Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#11282 Cyborgbot, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2019
    Yes, it’s a common test for inverted forks.

The test involves doing 70 mph over a hump back bridge and getting a good level of air gap between arse and seat.

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Well I suppose it counts as today ! Last night I went for a ride to meet my brother . He's in Rockingham (Perth suburb) he lives in Geraldton. I did 340 ks or so round trip. Left Home (Northam) about 17:00 (5pm) got to his hotel an hour and half later , we had a great chin wag(catch up) . I left about 22:00 (10pm) took 3 hrs to get home !! It was like Winter !!!❄️️❄️️ So bloody cold 10 or 12°c had to stop to get Jack Frost off my back side .
    Glad the 98 Sprint Executive has a half Fairing would have turned into an icy pole otherwise. Was a great ride , especially coming home NO traffic at midnight .
    Bike ran great , all the work I've done in last three weeks paid off , brakes especially , light as a feather to operate and much more responsive.

Cheers capt

• Like Like x 7
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Sorted out my insurance for the Tiger Sport today and there is a horror story there for another day.

• Like Like x 4
  5. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    No all bikes have the same kind of suspension in each fork, my Bonneville Speedmaster like the T120 has a cartridge damper in only one leg, so the correct fluid level isn't always the same in both legs. But you probably know if your suspension is different like that.

What I did to get levels correct was to use an improvised dipstick and added oil bit at time and kept remeasuring. The hand vice is there to act as a stopper at top of leg so each measurement is consistent and accurate.

dipstick.png

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Just waiting for my son to pick me up, off to get my new toy....

• Like Like x 9
  7. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Some cleaning..

Before...
    20191109_154601.jpg
    And after...
    20191124_132513.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  8. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Took the tiger for her first proper run out. Not too cold, but damp and rain meant the bike was really dirty by the time I got home. Done 107 wonderful miles so well on the way to completing the first few miles for the first service.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Well, not bad for a 14 year old bike, I suppose... :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    :joy: It's the wife's riding boots mate...

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Clouds 1 weather forecast 0, but great ride out today until the sky opened on us, summer boots let a little water in but everything else nice n dry :)

bike.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  13. Uncorrugated

Uncorrugated Senior Member

May 25, 2017
    Northamptonshire
    Took the Exploder to Birmingham to peruse some powered two wheelers at the NEC.
    I also got a virtual reality look at a potential new Triumph model that they are considering releasing in the near future.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#11294 Cyborgbot, Nov 24, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2019

Was that the addition to the Tiger range?

I wrote to the MD saying that I thought the asymmetric headlight design was shite... Having seen a video of the potential new bike.

Funny that, I’m probably in the market soon for a new bike and would be put off by a twin headlight bike where one side looks like the bulbs has blown... Triumph have done them, as have most Jap manufacturers - I just don’t understand why anyone would make a bike with only one working light when fitted with two...

Edit: Sorry I try to go with a witty comment but I’ve had a shitty day and don’t see why you all shouldn’t suffer too...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Uncorrugated

Uncorrugated Senior Member

May 25, 2017
    Northamptonshire
    #11295 Uncorrugated, Nov 24, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2019

I had to sign a confidentiality agreement, but I can say that it didn't have asymmetric lights.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Triumph#3

Triumph#3 New Member

Nov 25, 2019
    Arizona, USA
    Well had this Speed twin since September. Just got onto this forum today. Really liking the Speedtwin only got about 2000 miles now on it. Started making a bracket for it to mount some aux driving lights. Had a big touring bike/cruiser for the past eight years. Man is it nice to have a bike again that is light and easy to handle. Had an 2005 Triumph, put 74K on it. Then got a Victory, racked up 65K on it. Wife no longer rides with me, back issues. So this Speedtwin is for my enjoyment. Man is it good to be back a Triumph! Fun bike.

• Like Like x 8
  17. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Howdy Triumph#3, and welcome in :cool::cool: stick an intro in the Newbies Hangout section (with a pic of course ;);)) and you'll get a proper forum welcome :):)

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

We should definitely set up a Southern chapter of the Triumph Forum as the Northern, Scottish and Midlands contingent seem to out number us.

Our charitable cause could be to teach the others how to speak English.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

And then you wake up and realise you’re as pants as the rest of us...

Edit: congratulations though all the same :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Looks like you were reading about He-Man and Skeletor in “Masters of the Universe”.