Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Well Today I did some Led globe swap out's . put led in brake/tail light , and removed the dim as swamp gas 10 w rear indicator globes for led. Pulled the instrument panel and screen apart and sorted dash globe lights , can't do LED's as they are 1.7 and 3 watt , way too small a space. Good wash and polish then did 70 klm test ride ! Much better with air in the tyre's ! Found out the following faults 1: temp guage not working 2: idle OK in neutral but there is a surge in the engine at low rpms in first (carb balance ?) 3: fan didn't operate (1 related ?) 4: rear suspension too stiff and adjuster stuck ! 5: throttle Rev's up when handle bars turned to right when parked 6: possible the oil pressure switch not working , doesn't illuminate when ignition turned on 7: various plastics breaking with age , indicators and tail light lenses 8: signs of oil leaked in the past , alternator 'O' ring or air box breather pipe 9: starting circuits , clutch , side stand cut out not working properly , starter motor doesn't respond when start but pushed and clutch in.
    These are my starting points :) ;) :) Bike ride's well and I've gone over 6/7,000 rpm in 1St through 4 The Pull's well and No strange or dangerous sounding noises !!!!! YaY , most of these are likely solved with a clean , adjust or a cheap sender unit :)

• Like Like x 7
  2. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    If you do nothing to alter a bike you can't be liable, if you alter it for the better, but the owner reacts wrongly to the new improvement based on previous experience your liable. Your safety improvement was a contributing factor in this particular case. In best interest, reasonable, good sameritan etc. all that shit just flies out the window with jurors,

3. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Ron. If they're good enough for you and Billy, they are better than good enough for me! Appreciate your feedback. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I did a really professional job when I tapped into the electrics and wired up the tow bar electrics :)
    wish I hadn’t :confused:
    What a bastid to remove :mad:

gonna have to borrow wor lass’s hairdryer tomorrow so I can remove NUDGERS lipstick :eek: (red stripes):)

• Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 4
  5. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    OK updates on progress so far temperature guage work's - it's sender unit at fault ! The starting issues have changed !!! Did more cleaning down under the front pivot section of swing arm and in under riders foot peg , scraped chunk's of old built up chain lube and then degreasing and now bike starting without pulling clutch in or putting side stand up ? I'd put a confused smiley in here ? Found some more broken plastic's side cover lug ! Was still lodged in the hole so gluing ? In near future ? Temperature sender probably cause of inoperative fan ! Fan can be turned by hand , so that's probably fine , will know for sure when a new sender is in place ... !

That's "All Folk's". For now anyway , putting project aside for Friday and Weeks end , Painting House tomorrow and ride the America Saturday !

Cheers for now capt

• Like Like x 9
  6. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

NUDGER is just about back to standard :)
    Red lipstick is removed :)
    Original mirrors refitted :)
    Screen removed :)
    Just gotta remove that temporary black paint from the side rails and refit the rear lights and number plate holder cos that’s where I tapped into the electrics :)

• Like Like x 8
  7. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

It will be a bugger for the next owner should they immediately wish to convert it to be a two wheeled tractor again!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Old phart phred

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    Slacker V3 suspension tuner arrived today so i can start to dial in sag setting by myself instead of waiting for 2 guys for assistance, that always seem to cancel at the last minute. Will do a write up in the gadgets section. Because tonight my plans were also interrupted by fair weather.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Looking forward to your write up on the Slacker V3, phred.

I get it...my plans are interrupted by fair weather most all the time. Living in Tucson, fair weather is the norm. No wonder I haven't gotten anything "productive" done lately. ;):joy:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Got a decent ride on the Bonneville before the rain...

IMG_20191019_162639981_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Unlike MadMrB I went out on the speed twin and got very wet. But who cares about a little rain, really enjoyed my ride.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Old phart phred

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    Trying to get the garage insulated so the triumph has a warm place to rest, snapped a pic of a couple of shapely girls

15715487848411185033542.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  13. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Well done about 300 odd klms on the new to me 98 Sprint , and must have done the right thing when I pulled Tank and Side Panels off last week . I pulled all the power/electrical connection's I found under the tank, and those I could find and reach inside the fairing Apart and replugged ! Ride yesterday had the radiator thermal fan turn on whilst cruising round Northam (home town) , another job/worry sorted ! Will have to find out which type of temperature sender unit I need to get temp gauge to operate. Then all temp running issues will be stress free , one glance and mind at ease.

Cheers capt

• Like Like x 8
  14. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    After final ride at the weekend, the Daytona is now up on its stand and I've removed seat cowl and will remove tank later.

Just nipped out to get some plastic tubing to syphon out what petrol is left.

Excessive teeth brushing expected later!

DS

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    You’re not laying it up for winter already are you? :eek:

16. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Fitted some new bar end mirrors to the Street Triple, so obviously had to go for a test ride...

IMG_20191022_174950441_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20191022_175120501_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  17. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Very nice.....

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Beautiful photos of that Street Triple, MadMrB! Thanks for sharing! :) Nice mirrors too. ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    took off the rear pegs and fitted a grabrail kit.
    Got it on ebay for £60 but it was for a 2016.
    I took a punt and it fits but its a bit longer at the back (above the stop light )
    For half price, i'm not complaning!

F384CCE9-CBD6-4BB5-8BDD-3F3790B28640_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  20. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    Yep, got a few jobs to do over the coming months, and I ain't ever quick doing them.

Also, given this is the first time I'll have got under the plastics, I expect my list of jobs will grow as more is revealed.

Got the GS for the winter weather and cruddy roads :)

DS

• Like Like x 1