
  7. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Had a tremendous day today eating up the miles in Cornwall. Went from Penzance to Camborne, then onto Redruth and Newquay before heading to Truro and back to Penzance.

Same B and B as last night. Tomorrow is a trip to Plymouth, Torquay and finally Poole. I'm looking forward to it very much.

Monday I will be heading home from Poole via Swindon and Warwick.

8. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Arrived in Poole and found a good B and B. The ride from Penzance was pretty good. No unexpected excitement on the way. The Trophy as been put away for the night. Just off to fine a hostelry to get a pint and some grub. Need to stretch my legs.

9. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Just got home from my trip to the West Country. Had a very enjoyable weekend and managed to clock up 862 miles. After tea the Trophy is going to get a through clean, Polish and check over.

Also had some very surprising news when I got home. My mate who's Explorer I'm looking after had a serious accident whilst in the USA. He's layed up in hospital with two broken legs, sustained in a car crash on the way to the airport to come home. He won't be fit to fly before Christmas and therefore I've got to carry on looking after the Explorer. I have his permission to carry on using the Explorer but I would prefer that he was back here riding with me. The good news is that he has very good travel and medical insurance and will be flown back by Air Ambulance when he is fit enough.

10. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Finished off spraying my old lid to match the bike today, couldn't find any gold pinstripe tape to match so had to spray them on, not bad for a rattle can job, could be better but decided not to strip it all back and start again!! maybe next year. Clear coat going on tomorrow.

IMG_0767.JPG

IMG_0767.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    That looks pretty good to me.

12. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Off out on the Explorer to day. Still trying to find a decent flip front helmet, so I'm traveling a bit further afield to see what's out there.

13. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    PJT, I am getting intrigued with this, you are going to have to post a photo of the back of your head so we can see why you are having so much trouble finding a lid that fits!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Thanks . the longer I look at it the more faults I see so I try to correct them then make mistakes so correct that then wish I'd left it alone! Found some gold pinstripe tape closer to original colour, paint I had matched was too Bronze on closer inspection, so have put the tape on. I WILL put the clearcoat on......but first I might find a Triumph decal to put on, hmmm!!

15. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    I don't have any trouble with my Bell "Jet" helmets of which I have three. There just seems to be so much variation with the flip front helmets.

16. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Just had a couple of quiet days. Only local runs done yesterday and today.

17. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Had a very nice day out today on the Explorer. Had a trip to the North Norfolk coast. Traffic was excellent and the weather pretty good. Waited for the sun to go down before heading home. I didn't want to get dazzled by the setting sun.:upyeah:

18. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Spent today in the Leicestershire countryside. Very frosty this morning but road conditions were good. Managed to cover 146 miles altogether on the Explorer XC.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Clarkey

Clarkey Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Only manage 50 miles today just a trip to newlands for a coffe then headed towards box hill but started feeling a bit chilly so headed home

20. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Went out yesterday for a short blast. Decided after a few weeks of playing with the adjustable footrests and gear lever position that I prefer the original footrests as I could not get a setting where I could change gear easily. The new footrests pushed my feet outwards slightly as well and either the footrest was too far forward and I couldnt get my big foot under the lever easily, too far a stretch to the gear lever when in back position, or too low so I had to lift my foot to change gear. Hope you can understand all that,lol.

Anyway I put the original rests back on today, adjusted the levers back up to standard height and went for a spin. Heaven,I can change gear so much better and am more at one with the bike again. Yippee

• Like Like x 1