Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

20190915_135805.jpg

a5367214-75-drooling-homer.gif

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. RO73

RO73 Active Member

Jul 17, 2019
    Virginia, USA
    I bought these Mototrio side covers used. Although they are much heavier, I like the clean look a lot better than the stock ones.

BEE651FF-C9F0-4E4A-8AFE-B0FAEE9952A9.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    #10963 Wessa, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    On duty for the GMU crew. Been up to Kirby Stephen update on accommodation to follow. Now in Hawes for a brew.
    F67D824C-AA1C-480F-B97E-962471A191CF.jpeg

Edit: bloody hell left Hawes and set off down the road and my gear lever linkage bolt sheared, lucky to find a small garage to get a fix. Update to follow...

Edit: I’ve posted an update in the GMU 2020 thread.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Pleased to hear u got ur ride back!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. meepmeep

meepmeep Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2019
    Herts
    This evening I'm charging the Speed Twin's battery. I've learnt that with a Datatool Tracker it can't maintain a charge for longer than a week.

Luckily I found the old Optimate, but it's spoilt the chance of a nice evening ride. Funny really, the old CBR 600 and ZX6R used to hold their charge for around a month. They only had standard alarms rather than trackers though.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Ummm...your "lucky minion pants??! :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Oh dear!

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

What did it do?!?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Ron, if you can get at it, give the carb of the cylinder that's missing a little tap with a small hammer around the float bowl area while running the bike up, sometimes it is enough to dislodge whatever is causing the problem, worth a try?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Oh dear! Good luck sorting that out - it must be very annoying having to strip the carbs down so often. Is it worth considering an inline fuel filter? Something like this perhaps -

https://www.amazon.com/Bro-Aluminum...refix=inline+fuel+filter+moto,aps,218&sr=8-17

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    :joy: ayyy when I were a lad.....
    As a 14 year old once did this on my off road bike down the fields, only problem was I didn't have a hammer. A branch and a stone did it but then would it seemed to only run on the choke.
    Took it home, stripped it and I'd only snapped the ali inlet stub hadn't I :worried:o_O

Wakefield skill centre came to the rescue and my mates dad :heart: gave it to a student as a project :p

• Like Like x 4
  12. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Ok mate, was worth a go :(, I have seen it done before and it worked. o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Needs a shock rather than a bang try a socket extension instead

14. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Why do you bottle your farts? :p:cool:

• Funny Funny x 8
  15. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I haven't got to ride as much as I would like this year due to some health issues ( most of my riding buddies are in about the same fix, or working too much). That is becoming a thing of the past thankfully and I'm getting.out to run errands and doctor visits. I've got enough miles on my Pretech front brake I added this year to scrub the pads in well and get used to not having to crunch the front brake lever as hard to stop. Very nice ! Gives me a lot more confidence in the old America zipping in traffic. Made a run to the post office yeaterday and then took the long way home. We should have about 2 months of riding weather left this year. I'm going to try to get in what riding I can and hope next year goes better. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 7
  16. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Only another 2 months of riding weather?? Christ I went out to Laguna Beach in Dec/Jan a few years back and it was still in the low 70's Fahrenheit most days, over here in Blighty that's like summer! :sun::sun::sun:
    Visited Rocket Motorcycles in San Diego while I was there, they were a Triumph dealer, still got a couple of tee-shirts from there.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
  17. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    #10977 Wire-Wheels, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    I'm afraid I am a LONG way from "Loony Beach". I live in the inland desert area, about 40 miles north of San Bernardino. Elevation here is 3100- 3200'. Hot in the summer (100+), below freezing in the winter. Wind blows year round. People watch too many movies about California. It is not all sunshine, and palm trees. This picture is taken in my driveway. Look at the terrain across the street. ...J.D.

Legend rear view.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  18. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Wouldn't have known the 70 odd miles would make that much difference, just had a look at Google and I see what you mean about the elevation, I remember talking to someone when I was out there who said you could surf in the morning at Huntington Beach and snow board pm in Blue Bear, didn't really realise how close the two places are?

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    #10979 Wire-Wheels, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    Those "hills" you see in the background of the desert picture are the tips of the huge mountain range seperating us from the weather down there. In between you have this 17 miles away if you have a helicopter, but 41 miles of some excellent motorcycle roads. (My back deck at 6140') ...J.D.

Rear deck-2018.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  20. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    Removed hugger from DSSA Daytona and Araldited over a crack in it.

Grip glued slipping r/h grip too.

Little pottering jobs, all very pleasant after a day at work :)

DS

• Like Like x 7