Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    Starting it!

Which was significant as it has recently been in bits as I replaced fuel level sensor and also removed Scotoiler vacuum feed.

And not only did it start again, but the fuel sensor is working - result :)

DS

• Like Like x 5
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Put another 60 miles on the tiger today, thats 250 miles and half way to its first service... Bloody rained again, so that is three times I've had to wash the bike and I only got it on Saturday.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Got a nice surprise today, my thruxton is being delivered tomorrow. I'm only a little bit excited :heart_eyes:.....

• Like Like x 10
  4. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Whoop whoop! Blimey Wessa 2 bikes to run in, best get that rain gear out mate! :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep been out saturday, sunday and today and it has rained evrey day. Want to get the tiger to its first service before they start putting salt on the roads. I know it is tough, but somebody has to do it. As for the thruxton I spoke to the dealers today and they are ok if I don't run it in until the new year when the weather improves.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    What a fabulous offer BS, unfortunately I should have sorted by next week mate.....

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sprinter1050uk

May 4, 2017
    Mansfield, Notts
    Trying to add a new thread to this section but only option is reply to thread so attaching it here to see what happens.

Just got a R &G tail tidy for my Sprint ST 1050 and was wondering what the best way is to keep all the wires/connections water tight at the back of the number plate. On a previous bike got a small black electrical project box from Maplins (R.I.P.) but obviously can't get one now, just wondering what others have used.

8. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    #11308 crispey, Nov 29, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    You could use the heatshrink rubber sheathing, I’ve used it on the wiring behind my numberplate like this

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Sprinter1050uk

May 4, 2017
    Mansfield, Notts
    Trying to add a new thread to this section but only option is reply to thread so attaching it here to see what happens.

Just got a R &G tail tidy for my Sprint ST 1050 and was wondering what the best way is to keep all the wires/connections water tight at the back of the number plate. On a previous bike got a small black electrical project box from Maplins (R.I.P.) but obviously can't get one now, just wondering what others have used.
    Thanks but there is the large plastic joint box there on mine that has the wires for the indicators, brake and rear light. I'm not sure if heat shrink would cover that and I don' want to butcher it completely in case I put the original back on

10. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Ah ok. You could try posting the question in the technical help or your bike specific thread as someone with that kid of knowledge would be more inclined to look there than here

11. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Heat shink on individual wires, and/or self-amalgamating tape around a group of wires.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003A5MRF8

12. Oldfart

Oldfart Senior Member

Oct 25, 2019
    Staffs Moorlands
    Try these people
    https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/desktop-enclosures/2423635/

Oldfart

13. Sprinter1050uk

May 4, 2017
    Mansfield, Notts
  14. JerryBB

JerryBB Noble Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Wales
    dropped the loan bike back at the dealers and brought my bonnie home, fecking cold for a c 140 mile round trip. stopped to take some pics on the mountain above my house, jeez even feckin colder...

bonnie on my mountain 1.jpg

bonnie on my mountain 2.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  15. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Tis the season to be jolly , seen all the news , terrorist act's. Well I'm off in an hour with a mate , he ride's a HD I'm going on the 98 sprint for the Perth X'mas toy run ! Hopefully no act's and no accidents !
    Been on many toy runs , and , unfortunately there have been bingles but no serious injuries , I'll cross fingers and toes and see how it goes this year !
    I'm in bed on my tablet posting this , will take photos and post later today !
    Usually above 400 bikes on the toy run.

Cheers capt

• Like Like x 7
  16. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Capt, looking forward to hearing about and seeing pics of your toy run! My riding buddies and I are doing one tomorrow and then another next weekend. The one tomorrow is a new toy run for Mr. Sandi and me so I'm not sure what the typical turnout is. I went to our local Target store earlier today to buy our donation toys. There are definitely some cool toys out there these days but I still have a soft spot for the stuffed animals. I have a theory that they all come alive at night when we're asleep and have tea parties and such. :blush:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Could be they have tea parties, or maybe they just stop lurking beneath your bed, come out and eat you alive as you try to hide under your duvet...

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Awww, poor Cyborgbot, :pensive: You too could become a "glass half full" kinda guy with just a little support from your friends. :kissing_heart:

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Thanks. Being a glass half full person is something to which I aspire. It would be a marked improvement on my current demeanour and outlook. ;):joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #11320 Sandi T, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    It's always nice when the only way to go is up, CB. May I call you CB? :blush: