Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. RO73

RO73 Active Member

Jul 17, 2019
    Virginia, USA
    I finally got my bobbins from Tec Bike parts and my Pit Bull Stand. I can finally clean and lube my chain properly.

8D03154E-6007-4C58-A9F0-C3A791F88B6E.jpeg

• Like Like x 17
  2. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Surprised myself finding my 97 Sprint (Tori) is returning 51mpg over the last few weeks. Must be doing something right... It was giving me an average of 40mpg when I got it.

I've done over the last few months.... Clean oil, clean filters, clean fuel, clean carbs, correct tyre pressures, new plugs...Grease points greased, chain adjusted, cleaned and oiled, scottoiler fitted. Not all at the same time, bit by bit as time and funds allow.

I bought offa eblagg, a set of 4 pegs and both levers for not much money, as the gear change has a bolt for the rubber... Spare brake lever a bonus. I have new bushings to fit too.

Also got a set of exhaust pipes, the headers, minus the cans, again eblagg, for not a lot of funds. Been welded at some point, but seem gas tight. This is for if I have problems fitting the centre stand, (again off eblagg, along with the bolts, bushes and springs). Waiting for winter to mess about with that.. Currently the exhaust is in the way of fitting it, and you can't ride without an exhaust, so when it's snowing I'll start fiddling with it.

Was going to take a run out today, but Mrs BS is not well today, so staying home.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Had a great 60 mile round trip blat this morning to a cafe that does the best banoffee pie in the land, only to find they had none on today : unamused:, ah well, the ride was fun :p

• Like Like x 9
  4. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    #10944 MadMrB, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    Out for a couple of hours this evening...the temperature, or lack of, was a bit of a shock :eek:

IMG_20190907_173507112.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  5. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    10:00 pm here and still 84. Yesterday I played hooky at work at noon, rode 35 miles out to thunder road in agusta, KS. Had not been there in 3 years due to other issues. crops were tall so every corner was blind. Made a reconnaissance run to see road conditions. Ran four laps back and forth, had fun, great short run.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Nipped off to Bury Hill - went into white ways car park and did a U turn as it was so busy. Went on for a trundle along the coast.

When I returned home my neighbour called by to show my his new toy - a lovely 2006 Tiger 1050 with only 11k on the clock. He’s going to give it a clean up, service and MoT so that hopefully next weekend we can get a few pictures for the forum on a ride out.

His old XJ1300 might be modified for time trials...

Now in a hotel near Ipswich as I couldn’t stand the thought of the M25 at rush hour tomorrow morning!

Zzzzz.....

• Like Like x 9
  7. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Started work early today, got to lunchtime and I thought feck it...so went for a run...

IMG_20190910_133938265_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  8. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    This morning I’ve fitted a new set of forks to my Daytona.
    I bought a set for £60 off eBay recently, mainly because they were so cheap and because one of the pinch bolt threads on my bike was damaged.
    Anyway, I’ve been unhappy with the performance of my forks for a while, too harsh, so after trying different settings and weights of fork oil to no avail, I bit the bullet and got the other forks fettled by a local suspension guru.
    He’s done a full clean and service of the forks, new seals and oil, as well as fitting a K-Tech piston kit and springs suited to my weight.
    The difference is like night and day. :cool:
    Massive improvement in damping and it feels like a new bike :grinning:
    Not a cheap job by any stretch but I’m really pleased. No more feeling like I’ve been using a jack hammer after a ride. :cool:
    I’ve only done a 10 minute test ride so far but the base setting he’s set is good, just a tiny bit of tweaking needed perhaps.

B847F3DD-F259-404E-BC25-BBF868D3E609.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  9. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    Replaced speedo drive magnet on my new bike and had a quick blat after to check it worked, wheel stayed on and brakes work.

Now understand that replacing them may be a regular part of ownership ;-)

All good :)

DS

• Like Like x 8
  10. BATEBY45

BATEBY45 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Quick blast along the A14 to Kettering for a Humanist UK meeting.

11. I hate that road..

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Annie is looking mighty purdy mate, can you use this stuff on humans as I fancy a Teflon coating! :joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  13. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    beer 'o' clock at my local

IMG_3142.jpg

IMG_3143.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  14. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Short ride this morning, then spent most of the rest of the day cleaning it...

IMG_20190914_212624589.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  15. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That is one of the best gremlin bells I've yet to see, @Dozers Dad and @Ron Ashurst! :) Very cool that you made it, Ron. I had gremlin bells on all my bikes but never a nifty handmade one such as this. I did manage to find a bell with a cafe racer on it that I had on both of my Thruxtons and I currently have a bell on my Speed Triple that has the triangle Triumph logo. But none handmade with love like this one. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Ron! I appreciate the link. I also know someone for whom this would be the perfect ride bell for his (relatively) new Yamaha Tracer GT.

Yep, that's definitely part of DD's "style and charm". ;) What a delightful gift you got for him! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Maybe I should send the bill directly to your accountant, DD? It's a rather tidy sum and you may not want to see it yourself .;)

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#10958 Cyborgbot, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2019
    Yesterday we rode to Whiteways (Bury Hill) with a friend and his new (to him) Tiger 1050, now he’s cleaned it up and got it road worthy.

Photo as promised.

4E1519F9-A475-4EE2-888D-C1C7FE8BEE13.jpeg

Tigger says sorry for photo bombing the shot of his new mate!

Tigger’s new panniers are definitely waterproof (or to be precise - lemonade proof). A drinks bottle leaked 500ml to create a nice puddle, and in so doing soaking my cold weather trollies. Grrr...

Off out to Devils Dyke later today (I think) with a bunch of hoons - then back to clean carpets and fix the sodding dish washer. It is leaking slightly from the pump sump gasket - a pain in the wotzit to dismantle, clean etc! Almost tempted to buy a new dish washer but my latent Yorkshireman gene is twitching like hell.

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 4
  19. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    Quick blast, then a couple of hours at our local J&S open day on the Blood Bike stall collecting cash to fund our activities.

Amid all the new and sometimes pricey machinery in the car park, it was a beautifully restored W reg Aprilla RS 250 that was getting all the attention :)

DS

• Like Like x 6
  20. Timmy Tucker

Timmy Tucker Elite Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Newmarket
    20190915_135756.jpg 20190915_135805.jpg Tucker and Lisa a day out a the sports bike shop at Boston Lisa gets a New jacket. And Tucker gets a muc off polishing ball .
    Happy wife happy life. Also meet a very nice bloke from Peterborough called chris spent most of the day talking bike's and trips abroad.
    Tucker

• Like Like x 8