Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wessa

Wessa Cruising
    Subscriber

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    How dirty was the bike when you got home?

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Camperman

Camperman Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2019
    Wales
    Sorted out the front indicators, and blacked out the front fork uppers.

IMG_20191201_141405608_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191201_141401912.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  3. Trippy Tripple

Trippy Tripple Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2019
    London
    :joy: Thankfully it's not too bad. Don't get me wrong, will definitely be giving it a wash... But it probably doesn't need one... I've got some radiator guards coming tomorrow... So would probably be washing it anyway...

• Like Like x 2
  4. capt

capt Noble Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    After close to 6 weeks non use , I pulled my America out of the shed. Took the Headlight apart and off , to get to the wiring harness inside. Looking for the reason it was cutting out ... Found the cause , looking like a faulty wire to pin fitment from new !! That has reared its ugly head after 9 1/2 years. The power wire to the kill switch was the culprit. The clamping on the base of the pin wasn't done properly ! IMG_20191202_105403.jpg
    The blue cable tie is pushed in to the offending connection , the green wire just above the plug housing was in its dock next to the cable tie , it's OK , the offending pin and wire wouldn't come out ! :( . So wire's are now cut and soldered . Temporary fix to assess that I have found the true fault.
    1575272479309336082632.jpg 1575272532900160770742.jpg
    Soldered wire will be wrapped. The position just below blue cable tie shows pin that's at fault ! The out crimping wasn't done ! So the wire wasn't held properly by the plastic encasing , so the wire flexed at the pin connector and broke.
    Compare the top of the black wire and how the pin was crimped , and how the pin is open where the green wire Fell out !!!!

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Duckadiledundee

Duckadiledundee Peasant First Class
    Subscriber

Jun 24, 2019
    High Peak
    Your connector is very clean compared to mine...

6. Duckadiledundee

Subscriber

Jun 24, 2019
    High Peak
    I was warned that buying a triumph would be thwart with problems and to go jap but would I listen...
    I can empathise mate...

• Like Like x 1
  7. JerryBB

JerryBB Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Wales
    I love the bike but it is trying my patience, though I am sure it will come out good in the end.
    it is back to the shop this week...

• Like Like x 2
  8. Wessa

Wessa Cruising
    Subscriber

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I finally got around to covering the thruxton in FS365, then fitted the optimiser cable before putting in back in its bubble. Still not rode the dam thing as the roads at the moment are just shite. And to top it all I've not been able to get on the tiger either. One bit of good new is that my satnav and panniers will arrive shortly and will be fitted on the tiger on the 17th December. I'm hoping to complete the 500 miles by then so I can get the first service done on the same day.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Duckadiledundee

Subscriber

Jun 24, 2019
    High Peak
    My bike is in pieces as you possibly already know so again I understand where your coming from....

A work colleague of mine as a neighbour getting rid of a jap bike and wanted to know if I was interested...
    I was tempted to say yes but have very little faith in people actually coming through with the goods when they mention such things...
    Plus I don't think that my landlady would appreciate two bikes in bits in her garage...:confused:

• Like Like x 3
  10. JerryBB

JerryBB Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Wales

I have three jap bikes....one on the road, one resting and one I was restoring but is now on hold

• Like Like x 2
  11. capt

capt Noble Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    That probably will be related to opposite weather patterns ! Yours WET WET WET and Mine DRY as $&%#[email protected] . So there is little chance of serious dirt building into mud castle's.

I've owned my bike from new , and ridden in rain probably 6 times ( weather forecasters seldom wrong) and likely it's only been seriously washed a couple of dozen times ! So little chance of serious dirt ingress and build up in to mud castle's.

There was a lot more surface rust inside the nacelle than I expected ! But again as weather is so dry here it was only heavy surface rust. The mounting plates go through slots in the back/underside which means there are three opening's. 1575330966132592734897.jpg

That's ten years of weather related corrosion !!

cheers capt

• Like Like x 3
  12. Georgez

Georgez New Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Pacific North West
    Paid the "poor mans TAX"... title & license FEES on the Bonnie, better part of $1000 US.:scream:

I need a drink

• Like Like x 2
  13. Duckadiledundee

Subscriber

Jun 24, 2019
    High Peak
    If that's the worse of it your doing really well....

14. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Member

Aug 8, 2019
    Nottingham
    Put the Dayt all back together - winter jobs done :)

But it's not even Christmas yet! mate suggested greasing swing arm while it's laid up but that looks like a lot of work.

Weather looking OK at weekend so might change my plan to lay it up till April and take it out - gotta check it is all working alright, ain't I? ;-)

DS

• Like Like x 3