Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    Today I checked my Speedmaster's oil level. Sounds like such a simple thing, but due to engine having a (half obscured) sight glass thingy rather than an easy to use dipstick and not having anyone to help I ended up buying a trolley jack to get my bike level. (That'll also come in handy for front wheel removal come tyre change time.)

I wanted to check the oil properly because I've been rather negligent in that area and at the recent 10,000 mile service they said it only had 2.3l rather than 3.4l :eek: Needless to say that after the service, gear changing was noticeably smoother. :)

Today's oil reading was mid-way between min and max and when I let the jack down the front wheel was 10cm below rear but still read oil at min-level, so at least I now know when lubing chain with just the rear paddock stand what oil level to look for without faffing around with trolley jacks.

oil.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I have a similar problem with my Beemer as the sight glass is under the left hand cylinder.
    I just sit on the bike so it’s level then reach down and take a picture with my phone. Simples! :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    I tried that, and a web camera connected to my laptop, but couldn't get a good view whatever I tried.

4. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Brown mice don’t have very long arms I guess. :joy:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Mischa Vladivostok

Mischa Vladivostok Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    Transformed my old (crashed) frontlight into a house lamp. The hardest part was probably removing the permaglue; 10 minutes in the oven and a lot of elbow grease did it. Had to enlarge the casing a bit to fit a threaded light socket there, used a copper one for lower profile. Was thinking of using it like a projector, with a strong white bulb, but in the end settled for an ambiance light.

IMG_8592.JPG IMG_8590.JPG IMG_8594.JPG IMG_8593.JPG IMG_8596.JPG IMG_8605.JPG IMG_8616.JPG

So now I have a Triumph branded lamp.

• Like Like x 9
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Not sure about the rest of you, but when I look back on this thread, pages 614-626 are blank. Seems that's happening to several other threads, too. :(

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Nice. Weird, but nice!

• Like Like x 1
  8. SpeedTwin1200

SpeedTwin1200 Senior Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Hampshire
    Ordered a bar end T2060499 - Friction Ring. I was riding along at 70 with a 30 mph headwind and I notice the RH mirror was pointing low. The arm had a bit on free play in it and with that wind pressure it tilted back.
    I thought there had been no damage last night when I was messing around with a rear paddock stand and a block of wood under the kick stand when over she went! Fortunately the bar end and mirror went through a chipboard shelf on a Bigdug shelf unit along side and I couldn't believe the only damage was a couple of light marks on the mirror stay. So I took the bar end off this evening and sure enough the plastic friction ring had been tweeked and had a bit missing which caused the free play.
    As I was booked onto a DVSA Enhanced Rider Scheme thing today, I was hugely relieved last night that I still had a brake lever and mirror to use, so I've added a set of spare levers to the order in case I do something stupid again!

Had a great ride out with Mickey Norris from Pheonix Training in Fareham. Did 190 miles, stopped off at Destination Triumph, saw the 2 seater Spitfire take off while enjoying a bacon bap at the Control Tower Cafe here; https://www.boultbeeflightacademy.co.uk/solent
    had a coffee stop at MotoRapido, enjoyed some great views over the Solent from Portsdown Hill Road, then had tea and a rock cake on the beach! And I got my certificate.
    :)

• Like Like x 7
  9. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    Being as it was sunny I thought I'd get a few hours riding in, glad I put the extra layers on as despite the sun it wasn't especially warm, guess we've had the best of summer now. Whilst out, I stopped by a local bike place I know for some cake... 1.jpg
    2.jpg

• Like Like x 19
  10. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #10934 Sandi T, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    Ok, OsteKuste has a dino travel / ride mascot and brown mouse has a, well, brown mouse mascot. Now I'm on a mission to get me a ride mascot, too. :cool:

Maybe this??? Hmmm, maybe a wee bit too big for the job.

Image.jpg

• Like Like x 12
    • Funny Funny x 4
  11. TemujinRain94

TemujinRain94 Member

Aug 29, 2019
    Cornwall
    not today but I fitted a scorpion exhaust and did a photoshoot with the other tiger in the family which is an N reg steamer tiger 900
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  12. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    #10936 brown mouse, Sep 6, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  13. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Exhaust bodge and Carbon fibre swing arm protection!
    Got a hugger and rad sides too but it’s now raining!

50E9CBAB-6D24-46DD-957B-90A99BD1B2DB.jpeg

C24ADC30-C0F9-4B8B-9637-138B2B559D9D.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  15. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Think we need a soundtrack of the new exhaust :p, are we looking at a Speedy RS, is it a rear wheel out job to fit the hugger on them?

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    #10940 Ducatitotriumph, Sep 6, 2019
    Hi there,
    It's a LOT easier to get to the last bolt on the hugger if the wheel is off tbh.
    Also, i had to take off the chain guard (and the wheel to get to it) to get the swing arm protector on it as it has a small split in it which means you dont have to take off the chain to put it on. Not with the chain guard on though!!!
    As soon as I sort out (waiting for it to arrive) the front 47mm clamp, I'll get a sound track.
    It (the coffmans exhaust) was on ebay uk for a buy it now of £100 for a CBR250R honda.
    I thought I could make it fit somehow!
    I paid £25 for the exhaust reducer (with a 10 degree bend to clear the tyre (tire :)) on ebay uk and this is the result. £125 all in.
    I have done the 12 mins exhaust thingie though so it should be ready to rock by next week!

IMG_1216.JPG

IMG_1217.JPG

• Like Like x 6