Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Er, are you building a rat bike?

2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    There's a pun in there somewhere, Duckadiledundee.

• Funny Funny x 6
  3. JerryBB

JerryBB Noble Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Wales
    not sure if it counts, but sorted out the error on my insurance docs ready to pick it up tomorrow at midday, after which I will be out on it weather regardless....probably.....though just seen the forecast and west wales looks pretty good so out and about I will be

• Like Like x 6
  4. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

you could use them to stick some flowers in or possibly a pair of these?

9783DAD6-74E9-4738-9ACC-622BACEAF841.png

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

OMG a ‘badge’ like Judge Dredd and a bike with machine guns. Immediate justice! My favourite dream (not true as the nurse dream takes first place) but being Judge Dredd is definitely in the top 10000(ish).

Duck - good luck getting ur machine gun enabled motorcycle through its MOT.

Actually I don’t think checking the guns is a part of a MOT...

interesting thought...

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hats of to you mate, looks like you are getting close now...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Must try harder, red arrow pointing to red, black arrow pointing to black and then it all goes to poo with the blue arrow :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    Electrics are not my strong point but i have a wire colour code chart for my old Triumphs and this is most helpful, there must be one out on the internet for newer Triumphs.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I finally got my Speed Triple in to the shop yesterday afternoon to get going on suspension adjustment. :rolleyes: Yeah, I'm having the pro race suspension guy do it rather than do it myself. :joy: Turns out I will need new springs since I'm so light. Bummer. For now it's better than it was anyway. Any suggestions?? My shop recommended Race Tech.

Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 7.49.14 AM.png
    IMG_5004.jpeg
    IMG_4261.jpeg IMG_4259.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    I managed to winde of spring preload both front n rear for my Su with standard springs on her street triple r, she is 8 n half stone. wonder if that's an option for you to set up the sag.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, @darkman. I appreciate your response and your Su and I are very nearly the same weight. Could you please clarify your first sentence for me, though? I'm not sure about "winde of spring". Thanks!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    Springs are $50-60 bucks trade fee with your core spring, racers try different rates and trade so the spring supplier collects fee every time it gets traded. May have paint scratch. Can't remember who i used, or whether i got it from Penske. I think the one on my SV is a hyperco now.

13. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    You can decrease the stiffness of the spring rate by loosening the adjusting collar on rear or preload cap on the forks and this will allow a lighter rider to achieve the correct sag with you on the bike after setting the initial sag, then you can work out if you need a softer spring, most times you won't, it's a minefield lol It worked on Su's last bike the street triple but with her new speed twin 1200 we went down one spring rate on the rear. Now my finger hurts lol.

• Useful Useful x 2
  14. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

This is a tip for the future and clearly bugger all use now, but I have found it useful to label up what goes to what before ripping it all apart. Mind you I still fcuk it up and plug everything back to front & upside down - worse still I’ll probably have reassembled the whole bike/washing machine/jet fighter before realising. :relieved:;):joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #11115 Sandi T, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    Thanks, darkman! Yesterday we decreased the spring rates on front and rear as much as possible...no clicks left to click. I think that's what you're recommending that I try! Still little to no sag. (Wish I could say that about the rest of me!) Learning more about suspension is my new goal in the world of motorcycles. That and actually dialing in the suspension on each of my bikes. The service manager at my dealership recommended this book recently so I ordered it and just got it recently. He said that it's one of the best books he's read on the subject in terms of good solid understandable explanations. While I don't necessarily want--or know how--to work on my bikes I do really want to know how they "tick".

IMG_5006.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  16. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    Reading a good book is a great way to learn, lucky for us we have been working on bikes for donkeys years and the biggest problem i have at 63 is remembering all i have learnt lol, luckily for me i have Su who is so bright it scares me. Even i struggled with the sag on my 16 speed trip so yes springs will probably be the way to go, stick with it as the rewards are huge and getting the sag correct is your biggest reward as bump n rebound are the fine tuning bits :) We transformed our new speed twin 1200's with just a pair of YSS adjustable rear shocks for each of them but i also shortened the wheelbase on my bike and fitted some shorter bar risers to load the front more. Keep us posted as there is nothing more pleasant than not having your arse kicked out of the seat on your bike :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. JerryBB

JerryBB Noble Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Wales
    did a test run with the touring screen from one of my Kawasaki's, I really noticed the difference with no wind on the chest and could not feel any buffeting, but horrible wind roar, which stopped as soon as I removed it, though obviously really noticed the wind in the chest at anything over 50. other than that I had a short local ride out when the sun came out late afternoon, lovely

IMG_20191013_164941.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. SpeedTwin1200

SpeedTwin1200 Senior Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Hampshire
    Took my bike to York for 2 days of i2i Motorcyle Academy training on this airfield.
    I can't recommend the course enough. It's fun, safe, relaxed, progressive and confidence building, even in the wet!

This was first thing on Thursday morning and there is a twin seater gyrocopter warming up on the right of the picture in the distance. I'd rather ride a bike, a lot safer!

IMG_1520 copy.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  20. SpeedTwin1200

SpeedTwin1200 Senior Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Hampshire