Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I'd say that Texas is probably the most sh*t-kicking state in America! WAY different than "kick ass". And I have a reliable source on this one as my brother lives in Texas. And my EX husband grew up in Texas. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Leisurely 180km run to the coast, with a nice scotch fillet and a beer when I got there.

B27FCC87-6F20-43BD-AB2F-C72B1218E5FE.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
  3. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    :joy::joy::joy: Texas does take a lot of pride in itself! Texans also threaten to secede from the United States fairly regularly. ;) Overall Texas is a very politically conservative state with the city of Austin being the somewhat lone liberal area. Nope, shit kicking isn't quite "being able to get things done". Here are a few uses of the term from Wiktionary.

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 7.01.05 AM.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Wyoming??!! Ummm, why Wyoming? :p

5. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    Hopefully you didnt eat all that healthy shit at the back Dartplayer? :worried:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Tim L

Tim L Active Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Norn Iron
    Took off tank, airbox and top yoke to get at the ignition - it had cut out when I was at the shops the other day and then died again when I got home. I looked and saw a broken wire at the cable tie attached to the ignition and another at the headstock.

When I took it off I found only 2 out of the 7 wires may be intact!!! Glad it was just the clutch cable that broke on the way back from Silverstone (to N.I.)

20190926_115816.jpg

20190926_103829.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tim L

Tim L Active Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Norn Iron
    What was hidden under the sleeve

1569518502637-2147164296.jpg

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    that looks as though it has been trapped for a while

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    that looks as though it has been trapped for a while

10. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
  12. Dartplayer

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Self serve salad bar, so mainly onions and tomatoes in vinegar and some beetroot on a single lettuce leaf.
    Man can get hungry riding 3 hours through hills and twisties.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Dartplayer

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    #11033 Dartplayer, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    Well worth the effort to strip it out @Tim L. Good peace of mind after the repair and new clutch cable. Let us know how she goes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    #11034 Adie P, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    Why Wyoming? Good question.

Well, it's big - not as big as Texas, but big. I mean REALLY big. It's sparsely populated - so is Texas, but Wyoming is even more so. It's got cowboys - REAL cowboys. Texas has cowboys, too, but I'd wager that the majority of them are the urban cowboy. It's got mountains - I mean REAL mountains. Big mountains. Texas has mountains, but they're nowhere near as big .... and they're not big, sticky-up, proper pointy mountains like in Wyoming. It's green - like the Hill Country, but greener ... and more of it. Cos it's big. It's got Yellowstone Park.... well, most of it, anyway. Yellowstone is big. It's bigger than England's largest county and yet it sits quietly in a small corner of the top left hand side of this big state. It's got a mountain range named 'THE BIG TITS' and any place that can name mountains after big tits has to be right. Right? Did I mention it's big? It is. Not the biggest, but big.

And it is beautiful. Truly, deeply, stunningly, achingly BEAUTIFUL. Texas has its beauty but, well, it's not really in the same league.

I like Texas - and its people. But, if I were forced to choose to live in either Texas or Wyoming it would be Wyoming for me - which is ironic because I much prefer a warm climate and I suspect the average temperatures in Wyoming are much lower than those in Texas.

Why Wyoming? Why ever not? ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Me and the missus spent four or five days travelling around Wyoming a few years ago after visiting Yellowstone. It was funny driving for fifty miles then coming to a "Town" sign saying "Town-name Population 3"
    Then one night I can remember watching a news report on TV. An elderly lady had been found dead at home, she had lain dead for six years !
    Sparsely populated yes but stunning mountains, forests, rivers, lakes and views.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    West of the Mississippi for the most part is sparsely populated, not much to choose from for lodging, restaurants, petrol stations, grocery or liquor stores once you get off the interstate highway system. These services may also close early. That's why i bought the big diesel motorcoach(camper) i can go for 1400 miles without refueling and carry enough water, food and beer for a week or more. West of the Mississippi is extremely big. Road trip to Alaska is on my bucket list.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    SIX years???!!! :eek::scream:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yep, west of the Mississippi is definitely big! When we travel through the West, especially on motorcycles, I'm always stunned by and grateful for the expansive beauty and sheer magnitude of wide open spaces. I always think to myself, "Overcrowding? What overcrowding?" But then I remember that part of the reason is water. As in lack of....

19. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #11039 Sandi T, Sep 27, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    OK, Adie, you've sold me on Wyoming! Even though I live in the U.S. and in the West at that, I've not been any place in Wyoming other than the tiny little southeast corner that I passed through a month ago while riding to Sturgis. But now I'm quite sure that Wyoming--and a proper tour of it--needs to go on the motorcycle trip bucket list. But we'll definitely need to plan a trip in the summer because, as you rightly suspect, the average temperatures in Wyoming are definitely lower than those in Texas. And WAY the heck lower than those in my (now) home state of Arizona!

• Like Like x 4
  20. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Hmmmm..... well, I honestly wasn't trying to 'SELL' the state, the idea or the reason for my personal preference. Honestly. My original remark was a kind of throwaway, though perhaps more sublime than subliminal, if you catch my drift!

I love Arizona to bits. I stayed in Phoenix for a couple of months and got to do a fair bit of wandering around the state so have visited many of its nicer - and some of its not-so-nice - places and, as I mentioned, I like hotter than hell as far as weather is concerned - maybe I'm pre-acclimatising? :eek:

But I would DEFINITELY recommend a motorcycle tour of Wyoming - heck, even the journey to and from would be on most people's bucket lists .... if you can omit as much as possible of the interstates.

• Like Like x 1