Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Just purchased road tax for the America & the added brucey bonus is..... For the next 12 months i have a colour co-ordinate tax disc (red). Not that i am anal about things in any way, shape or form :wink:

• Like Like x 2
  2. jonny

jonny Active Member

Mar 26, 2013
    sunny cheshire
    OCD tax disc :biggrin:

3. jonny

jonny Active Member

Mar 26, 2013
    sunny cheshire
    glad it's not just me getting old and wanting warm hands.. Had them on the last few bikes i've had, god send really. Had a quick look around the trident this morning. Few little bits that need a tidy up, nothing much, then just enjoy for the year. Winter will be the time for a strip down and rebuild. Just weighing up building an extension to my little workshop. Got a 1958 moggy minor i'm rebuilding, thats in the way at the moment. :rolleyes:

4. Batey74

Batey74 Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Newcastle upon tyne
    Finding somewhere to put my tax disc is a nightmare, every where I try it looks crap... Thinking about just keeping it in my wallet..

• Like Like x 1
  5. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Always kept mine in my wallet in the past having had one stolen a few years back. Police have never commented about it not being on display either. They know if you are all legal before they even pull you over.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    After four hours in the saddle today I really wish I'd put heated grips on!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Actually been out today... Not many miles just down to the local bike shop to see Leon Haslam...l
    Only 30 Darks built and today saw 2....
    image.jpg
    Felt good to get out.. Need to do a load more miles though to get the feel... Initial impressions are good though.. Great fuelling and pulls really well... Only has 44miles on it...

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  8. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Why 2 photos, checked and only 1 attachment...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Also added new brake levers and carbon tank panels...
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Had a little ride out today took a few shots with the Go pro camera will see what they turn out like.

• Like Like x 2
  11. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Best day for weeks and I'm working!! Ggrrr :mad:

12. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    You crazy.... Sun, snow, freezing cold and that was just me at Brands Hatch...

• Like Like x 1
  13. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Blue sky, sunny and a hell of a lot warmer than late up here in these here hills BillyBob :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  14. jonny

jonny Active Member

Mar 26, 2013
    sunny cheshire
    not bad here in cheshire. Spent the day building an extension on my little workshop to keep my trident in. should be done in a couple of days

• Like Like x 2
  15. wilkie

wilkie Member

May 16, 2012
    hi screwball, what levers are those?

16. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Oooooo Concept Carbons Satin Infills have landed!!! Guess what ill be doing to night!!! Minds out of the gutters... :upyeah:

17. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Hi Wilkie, I'm sure Screwball will advise shortly, they look like the ones available from triumph.
    I bought similar but went for short ones. With gold adjusters from a site on eBay who sold parts from race bikes that were either new or in marked.... Awesome, this site gives you the option of short or long and also colour combo, loads to choose from, I think I searched under 'Pazzo short levers for speed triple'.

I would strongly advise if you are changing levers to go for a good make, avoid cheap Chinese look goods. My mate bought a pair from china, twenty minutes into first ride out, he woke up on centre res barrier, witness said 60-70mph on three lane carriage way and all of sudden bike sumasalted... End over end...
    Blue disks on front welded solid, badly made levers held the front brakes on slightly, heat caused brake fluid to boil n expand, front brakes lock on....
    End of GSX and very nearly end of him... All for a 25 quid pair of levers......

• Like Like x 1
  18. jonny

jonny Active Member

Mar 26, 2013
    sunny cheshire
    that doesn't sound good. Was he ok..?

19. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Thankfully, he had put his leathers on, bruised ribs, and limbs n wrists etc, helmet, boots, gloves, leathers n bike fit for nothing... And a dented pride....we all know we should be thankful to walk away from this but we equally know how brassed off we would be to blow that much money on kit and bike to save seventy quid on levers.... Insurance got out of it cos the two year old Gixer was def not standard......:eek:

I've heard if you google the topic there is loads of pages on cheap levers n quality...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Jim
    they are cheap levers from Ebay... i've had a few different makes and my mate bought some from Ebay... we checked and could not see much difference in quality so instead of a fortune on triumph ones circa £50 delivered...from China... You just need to make sure they are installed correctly and are free to travel.. bit of grease and happy days...

Found some from the same guy he has loads... Black Long Brake Clutch Levers Triumph SPEED TRIPLE 04 07 05 06 2004-2006 | eBay

or items for sale...

mfactory | eBay

I'll be ordering cheap bar end mirrors soon as well...

• Like Like x 1